IDS World Markets Tues 27th November 07

And lest one forget, the worst thing that bulls could hope for at tis junction is for financials to begin outperforming. Because, as history has shown us, after a massive period of underperformance vs. the broader market, the moment financials begin outperforming means the bear market has officially started.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to laugh.  I thought the AbuDhabi noize would give C a pop for a few days.

It looks like it may not make it through today.

Futures lost half of their overnight bonar and C is up less than 1%.

628005[/snapback]

The terms of the deal is insane.

11% on the money until they convert the shares. That's NUTS!!!

I sense an amazin' AMZN short squeeze dead ahead. This article talks at the end about online retailing and how it's so important, blah blah blah.

http://bigtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2007/...st-tech-stocks/

627996[/snapback]

Shortsqueeze.com is reporting that 16% of the float is short. Anybody know how accuarte or reliable the numbers reported by this site are?

I hope they do pump Amzn up again. I will be happy to reload shorts at the next top.

Nasdaq.com, Yahoo, and a number of other quote sites report short interest. Nasdaq.com has the broadest range of quote tools. Yahoo has short interest and other stats broken out in a number of ways in very nice clear tables. Click on Key Statistics on the quote page.

All of these sites get their data from Nasdaq or the NYSE. There's no magic black box out there. They are just repackaging the data they get from the exchanges.

8:45 (Dow Jones) Barry Ritholtz notes the irony in Citigroup ? dealing Abu

Dhabi convertible stock yielding 11% annually as part of a $7.5B capital

injection. "Citibank has essentially become a sub-prime borrower -- only

without the advantages of teaser rates!" he says. (JHS)

(http://bigpicture.typepad.com/)

628011[/snapback]

the deal must include a buffer for a falling dollar rising interest rates, and underperformance in stock price, if not that bank is in real trouble

I suppose the oil rich countries of the Middle East selling oil at $90+ could ultimately provide a significant source of liquidity to US markets?

628015[/snapback]

Absolutely. SWFs are being touted as the new financial Messiahs, willing to swoop in and rescue the flailing US capital markets with their seemingle endless pools of reserves.

But in my opinion, SWFs, with all their dough, are not Warren Buffet. Warren Buffet made his money by investing. SWFs did not. They just stumbled onto their dough. They know jacksheet about investing.

Archived