Poole To Potato Head: "we Have A Problem"

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's the Bernanke miracle again... The printing press trick is based on the amount of debt you can coax an individual human being into... once you run out of human victims it's game over... The FED already buys every treasury issued as it is... the treasury is just the sales agent it works like this...

the Government needs 20 billion the fed issues a federal reserve check which the Government deposits into their account and the treasury sells paper to back it up...

The government money 2.2 trillion floods into the economy and is multiplied by commercial banks... If no one borrows or can't borrow, it doesn't matter how big the budget deficits become...

They don't have a hope in hell of replicating a functioning economy...

Commercial banks live on compound interest... when that dries up they starve to death...

maxout is maxout... Bernanke's scam will ensure that the government can make the payroll but it does zero for the economy, absolutely zip...

And for the plan to be sustainable for an extended period of time taxes will have to go up and once taxes = income then what?

The jig is up... the Bernanke printing press trick or "miracle" was kicked into high gear in 1971, it is the reason we are where we are...

His statements are at the most comforting to simpletons...

We're gona die... don't worry Ben says they'll just print money and we'll all be saved...

It a joke?

I know It's early but, I'm still tired soo, Break on through by the doors off their first album. Still short.

Break on through

You know the day destroys the night

Night divides the day

Tried to run

Tried to hide

Break on through to the other side

Break on through to the other side, yeah

We chased our pleasures here

Dug our treasures there

But can you still recall

The time we cried

Yeah!

C'mon, yeah

Everybody loves my baby

Everybody loves my baby

She get

She get

She get

She get high

I found an island in your arms

Country in your eyes

Arms that chain us

Eyes that lie

Break on through, oww!

Oh, yeah!

Made the scene from

Week to week

Day to day

Hour to hour

The gate is straight

Deep and wide

Break on through X4

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, watch out for the OE antics coming up.

Tightening trailing stops the rest of the week.

I wonder if we will get any real money leaving the market on this trip down, or if these suckers are going to hold on the whole way down like Doc says.

So far, we are following a shallow glide path. The inverse of the shallow incline path taken on the way up in 1995 - 1996.

Looks like the PM's were the first to get liquidated. Glamazon stocks will be the last to go.....

I can't wait for the low. I'm covering and going dong, perhaps the same crap I'm short. The fools like to buy speculative junk.

Decline following my script to a tee...

http://www.capitalstool.com/forums/index.p...t=ST&f=2&t=1466

I'll let ya know when #5 nears completion. Could be very soon at this sudden new rate. :lol:

Feel the mist, hear the roar.

Spiritually combustible???

The whole goddamned house is on fire!!!

The banality or should HRFF say VENALity of this Administration has reached new depths in catering to the insatiate appetites of American corporations who stand to profit by this incipient military misadventure.

Crapvision is announcing that the Bush Administration is taking bids on contractsfrom five major construction and engineering FURms for the rebuilding of Iraq estimated in worth up to $900 billion.

The BARE finds the notion of an invading nation, confident of victory, already planning to line the pockets of it's corporate supporters, prior to hostilities, eerily redolent of Germany in the 1930's.

He also finds the whole scenario of such pre-planning, while logical, simply revolting.

War is plainly being planned and implemented with the objective of economic stimulus, inter alia.

It's midday and The BARE hasn't had any lunch. This has caused him to lose his appetite.

We are about to flatten one of the oldest and most architecturally unique cities on earth, kill and maim tens or hundreds of thousands, many of them innocent or reluctant participants, and then allocate profits to the "lucky" few to "rebuild" the horrific landscape we are about to create.

It's all a bit much for this observer. He finds it hard to believe people who attended schools like he did would do such things. But they are.

oh. one of HRFF's prep school classmates commands a carrier group. Probably one of the five off Iraq right now. The orders he gives, if there, will doom myriad Iraqi lives and cause enormous physical destruction. He was, deservedly, recently held up as an exemplar of professional attainment in the old school's alumni bulletin.

I think a lot of us stoolies have had a hard time getting our family members and friends and other people we care about to understand why the market is going to continue heading down. I have found a great book that will get the point across to them in layman's terms. It can be found and bought in Doc's store.

Essentially it describes how the baby boomers upcoming selling forced by ERISA will be the ultimate dagger to this market. It also describes how a lot of financial planners' statements and wall street statements are very ignorant and/or blatant lies, the "fox teaching the chickens" is how the author stated it. Most of us stoolies already knew that. For the uneducated people in our lives, though, it will be an eye opener.

My mom finally has understood how much trouble this market is in and the hurt that people are in because of it is just the beginning pebbles of the avalanche.

Well folks, I am back in the saddle again after taking a couple weeks off to be a host to some asian exotica. I hope you all have been making some money!

Genital Electric: (from CBS Marketwatch)

General Electric Co. lost 42 cents to $23.88. While the company said Friday in its annual report that its post-retirement benefit plans contributed $806 million pretax to earnings in 2002, a footnote said the pension plan actually lost $5.25 billion, or equal to 29 percent of its pretax earnings.

General Electric followed accounting rules in reporting pension earnings. Still, officials of the Securities and Exchange Commission said last month companies should go beyond accounting rules to clearly disclose and explain pension results to investors.

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark!

Plunger

The lack of real selling pressure comes from sheer complacency and WISHFUL THINKING...but the point of recognition is near. ?I had a Match.com guest in from NYC for the weekend. ?Smart girl, makes six figures, from a wealthy family. ?She told me she's very close to giving up on stocks and getting out of the market. ?Another victim of Merry Lynching.

There's just not been a shocking day that drives the point home to force her hand. ?She may or may not notice that the market was down today, but the market's been down more than this in a day - so no big deal. ?

Don't underestimate the significance of the curbs (combined with the blatant PRICE KEEPING OPERATIONS) which seemingly prevented the market from being down 700 points today. ?Why panic and sell now? It's only down a couple hundred points!

If this baby were a true, free flowing, supply & demand trading market - it would already be over.

Plunger

Couldn't agree more, that was one of the most orderly selloffs I've seen in quite some time. As gruff pointed out a number of times, that advdecv chart was a thing of beauty, could only be an artifact of trading robots I gotta think.

post-3-1047330047.jpg

Credit to gruff

On Iraq, a War Struck Journal story reminds us that the US is the largest buyer of Iraqi oil. If we have already declared war against Iraq last fall, as we are lead to believe in last fall's Congressional resolution, then aren't we trading with the enemy?

Anyway on a less serious note, what about the multi-level derivative meltdown - as indictated by drops in those GSEs. Anyone think this is going to blow soon - or is it just not in the cycles now?

Archived