It can't be killed

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just finished reading the GM equity for debt filing.....3 minutes later, the dicks from C N B C come on with "BREAKING NEWS"

To their credit they hilighted the one thing that had me rolling on the floor

a 1:100 reverse split

So now, if you tender your bonds you get 225 shares per $1,000 face and then get skullf***ed when they do the 1:100 reverse and end up with 2.25 shares of a $185.00 stock (based on todays close) [Edit: obviously this has no effect from an economic stand point, but it does provide a big fat juicy target for the shorts]

What the f**k are these guys thinking...

Oh, and as further proof of what idiots these guys are I received a several hundred page prospectus for each and every tranche of GM debt I own (most of it bought in the 'teens).....must have weighed 20 pounds

________

Incidentally, I plan on "not" tendering, but hope the tender is successful.....that way I'll still get my interest payments, plus the price of the bonds will jump up.....did the same thing with Ford and it worked like a champ

I know there must have been a few over the years that showed some kind of upside performance after a big reverse split, but usually reverse splits are licenses to short with impunity....

"Gurus" getting a little testy over on xtrends..... :unsure:

Atilla M. Demiray Today 05:12 PM

Sheeplie got breakeven for the year as Dow is now where it was in Jan 2009 but hey last two days all you hear is new bull market and how Atilla was wrong about SPX 850 being top. While Atilla was shorting their ass from 1500 to 670 , it wasn't looking as exciting as it is now right?

Atilla may be down for the trade at this moment but it is going to take Sheeplie more than 35 handles to get even with Atilla ....that is, about 900 SP points from 670 to 1570..... of course if I stay bearish which will not happen

Atilla wants to remind Sheeplie one thing: In the last two years Atilla made many IT trades publicly that he initially took 50 handle drawdown to book 100-300 SP points profit from each later. The question sheeplie must ask : Is this going to be different? Atilla says: Unlikely but if it is, Atilla will let sheeplie know that for the first time in this bear market, Atilla lost it.

:rolleyes:

Permabears do well in bear markets, not so well otherwise. Just like permabulls. They look like geniuses in bull markets.

The trader who can work both sides of the street is a very rare bird indeed. We got a few of them right here!

On some charts, vix kind of has that descending wedge look to it. If so, that would not be good for longs.

But it all depends on what style of trading or what time frame one is doing. We could still get a blow off to es 948.

VIX isn't showing anything good fer bears yet.....Shepport fer VIX better hold or else...

post-1110-1241565728_thumb.png

These posts are reminding me of this dimwit....

...although the guy's heart was in the right place

....still a nut case though

Hey, maybe we can coin a new term for traders that play "both sides of the street" and are only interested in making money with no allegiance to up markets or down markets

Bulls...

Bears...

...and

Crocs

croc.jpg

Here's one I haven't checked on in a few years....

The Japanese homoaners almost saw some upside movement for the first time in about 17 years, but from reading some recent articles it appears prices are tumbling yet again....

Of course, this could never happen in the USA... :unsure:

"Gurus" getting a little testy over on xtrends..... :unsure:

It's now squeamishly uncomfortable to hear about the latest proceedings over there.

For godsakes man all bears have had is one frick-frack 4% down day. One. One. One.

I leave you with How to Refer to Yourself in the First Person and other narcissistic moments from the uncyclopedia, mileage may vary.

The tendency to refer to oneself in the third person is often viewed by psychologists as a symptom of narcissism. In order to learn how to effectively refer to yourself in the third person, it is often desirable to understand the narcissist mentality, and develop an ability to "role-play" as an actual narcissist. Needless to say, the comedic potential of having this ability cannot be overestimated, but there is also danger, in that you may inadvertently develop strong narcissistic tendencies in yourself without realizing it.

uncyclopedia.wikia: HowTo:Refer_to_Yourself_in_the_Third_Person

and/or/maybe

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/HowTo:R...he_First_Person

These posts are reminding me of this dimwit....

...although the guy's heart was in the right place

....still a nut case though

Hey, maybe we can coin a new term for traders that play "both sides of the street" and are only interested in making money with no allegiance to up markets or down markets

Bulls...

Bears...

...and

Crocs

croc.jpg

That guy lived life loving what he did...how many truly get to say that?

I bet he would have traded in favor of getting killed by a stingray for punching a time clock 10 times outta 10....

Archived