B4 The Bell Tuezelday July 20

This is some extremely important interest rate-debt statistics done and

posted by WRS........at Bear Chat............

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?t=109031

Wow. Brilliant, classic post from WRS.

His second chart shows how a gentle, 1% annual increase in the interest paid on govt debt, will quickly drive both interest costs and the deficit to exponential rises.

These mathematics are very probable and very real. Print out a copy and post it on your wall. These are the funny-mentals which will rule the markets during the next couple of years.

Thank you HiHat ...

A great analysis, indeed.

This is the reason why I have recently been proclaiming that their ONLY choice at this point to prolongue the inevitable is with poor jobs data, and benign inflation data and poor economic data to drive the Ten Year Yield back down to the bottom of the range for yet another refi dip. They really have no choice, do they?

It's already been proven that lousy jobs data slams the Ten Year Yield, thereby lowering mortgage rates, and it's already been proven that 990N can jam the markets despite bad news...so that's what the script calls for.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this Yukos takeover goes ahead, it will be one of the greatest confiscations of private assets of all time. The WSJ estimates that Yukos will get $10 billion less than the value of the company in compensation. Still there is hardly a peep form Washington or big oil in the US in protest.

The benefiting companies could make 'donations' in the hundered of millions to Putin and still come out way ahead.

Looks like the liquidation of MSFT is good news. I am going flat in the S&P with some losses based on the conclusions of Doc, etc., that there may be a further rally up to 1017 or higher. :(

TE, thanks for CTX comments/chart. I'm holding some puts from several days ago.

I got it from Meta. I am short from 44.75. Gotta give credit where credit is due. :)

Drano,

FWIW although I see 29 as the H&S target, I will cover at the low 30's-35. Notice the support from a year ago. JSYK.

Remember when Putin came out of the blue and declared that he had provided Bush with information linking AlQaeda and Iraq? Even our own intelligence community stated that they had no idea what he was talking about.

What that showed me is that Putin and bush had struck some very new and different type of relationship, and that Putin in a very Ham Handed over the top fashion was trying to help his new partner in crime.

I know nothing.

I question everything.

Mr. Putin, in backing W's play, quite brazenly contradicted his own prior remarks on the same subject.

I read speculation that such was a quid pro quo for an indulgent US gov attitude toward the invasion of Chechnya. Each government now upholds the other's adventures in the Muslim world as part of the "War on Terrorism."

All the same, I assess this alliance as temporary and likely to end abruptly, and on a violently unpleasant note.

I have a question about your signature BDK. Are you expecting a $ bull market? The one thing I feel confidant about is an eventual collapse of the doo-lar.

I expect a/the 'cyclical' dollar bull market to accelerate in Sept 04 to 2006

Does anyone know what Microsoft will have to sell to pay the dividend.  I mean its not hanging around in cash, is it?

They have over 50 Billion in cash. The fact that they are not using the money to buy other companies should tell the bulls something. "I am wrong". :lol: :lol:

Think about it. If Mr. softie saw BARGINS out there don't you think they would try to rub off the non growth dividend paying co. status and get back on the growth status trail by buying companies?

After you think about it, report back. :)

Archived