The Post-It-Note

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Genesis Microchip and Pixelworks end merger plan

Chipmakers Genesis Microchip (NasdaqNM:GNSS - News) and Pixelworks Inc. (NasdaqNM:PXLW - News) said on Tuesday they had ended a merger agreement as it was not in the best interest of their shareholders.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030805/tech_genesi...xelworks_2.html

TOO MUCH COMPETITION FROM JAPANESE

: PXLW is better than GNSS

: under $6 seems tradable

Werd up Doc.

Lifejackets are currently available for $351....... floaty cushions for about 5 bucks.

Theoretically anyhoo ?:blink: ? :mellow:

Buckle up.

Whats your take on silver? I was surprised it didnt go up today...

C' mon Striker....If it were to go up on a day when the Equities were down and the Bonds were up, wouldn't a few heads be looking at the underlying bull market in the metals and such? Neon lites are only flashed on the crap they want to game or unload....if the run in Gold & Silver weren't real, don't you thinks the thieves at GS, MER, BS Warburg, et al would be running them up just to unload them to you at higher prices?

true. Just concerned about this gold getting taken out to stuff....

Maybe this is what companies will start to do. ?:lol:

Reds fans not buying explanation

CINCINNATI (AP) -- A two-page newspaper ad that Cincinnati Reds management took out to explain the team's upheaval is unprecedented in its scope and scale, a sports historian says.

http://www.tdn-net.com/articles/2003/08/05...ts/sports03.txt

Same story in Pittsburgh, just change the names of the players. The Buccos didn't take out an ad in the paper...yet. No one here really seems to care. I can't wait until Pittsburgh is scrounging for a AA team to come play in PNC Park, the giant tax-payer sponsored white elephant on the Allegheny.

pnc_park_lead_04.jpg

pncpark.jpg

27, I don't mean this with any disrespect or attitude but, I'm amazed the Pirates are still around.

no sh*t mousey. They are a disgrace to the heritage of this once very proud sports town. Nothing but a AA team playing a major league schedule. Luckily we have an owner from a rich family that can use the tax writeoff (I guess). Major league baseball reminds me exactly of our national financial markets. It's all about the "gang", in this case the 8 or so richest owners. Everyone else be damned.

Of course, the smalltime owners, who have the advantage of numbers, refused to stick up for themselves, so to hell with em. They must like their tax writeoffs.

mjkst27,

Sure would be nice to have some of that new stadium money to pay for your police.

Planned police layoffs still on the way

Although 150 police officers won't be laid off today as had been rumored, those layoffs are coming sooner rather than later, according to city council President Gene Ricciardi.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-re...h/s_148039.html

mjkst27,

Sure would be nice to have some of that new stadium money to pay for your police.

Planned police layoffs still on the way

Although 150 police officers won't be laid off today as had been rumored, those layoffs are coming sooner rather than later, according to city council President Gene Ricciardi.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-re...h/s_148039.html

Yup. City of Pittsburgh fighting the same budget battle as many municipalities in the US. Pittsburgh is saddled with ancient infrastructure (water systems, sewers, roads, etc.) and an aged popluation. The city's tax base has largely up and moved to the burbs. Sound familiar?

Archived