Markies Closed yet?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting - playing the inexorable grind lower on the leveraged ETFs I assume. I think you'll have to rebalance your holdings daily - so that you maintain 50% exposure (total dollars) to each - assuming you only want to play the grind, and you don't have direction bias on the financials.

You don't want to rebalance for some period. I think longer you hold it the more both sides deterioate.

About 1/2 hour ago they had "Mandi" Drury on C N B C with the Asia update......then they cut back to Maria B.......I almost puked up blood......

G-damn that Mandi is "smokin'"

Not sure what time it would have been in Asia/Pac but she was dressed to the nines -- goin' out on the town maybe?.....man, what a looker

Marisa who?

It is early Thursday morning. she may just be getting in.

The latest from Richard Russell on Lowery's :rolleyes:

Consider this -- On April 20, the Dow plunged 289 points along with a 170-point drop by the Transports. It was a powerful drop and it was a 90% down-day. The Lowry's figures showed how strong the April decline was. Lowry's Buying Power and Selling Pressure spread an additional 24 points apart with Selling Pressure alone up 13 points.

Then we saw yesterday's bounce with the Dow up 127 points and Transports up 95. But the Lowry's statistics showed that yesterday's advance was weak compared with the powerful decline of the day before. Yesterday's rebound closed the spread between Lowry's Buying Power Index and their Selling Pressure Index by only 5 points with the Buying Power Index higher by only 3 points.

What the Lowry's studies tells us is that selling has been far more powerful than buying. This does not bode well for new highs in the Averages. My conclusion -- traders and investors sold heavily into the market on April 20. They continued to sell into the rally of April 21.

RR

Every time we tank in the last half hour,we seem to blast off the next day.

See if they can do it again :mellow:

Dunno.

The past two weeks have been similar price patterns. Low on Tues or Wed and then blast-off. Today was an old-fashioned squeeze.

Down 4%, Up 1.5%, Down 1%, Th:?, F:?

Not looking boolish to me.

post-2160-1240437981.png

The latest from Richard Russell on Lowery's :rolleyes:

Consider this -- On April 20, the Dow plunged 289 points along with a 170-point drop by the Transports. It was a powerful drop and it was a 90% down-day. The Lowry's figures showed how strong the April decline was. Lowry's Buying Power and Selling Pressure spread an additional 24 points apart with Selling Pressure alone up 13 points.

Then we saw yesterday's bounce with the Dow up 127 points and Transports up 95. But the Lowry's statistics showed that yesterday's advance was weak compared with the powerful decline of the day before. Yesterday's rebound closed the spread between Lowry's Buying Power Index and their Selling Pressure Index by only 5 points with the Buying Power Index higher by only 3 points.

What the Lowry's studies tells us is that selling has been far more powerful than buying. This does not bode well for new highs in the Averages. My conclusion -- traders and investors sold heavily into the market on April 20. They continued to sell into the rally of April 21.

RR

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up cwd... :)

Watching NQ real closely tomorrow....we blasted above all those 200s on multiple time frames and then pulled da finga...but if they can't follow thru downside tomorrow and start trading below em, be careful on da short side...bears need to git er dun manana....

Like TJ, I too remember when the Naz led the way out in '03...I think da bears will prevail tomorrow, but I could be wrong....if they do break it tomorrow, should see 1240-50 on NQ fairly quickly....

Archived