INTEL Imminent

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont know why are you so frustrated stoolies - its easy as it gets - buy on every dip, everything is fine, we are in the bull market. come jump in, we are waiting for you:D

LUKE...It's OK LUKE...

post-1110-1255470907.jpg

Some dick named Simmon "Knob Gobbler" Hobb

CNBC has him on in the afternoon.....not sure if it's permanent.....a real annoying f*ck

He was/is the morning anchor for CNBC Europe. Which, incidentally, features real dialogue & real TA, and nary a pompom in sight.

Sorta miss it.

I dont know why are you so frustrated stoolies - its easy as it gets - buy on every dip, everything is fine, we are in the bull market. come jump in, we are waiting for you:D

Bought some INTC Oct 20 calls about 20 seconds before the close.

Wondering if they gotta nuff beers to keep the party going into the am.

Off topic. This post is certainly not meant to flame or enrage people, but is a genuine query.

John Mauldin has apparently called amongst other things for a 5% cut across the board in government spending, but says that military spending should be exempt.

One thing fascinates me as a non-US citizen.

I have been roaming around the bearish message boards for around 8 years now, and find them in all respects but one to be populated by people who tend not to buy into group-think and who show a highly developed tendency to think for themselves.

However, when it comes to the US military this tendency to eschew the conventional wisdom totally vanishes. Under no circumastances must the military in general or the people who serve in it be held up to any critism. All military folk are heroes and should be worshipped as such.

Rather than comprising a heroic group of selfless wonderwomen and supermen, it seems to me that a lot of military folk are in the military so as to gain access to aspects of society (tertiary education, health care) from which they would otherwise priced out. So my cynical viewpoint is that there is a stealth draft in effect providing fodder for the elite.

Why should a reduction of 5% across the board in government related spending exclude the military?? Why are the military and the people that serve in the military regarded as being so sacrosanct? As an outsider I am totally baffled. The absolute and percentage amounts spent on military in the US are vast, and if anything the more rational call is to disproportionately cull miltary spending - so cut 10% there compared to 5% elsewhere in govt spending.

Off topic. This post is certainly not meant to flame or enrage people, but is a genuine query.

John Mauldin has apparently called amongst other things for a 5% cut across the board in government spending, but says that military spending should be exempt.

One thing fascinates me as a non-US citizen.

I have been roaming around the bearish message boards for around 8 years now, and find them in all respects but one to be populated by people who tend not to buy into group-think and who show a highly developed tendency to think for themselves.

However, when it comes to the US military this tendency to eschew the conventional wisdom totally vanishes. Under no circumastances must the military in general or the people who serve in it be held up to any critism. All military folk are heroes and should be worshipped as such.

Rather than comprising a heroic group of selfless wonderwomen and supermen, it seems to me that a lot of military folk are in the military so as to gain access to aspects of society (tertiary education, health care) from which they would otherwise priced out. So my cynical viewpoint is that there is a stealth draft in effect providing fodder for the elite.

Why should a reduction of 5% across the board in government related spending exclude the military?? Why are the military and the people that serve in the military regarded as being so sacrosanct? As an outsider I am totally baffled. The absolute and percentage amounts spent on military in the US are vast, and if anything the more rational call is to disproportionately cull miltary spending - so cut 10% there compared to 5% elsewhere in govt spending.

I guess there are numerous reasons people think this. One is that many believe we are a great nation in large measure due to our strong military e.g. in WWII. But these folks ignore subsequent wars that make a lot less sense than WWII. But then if we are strong, it is certainly not because our economy manufactures anything. Maybe it's because of our military?

BTW, when you said

"a lot of military folk are in the military so as to gain access to aspects of society (tertiary education, health care) from which they would otherwise be priced out" you left out: a job that pays well enough to cover their living expenses. One of the few jobs not outsourced to China or India.

Many folks believe there is a huge terrorist threat out there and that the answer is a military answer, not a diplomatic one. The whole political Right Wing seems to believe this and most stock market writers, including Mauldin, sound Right Wing to me, when I read their stuff. Many but not all Bears are a bit paranoid, and paranoia about terrorist threats fits into that world view quite well.

Archived