B4 The Bell Weak-end Den July 22-24

All of this administration BULLSHIT about american workers not being skilled enough for the jobs available really pisses me off. It's a total lie. Blame the citizenship for the failures of the Fed. It's so criminal.

Talk to the MBAs, Engineers, Computer Programmers, E-Marketing experts etc. about that. Some of the best and brightest people in America are no longer able to work at the jobs that they ALREADY TRAINED FOR AND EXCEL AT LIKE NO OTHER PEOPLE ON EARTH.

The bubble that Greenspan allowed to blow up out of all proportion led to an absence of qualified workers to fill the white collar jobs that were created by the deluge of Venture Capital that flooded the market. As a direct result of that, many people found themselves fully employable for very high wages. Some of these people were already highly skilled, but many had their skill sets improved immensely through on the job training in the heat of the mania.

If I needed to launch the hottest new DotCom venture in the world today, I could find the most highly skilled people in America right here in Fort Lauderdale who are presently unemployed.

Blaming the victims for the sins of the leaders is as low as it could possibly get. This issue of a (purportedly) underskilled U.S. workforce - insufficient to handle tasks of the (purported) millions of high-skill jobs available in the United States is a total lie. These high skill / high pay jobs do not exist. They are gone because the trend has reversed, and the bubble that Greenspan enabled is still deflating.

I'm certain that there is a special place in hell reserved for these assholes that blame the American worker for the policies and the greed and the corruption that have resulted in the mess we have today.

Architects, Electricians, Plumbers, Engineers, Brick Layers...all will face the unemployment lines in the near future when the housing boom busts. Even CUSTOMER SERVICE, which used to be a hallmark of American Corporations has been diminished to a level lower than pond scum. Ask Americans what irks them the most and they will tell you it is the inability to get a live human on the phone when things go wrong. Now if you can get a live human, it is a live human in India earning 1/3 less than the American who likely was forced to train them on their way out the door.

So how do you explain to that 55 year old widow who won all of those customer service excellence awards over the last 30 years of service that her phone skills are of insignificant value today? She was the cornerstone of your company, and now she's worthless, because Greenspan, Snow and Bush say so. Assholes!

Exactly what skill sets do you recommend for this future economy of yours Mr. Greenspan? Mr. Snow? Mr. Bush? Be specific.

Wake up people. It's all a lie.

Word.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George W. Bush remporte le prix de l'homme le plus stupide de l'ann?e

Nelson Wyatt

Presse Canadienne

Le pr?sident des ?tats-Unis George W. Bush a remport? le prix de l'homme le plus stupide de l'ann?e, vendredi, lors de la deuxi?me c?r?monie de remise des prix de la stupidit?.

En plus de son prix de l'homme le plus stupide de 2004, le pr?sident am?ricain a aussi re?u le prix de la stupidit? pour avoir mis la plan?te en p?ril. M. Bush a partag? le prix de cette cat?gorie avec le premier ministre Tony Blair.

Cette deuxi?me c?r?monie de remise des prix de la stupidit? a eu lieu dans le cadre du festival Juste pour rire. Une liste des gagnants a ?t? obtenue par la Presse Canadienne.

Le pr?sident am?ricain s'est aussi illustr? alors que les ?tats-Unis ont re?u le prix du gouvernement le plus stupide de l'ann?e.

La d?claration la plus stupide de l'ann?e a aussi ?t? attribu?e ? George W. Bush, lorsqu'il a affirm? que ?les combats ?taient termin?s en Irak? o? les affrontements se poursuivent toujours un an plus tard.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/arts/article/1,1...04,742583.shtml

George W. Bush remporte le prix de l'homme le plus stupide de l'ann?e

Nelson Wyatt

Presse Canadienne

Le pr?sident des ?tats-Unis George W. Bush a remport? le prix de l'homme le plus stupide de l'ann?e, vendredi, lors de la deuxi?me c?r?monie de remise des prix de la stupidit?.

