IDS World Markets Mon 15th September 08

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yet technical analysis doesn't work right Doc?  :lol: Would it be safe to say that today will be a bloodbath?

688513[/snapback]

Well, the open for sure. But look how the dollar has reversed. So I'll stick with what I wrote in last night's Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition market update.

Nonsubscribers- You can try it risk free for a month, with a money back guarantee if not satisfied. Click the link below to get in now.

Is the USD selective tumble against Yen a plea from the US to Japan to buy trashuries?

688520[/snapback]

Looks like traders took the opportunity to go long the dollar on the pullback to the 21 ema (EURUSD, GBPUSD daily chart). Surprising given the news background. Gold

surprising me also.

Someone help me out with this one.  Why is BAC paying $29 p/share for MER, at this point in time?  I mean, LEH is the fire sale du jour today.  Did BAC just decided tonight would be a good time to open its war-chest and swallow a borker?  If you really had your eye on MER, you wouldn't buy today unless you thought the price would be higher later, right?  Well of course that's stupid.  If you had your eye on MER you would wait until it was bargin shopping.  The price is stupid and the timing is all wrong.  What am I missing? :ph34r:

688469[/snapback]

Just one friend helping another out.

That's my guess.

been looking to dump my FBNDX (fidelity investment grade bond fund). been holding a few bits of this in my 401(k). should have sold months ago, when it was in the low 7s. . . now it's 6.93/share. i'm anticipating a fright to perceived quarity in the next few days, which should give me an opportunity to sell the stuff a few cents higher.

any thoughts on timing my exit, doc?

tanks in advance. i'm going to sleep. hope to see plenty of red when i wake up.

688508[/snapback]

We're probably gonna see spreads widen accross the board -- i.e., Treasury' will come in and corp will move out, so your selling opportunity of a few cents higher may come after things settle down which could be a week or two from now.

Personally, I wouldn't bet on it.

I don't know how much yer talking about (total investment), but I would wait until later this week and let's see what nonsense Paulson/Benspankme pull, that might firm things up fer ye.

Archived