There was no hour of power

im not far away from saying: Take that chart and throw it in the garbage can. In early Jan the "insiders" were ultra bullish, exactly at the top. So that ratio gave an ultra bad wrong signal. So what is this thing worth?

Not meant as persoanl offense. :)

foxy

Have you noticed the breakdown in the euro/yen graph? That kept me wary of the action late last week....

post-1110-1240261217_thumb.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no intraday bernce to allow trapped underwater bullz to escape

any bernces for forseeable future likely to be very brief chances to git out and limit losses

many won't make it out, like Archie Bunker and Meathead trying to get thru the door at the same time

they'll ride it down to S&P 599, feeding the margin man along the way

and now IBM tanking AH :ph34r: what a serprize <_<

I wonder if C shorted itself again today. If so they did quite well for themselves. And BAC, why would it

have to worry about bad credit if it was short itself today? No problemo.

If the banks have inside info as to when all of these prop job news items (e.g. blowout earnings due to

mark-to-make-believe accounting), and all these bomb/real news items, are coming out, they will do very well.

Since I am hoping for an economic recovery, I hope the banks weren't hurt too badly in the bank short

squeeze in the 2nd half of March--as they would have been if they were short their own stock. Perhaps

they will make it up in April, in any case. And in Jan. through mid-March, they did great shorting themselves,

as detailed in this article about C making billions doing this (specifically shorting their own credit default instruments,

betting that the risk of their default would rise), posted by Swordy on IDS this morning:

http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/citi-repo...ing/2009/04/20/

What a weirdo road to economic recovery.

Have to go back to 2007 for higher reading.

Draw a line up there, 80, 90, you pick

Greater than = selling.

Oct 07

May 08

Jan 09

I am sure baby bools expectatoring a full reverse shank of 4% up tomorrow.

IMO we sell tomorrow, Tuesday, just as hard as today. After that who knows.

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$SPX...id=p00259097270

25 to 1 down vol today? Check

Broke through last week low? Check

post-2160-1240265136.png

post-2160-1240266143.png

Google Panic of 1893, JP Morgan, August Belmont, Bonds, Gold, Treasury, and see what you come up with.......

Oh. That.

Of course. I wrote my undergraduate thesis on the Grover Cleveland administrations, and am aware of that episode.

http://projects.vassar.edu/1896/morganbonds.html

I'm pretty sure Roxy, however, originally wrote, "1985," rather than "1895," which was the source of my confusion. (Alternatively, I may have not read closely enough, in which case: my bad.)

I thought, perhaps, that there was some story out there about some bailout from the Reagan era, perhaps involving Brady bonds or some such thing, that I'd never seen before, and which Roxy was invoking.

All that historic stuff aside, any observer to the Stool who isn't impressed with what went on here the past few days is not paying sufficient attention. Unbelievable....

If we gonna get a bounce, here is most likely place...mebbe sumthin along these lines...

If we don't bounce here, could just be a 100 MPH fastball to the downside....got airgaps to about 7400 on YM if bully can't muster the troops here....

I'll probably hedge my possitions with some NQ's dong tommorow around 7:30 morning and dump it at 10-10:30 after my coffee and before my morning stool. :ph34r:

I'll see how i feel.

Doc -

OK, I hate to admit it. I haven't been listening.

I'm in Philly for three days of bullshit meetings ....

Now where, in the Central City area, if I get but one break, should I eat? I have many tastes, including cheesesteaks.

TIA - Peek

im not far away from saying: Take that chart and throw it in the garbage can. In early Jan the "insiders" were ultra bullish, exactly at the top. So that ratio gave an ultra bad wrong signal. So what is this thing worth?

Not meant as persoanl offense. :)

Thompson says 12 to 1 insider selling is BULLISH? Who the hell are they kidding?

Meanwhile Merry talks about the great whitewash.

Doc -

OK, I hate to admit it. I haven't been listening.

I'm in Philly for three days of bullshit meetings ....

Now where, in the Central City area, if I get but one break, should I eat? I have many tastes, including cheesesteaks.

TIA - Peek

Where you staying?

For breakfast, go to the Dutch Kitchen at the Reading Terminal Market, 12th and Filbert Street. Go back to the market some day at lunch and sample whatever grabs your fancy.

Cheesesteak- for the authentic experience grab a cab and go down to Pats Steaks at 9th and Wharton. For the best quality cheesesteak, and the South Street experience Jim's at 4th and South. Great Jewish Deli- the Famous Delicatessen at 4th and Bainbridge. Have breakfast there one morning if you can. It's an experience.

As far as fine dining, just about anywhere in Center City you should be able to get a meal ranging from great to sensational. there are hundreds of great restaurants, bars, and bistros. The hotel people should be able to steer you.

If you get an afternoon break take a quick trip up the Parkway to the Art Museum. The historic sites- Walk through Washington Square, around Society Hill, with a quick trip to Independence Hall. The City Hall Tower tour offers a great vista of the city. It's a phenomenal building.

Side trip in the evening to Main Street in Manayunk where there are a number of great restaurants and nice scenery. Chestnut Hill is another great neighborhood to just stroll and shop and graze. When I was there, there was no night life in Chestnut Hill. For that you go to Main Street.

It's a shame you have to work. It's a great city for touring. If you like to walk or jog, or bike, go up Kelly Drive from behind the Art Museum. And like I said, the Society Hill, Washington Square, Queen Village area, just wandering around the colonial and Federalist era streets. (On South Street, you can stop in at Plumer Real Estate and say hello to my cousin Bud Plumer, and my Aunt Dorris who still goes to work selling real estate every day at the age of 94!) If you go to Pats, walk back north on 9th Street through the Italian Market into Center City. Be sure to genuflect at the Frank Rizzo mural. Also take a walk on Green Street from 20th west to 24th, the blocks where the movie The Sixth Sense was filmed. 2001 Green is where I was born and where my grandfather and father ran the grocery store that is still there.

I know you won't have time for any of it, but for anyone who wants a really great, compact, walkable city, to relax, explore, and enjoy for a few days, Philly is the best.

Be sure to look up Jickiss when you're there. And of course, if the Phillies are home, be sure to take in a game!

When you're ready to leave you can take a train direct to your airport terminal from Center City. Takes about 15-20 minutes. It's the R1 line.

As a disclaimer, bear in mind that I have been away for 21 years, and I don't know the current hot spots at all.

Anybody know if Joe's Peking Duck is still in Chinatown and as good as it was back in the eighties?

Jickiss- give Peek some hot tips on where to hang out. :D

Meanwhile Merry talks about the great whitewash.

Merry had a little lamb

Over the fleecing investors took

from banks who like to change their books.

and everywhere Merry went

she talked about those crooks

but now we can laugh and play

and see Merry's lambskin legs.

Archived