B4 The Bell, Humpday June 9

Interesting, DOD will be jamming GPS & cell phone signals this weekend in areas offshore of NC and FL. Just a test though!

N.C. Boaters Urged Not To Use GPS This Weekend

POSTED: 4:58 pm EDT June 9, 2004

PORTSMOUTH, Va. -- Boaters will be unable to rely on Global Positioning System equipment and possibly cell phones because of scheduled disruptions from Friday to Sunday that will affect mariners transiting the waters of North Carolina and parts of Florida.

GPS interference testing conducted during an exercise by the Department of Defense will make the GPS signal unreliable and may affect cell phone signals from about 50 to 60 miles off the coast of Cape Hatteras, N.C., and approximately 80 miles out between Jacksonville and Melbourne, Fla.

http://www.wral.com/news/3400765/detail.html

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting, DOD will be jamming GPS & cell phone signals this weekend in areas offshore of NC and FL. Just a test though!

PORTSMOUTH, Va. -- Boaters will be unable to rely on Global Positioning System equipment and possibly cell phones because of scheduled disruptions from Friday to Sunday that will affect mariners transiting the waters of North Carolina and parts of Florida.

GPS interference testing conducted during an exercise by the Department of Defense will make the GPS signal unreliable and may affect cell phone signals from about 50 to 60 miles off the coast of Cape Hatteras, N.C., and approximately 80 miles out between Jacksonville and Melbourne, Fla.

I guess no one will be able to use those GPS missiles this weekend.

You know those missles that fly right on the surface and never miss.

Thanks for the info

Note the rest of the article; this is not just "this weekend."

"The Coast Guard fully supports the efforts of the Department of Defense during this important exercise," said Rear Admiral Sally Brice-O'Hara, commander of the Fifth Coast Guard District. "But, we must get the word out to impacted mariners so they can take the necessary precautions to keep themselves safe during this busy boating season."

Mariners should not rely on GPS nor cell phones from June 11 to 20. Plan ahead and use VHF radios to communicate on the water. A cell phone is a good backup communications device, but out on the open water, it is no substitute for a VHF radio.

But it would be silly to think this has anything to do with those Naval exercises

scheduled during that time period.

Oh, sometimes I am just that silly!! hehehehe

Sherlock

Gonzo demonstrates Pluto as the key to all American wars.

How ironic.

Pluto.

Figures.

On a more positive note, I am prayerful, from the God is the Universe and the Universe is God, and thus both of those terms include each of us, point of view. I will be sending positivity, to the best of my ability, to Rick later this evening.

How ironic.

Pluto.

Figures.

On a more positive note, I am prayerful, from the God is the Universe and the Universe is God, and thus both of those terms include each of us, point of view. I will be sending positivity, to the best of my ability, to Rick later this evening.

Thanks, N. Ron! I empathize with your spiritual point of view.

Yesterday, the Lovely Lady Venus crossed the Sun. This rare event was

watched across the world (TV). That aspect does not bode well.

Venus won't be giving her usual loving, harmonious ways...

Lovers break up, friends will fall out, and deals will go awry.

So what has happened that we should watch?

How about a much touted UN agreement on Iraq?

Betcha dollah to a donut that deal falls apart big time!!!

The Kurds were NOT happy and they were our best friends over there.

Don't expect Sea Island G8 to produce much either. Lots of words, no carry

through. Note that many Middle East nations didn't attend.

They were highly incensed that the rich nations intended to develop policy

covering the ME nations.

Giving respect to others is needed by nations, too.

Here's the most recent link to Hoodwinked's forum where he talks about

current events based on the 3 Jun Full Moon:

http://forum.dreamexpedition.com/forum_pos...sp?TID=495&PN=1

This is a very difficult time for astrologers because nobody wants to

"see" the bad things that are coming; its even harder to report on them.

When I combine Hypertiger's analysis of the financial system with the

reports from the astrologers, its a strong picture of bad happenings.

Sherlock

Hyper - Who are they going to round up and how does that benefit them? If there is to be martial law, which is not impossible, I think it will follow repressive policies and nationwide civil disobedience. As of this date, Americans are still asleep - not planning a revolution

You are either with us or against us...

The above equation will decide who gets rounded up and or liquidated...

How ironic.

Pluto.

Figures.

Thanks, N. Ron! I empathize with your spiritual point of view.

Yesterday, the Lovely Lady Venus crossed the Sun. This rare event was

watched across the world (TV). That aspect does not bode well.

Venus won't be giving her usual loving, harmonious ways...

Lovers break up, friends will fall out, and deals will go awry.