En plus de son prix de l'homme le plus stupide de 2004, le pr?sident am?ricain a aussi re?u le prix de la stupidit? pour avoir mis la plan?te en p?ril. M. Bush a partag? le prix de cette cat?gorie avec le premier ministre Tony Blair.

Cette deuxi?me c?r?monie de remise des prix de la stupidit? a eu lieu dans le cadre du festival Juste pour rire. Une liste des gagnants a ?t? obtenue par la Presse Canadienne.

Le pr?sident am?ricain s'est aussi illustr? alors que les ?tats-Unis ont re?u le prix du gouvernement le plus stupide de l'ann?e.

La d?claration la plus stupide de l'ann?e a aussi ?t? attribu?e ? George W. Bush, lorsqu'il a affirm? que ?les combats ?taient termin?s en Irak? o? les affrontements se poursuivent toujours un an plus tard.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/arts/article/1,1...04,742583.shtml

On behalf ot the United States of America,

let me be the first to thank our great neighbors to the North for

the great honor bestowed upon our "peace president."

Guest yobob1

For us non TA types, this seems a pretty good overview of where we are from a TA perspective

For each of the 500 companies represented in this ultimate proxy for the US stock markets, it takes targeted individual selling in them alone to cause their individual point-and-figure price charts to no longer show buy signals. With the absolute 31.2% drop in the SPX BPI since January, this means that 156 S&P 500 component companies have already experienced individualized heavy selling so far in 2004. The internal damage being done by this decaying S&P 500 top has been enormous, even while the headline index remains deceptively placid.

Ominous Stock Technicals

If those of you who are having firewall problems accessing this site would provide me with the names of the firewall software and website address I will have my lawyer write to them threatening a lawsuit.

Got that counselor?

If those of you who are having firewall problems accessing this site would provide me with the names of the firewall software and website address I will have my lawyer write to them threatening a lawsuit.

Got that counselor?

Actually you have a good PR opportunity with this Doc.

Bearish ideas so radical that they lead to censorship?

Alert the media!

Jul. 24, 2004. 01:00 AM

World creeping closer to `oil shock'

Energy crisis could loom, experts say

Merger architects like Lee Raymond of the former Exxon Corp. and Sir John Browne of BP PLC (which triggered the takeover boom by absorbing Amoco Corp. and Arco Corp.), initially hailed their combinations as super-producers uniquely capable of opening up the world's most daunting regions to oil and gas production.

Instead, the new giants have focused on paying off their acquisition-related debt, cutting personnel and other costs, shedding marginal properties and buying back their own stock in order to boost share prices to which executive pay is tied.

The charitable view is that Big Oil is merely reacting to investor expectations. "CEOs are listening to what institutional shareholders want," Lehman Brothers Inc. anal cyst James Crandell told Business Week in June. "Production growth is a secondary goal, if it's a goal at all."

The less charitable view is that consumers are now at the mercy of a cabal of like-minded Big Oil CEOs who are no longer forced to bet their companies on a potential giant discovery ? as the plucky Arco did in Prudhoe Bay in partnership with Exxon ? because of a tacit understanding among today's majors that they won't compete for the kinds of projects that once could make a company.

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...ol=968793972154

Plunger- I like your idea, however, I suspect the blockage has to do with the word "Anals".

I would ask all subscribers to please let me know if your Anals are blocked. I can assure you will will take every possible action to see that they are unblocked.

Plunger the idea of Peak Oil is getting out to the public. I was surfing the box last night and there was a guest on Tech TV's Martin Sargaent show who was talking about it. Seems like food production will be a major problem. Back to the Victory Garden folks. Not going to be very pretty. Is it any wonder the Idiot Prince and Mr. Hal are gobbling up the Middle East? :o

Link Good discussion last night-Huh. Ray Merriman in my view is the best Financial Astrologer out there. I have followed him for a lot of years and rarely is he wrong. He sums up where we are very well. It is indeed fish or cut bait time. When you spend the years I have watching the tape you get to a point where you can recognise when there is an anomaly. A time when things are different, when forces take over that are beyond natural cycles. This I believe is one of those times-if so WE are in a lot of Trouble!

Archived