HedgeHogs Grassoed

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still long with no intentions of getting out soon.

Up 7 days in a row now.

Who cares why  :lol:

Nothing looks bearish once you take the blinders off  :P

Pile's a broken record, but that tune he is singing is making him rich! :D

Congrats Pile.

Pile's is my buddy.

I am just giving him something to think about. He has been very right here. I just hope he doesn't give up those gains.

I was just messing with him, that's all. The guy has been on a tear and he lets us all know about it every single day!

:D

Scott,

Some stoolies can testify, I recommended shorting FWHT last night.

Day late, doo-lar short. Oh well.

Nice call on FWHT. It was at fib resistance, so I had sold what little I bought. Couldn't get shares to short and didn't buy any puts. Oh well.

Always another shot out there.

LEXR looks good to short near 21.2 or 24.3

We know you're kidding around DT. :wink2:

Short or long, he always has.  Just people liked it when he was short.

Thanks Mousey. I rather enjoy coming here each day watching in amazement as this market goes higher and higher AND HIGHER - while Pile reminds me how STUPID I AM for watching the run instead of just going with the flow.

Yeah, Pile was a lot more fun when he was short. :P

long, short whatever, but if one does not see all the bearish handwriting on the wall they are deaf dumb and blind. It aint if it is when. Play it from the long side, whatever gets you thru the day, but My God, there has never been a more bearish setup. Hey, they do not all play out, but one has to be wearing blinders not to see the signs.

This is a rocket launch that will make it 50 feet then fall back and explode...

When is the question of the money lovers...Well opening up the history books and doing a little research you will find that when it happens less than 1% of the money lovers survive to gloat... No need to search for when but you must know what when looks like...That is the purpose of capitalstool...to get enough info to decide if when is happening or not...we are getting closer to when everyday...

Now the Hyperinflation camp...It is possible in the short term to pump money into the markets to inflate them to counteract the effects of deflation...but not forever you need follow through action from the real economy which is the true sustainable source of debt which the markets run on...

If the second hand recovery is real then eventually the required amount of exponential debt inflation to power the markets will return...

If not then any shenanigans and marketing gimmicks being used to maintain the markets will lose power and eventually the downward pressure will overpower...

The markets have 2 components the credit bubble and the psychology bubble...

Credit goes and psychology follows which is usually the case it is rare for the psychology bubble to collapse before the credit bubble...

But the economic damage the credit bubble is doing is starting to have a negative effect on the psychology bubble which is at maxed out levels...

If they lose control wild cornered animal stage will show up...Gold and silver will rise to levels that will make the most rabid gold bugs go mad and debt inflated equity will collapse...

Gold and silver will eventually collapse also because they float in a floating exchange rate system... at some point formerly debt inflated assets will be a bargan in relation to gold...that is the nature of debt deflationary implosions...

When they shut the presses of in Germany when they couldn't keep up to inflation a hyperdeflationary implosion of debt followed...the 99% of the population that had to depend on debt hyperinflation to function were bought up by the 1% who converted their hyperdisintergrating paper into gold...

Debt Inflationary pricing action collapses when debt inflationary forces collapse...the last significant collapse in the US was 1929 and it came close in the 90's the Feteral funds rate was dropped from around 10% to 3% to get out of that...The current housing boom started there...

Currently due to the ignorance of the mechanics of debt backed by debt fractional reserve economics people and groups take any significant rise in debt levels as a sign of the beginning of hyperinflation...But the reality is that current mechanics prevent hyperinflation because it is debt backing debt and the only way to sustain hyperinflation is with the creation of massive amounts of non debt backed free money distributed on a massive scale into the economy...There is no evidence that this is happening...None. Zero...

The current action is being fueled by debt backing debt...which has maximum limits which are beginning to show up... Consumer credit growth is still flat

What consumer credit looks like before it collapses...

post-1-1064005984.gif

This is what it looks like when it does and interest rates are lowered enough to escape the point of no return...

post-1-1064006056.gif

All the economic "recoveries" in the past were in full swing when the interest rates were lowered to the too low line...the too low line is now in the negative interest rate zone and is unreachable...

Unless debt creation explodes like in 93 and soon...then debt creation will eventually weaken and since lowering of interest rates is not an option like the past 23 years then there is currently no way to prevent the point of no return from being past...and an unstoppable hyperdeflationary implosion of debt taking place...

If is not the question, when is.... and unless you die real quick you will see when, we all will, there is no escape from when...

Debt inflation must move straight up forever at this point or when will be here very quick... The charts must start shooting to the moon like rockets plain and simple or the rocket will come crashing down to oblivion...

I still figure in the next 5-9 months "when" will begin to make it's appearance...and cutting the Federal funds rate by 550 basis points will not be an option...

post-1-1058388857.gif

H-P authorizes $1 billion for stock buybacks (HPQ) by Rex Crum

SAN FRANCISCO (CBS.MW) -- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) said Friday it had authorized $1 billion to be used to buy back company stock at future dates. H-P said it intends to used the authorization to continue with normally planned share repurchases and other buybacks as needed. H-P shares rose 18 cents to close at $21.15

this is really bad news for bears

roll back to y2k year, HP was interested in buying the consulting division of PriceWaterhouseCoopers for 15Billion. well the market croaked in March 2000 and HP balked and the partners at PWC had blinders on and didn't lower the selling price, which I'm sure they do now as IBM finally bought PWC's consultants in October 2002 for a mere 3.3Billion.

What will this $1Billion share buy back buy HPQ? IBM was smart in the their acquisiton of thousands of surviving consultants are generating lotsa revenue helping the financial figures. HPQ should've beat IBM to the punch and bought PWC's consultants instead of wasting 15Billion buying marketshare by buying Compaq(worlds' sorriest PCs )

At same time, IBM has spend billions over the 90s buying back it's shares, even borrow $$ to buy back shares, something which Fleckstein has written about many times. It's definitely 1999 all over again. Pick your ride, jump on the train with Pile or just be patient and take a long vacation until it's safe to SHORT again :grin:

I have some time tonight. With that a little Zappa from "you are what you is" A few more to follow.

Teenage Wind Lyrics

It?s a miserable friday night

I?m so lonely

And nobody?ll give me a ride

To the grateful dead concert...oh rats!

I got to be free

Free as the wind

Free is the way

I got to be

Maybe I?m lost

Maybe I sinned

I got to be

Totally free

Our parents don?t love us

Our teachers they say

Things that are boring

So we?re running away

And we will be free

And people will see

That when we are free

That?s the way we should be

Nothing left to do but get out the ?ol

Glue

(sniff it good now...)

Our parents don?t love us

Our teachers they say

Things that are boring

So we?re running away

And we will be free

And people will see

That when we are free

That?s the way we should be

(we must be free!)

The glue! the glue! I can?t find the glue!

(we must be free as the wind)

If I was at the concert now, I?d be ripped!

(we were free when we were born)

I could tighten my headband for an extra rush

During jerry?s guitar solo

Then I could go to a midnite show of 200 motels!

(we were born free, but, now we are not free anymore!)

"opal, you hot little bitch!"

"you can take this pin n? hang it in yer ass!"

"you ain?t the devil!"

"where?s my waitress? "

But we wanna be free

An? were gonna be free

Yes, we want to be free and we?re gonna be free

... did you know that

Free is when you don?t have to

Pay for nothing

Or do nothing

We want to be free