So what has happened that we should watch?

How about a much touted UN agreement on Iraq?

Betcha dollah to a donut that deal falls apart big time!!!

The Kurds were NOT happy and they were our best friends over there.

Don't expect Sea Island G8 to produce much either. Lots of words, no carry

through. Note that many Middle East nations didn't attend.

They were highly incensed that the rich nations intended to develop policy

covering the ME nations.

Giving respect to others is needed by nations, too.

Here's the most recent link to Hoodwinked's forum where he talks about

current events based on the 3 Jun Full Moon:

http://forum.dreamexpedition.com/forum_pos...sp?TID=495&PN=1

This is a very difficult time for astrologers because nobody wants to

"see" the bad things that are coming; its even harder to report on them.

When I combine Hypertiger's analysis of the financial system with the

reports from the astrologers, its a strong picture of bad happenings.

Sherlock

Thanks for the link... I've been wondering for months & months where that hoodwink went to.

He had some interesting stuff on Bush.

Handsome looking hanging man reversal on the Spoos. First target is down around the 50-day MA at 1118. I think the 50-day holds and we bounce up for a final top in the 1150 neighborhood just in time for one of those Bradley turns coming up 5-8 trading days away.

Golly gee whiz I hope this EW count is right. Been waiting for a bear Wave 3 to begin for a loooong time...

Agree up to a point . I see a low on June 17th..yep an exact Bradley day with an actual sell off on that day.

** Options on the quarter Months (March, June, September, December) close at open on third Friday of the Month but the non quarter Months expire at close on the third Friday **

After that I think we go up into your 89th Fib day[late July] and beyond.

Along the way I see higher lows round about June21-24th, July 2nd[independence worry] and July 14thish.

After looking at the clock a few minutes ago, and noticing the time, I just had to check out the index futures quotes. Surprise! Surprise! After drifting gradually upwards all night, the spoos jumped to a new after-hours high -- at precisely 3:00 a.m. From there, another 1.20 jump in 10 minutes, which is the last quote I saw, with the delay. After being down around 1128, spoos now at 1134.60.

I haven't watched Crapvision in over a year, not even one minute of it. I can't stand it; I would get enraged and/or nauseated, usually both. If I remember correctly, slimey cretins on the CrudLow & Lamer show, either the eminent hosts or shills they would parade on stage for us groveling viewers, would enthusiastically shreik on about how "investors" are "pricing in" the "future expectations" from some piece of so-called wonderful "news" or another.

Now, a few points on the spoos might not seem like much, but under "respectable" current "market theory" a few spoos points represents a hell of a lot of expected profits spread throughout the vast majority of the overall economy.

Would somebody please explain something to me. What the hell is it about several minutes or hours after 3:00 a.m. that implies such a vast increase in future expected profits, throughout the entire American economy, relative to the several minutes or hours prior to 3:00 a.m.? I mean, dammit, it's the middle of the night in this country. It must be something, this "rational investor discounting of future expectations" seems to happen day after day, at least on most days.

Maybe CrudLow can explain it to us. Oh. Wait a minute. CrudLow may not like the 3:00 a.m. jam either; the spoos boyz at Gropex get all the good coke at this time of the day. Then again, maybe he's there with them partying down. Either way, I imagine no explanation will be forthcoming from Mr. CrudLow.

Handsome looking hanging man reversal on the Spoos.  First target is down around the 50-day MA at 1118.  I think the 50-day holds and we bounce up for a final top in the 1150 neighborhood just in time for one of those Bradley turns coming up 5-8 trading days away.

Golly gee whiz I hope this EW count is right.  Been waiting for a  bear Wave 3 to begin for a loooong time...

Agree up to a point . I see a low on June 17th..yep an exact Bradley day with an actual sell off on that day.

** Options on the quarter Months (March, June, September, December) close at open on third Friday of the Month but the non quarter Months expire at close on the third Friday **

After that I think we go up into your 89th Fib day[late July] and beyond.

Along the way I see higher lows round about June21-24th, July 2nd[independence worry] and July 14thish.

SJ,

I also think your 55th t.day[Monday] will end up being a ST Top instead of a low. Maybe even the kiss from underneath at 1150SPX.

:rolleyes: crazy I know.

well c

Interesting article -

COUP D'ETAT:

The Real Reason Tenet and Pavitt Resigned from the

CIA on June 3rd and 4th

Bush, Cheney Indictments in Plame Case Looming

Click Here

I said last week that I thought Tenet's resignation was in protest over the Plame case. I did not embellish on my thoughts because I did not want to play the Plame game.

Archived