Markies Closed yet?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know how far but I think I know the direction.... :rolleyes:

I'm not getting cute this time....I'll be holding...

Go get em Bung.

Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, Meditations, 200 A.D.

Roman Emperor, A.D. 161-180 (121 AD - 180 AD)

Smart stoic guy, that Marcus.

decent earnings from IBM, GOOG, AAPL, etc. are propping this thing up

how long can they hold it up though with all the layoffs and defaults?

the real economy is imploding

not that it matters

until it does

with C.D. yields so low how can reamtirees keep Spam and Alpo on the table,

without liquidating their stocks

public sector retirees have pensions,

private sector reamtirees have jobs at Wal-Mart

I saw a man at a meeting last night with a small notebook with an ATT card running Trade Station. He said it cost $300. ;)

I'm not sure what your guy was working with, but I just picked up a small laptop for about the same price ( ~$340 after tax & shipping ). Dell has them in the REFURB SALES AREA.

laptop-inspiron-10-design3.jpg

The one I have is the Mini10, works great, plenty fast enough to run some pretty big software. The only warnings I'd give so far are that the you need to look at the options menu for the touchpad, it's a bit different and takes a little getting used to. The other thing is that the video card & monitor are a little on the light side, with the 16:9 ratio on the screen, the max pixel width is 1024 resulting in a screen setting of 1024x538 if you want round things to appear round, etc.

Wireless sync to the home network was super easy, and there is another port on the side that may take a cell card, I can't find enough info to help you there, check into it if it's important to you.

THERE IS A WAY TO JOIN THE PARTY - BUT ITS NOT PRETTY

"he's pointing out the advantage public sector employees have over private sector ones; both he and I are maSSters of the obvious"

Shorty

Dont forget the PBGC - the backdoor for the private sector to get on the public pension gravy train.

Its going to be on the hook for all those GM and Chrysler retirees

1 Million at $54,000 per annum over $54 billion in payments a year from uncle sam - or should I say the from chinese treasury (after all uncle sam in merely the pro-forma middleman in this whole monetary charade). :blink: :blink:

Half of american industry will go chapter 11 to get in on the public sector party.

Archived