How Many Of Ya Know About This? Is Your State One Of The 16?

"A related bill that also potentially limited the freedom of Americans, the Model State Emergency Health Powers Act (MEHPA), was passed in December 2001. This law gave state legislatures the right to vaccinate people, enforce quarantines, seize and destroy property without any compensation and ration medical supplies, food and fuel in emergency situations.

As of July 2002, 22 states have rejected or stalled the law while 16 states and the District of Columbia have passed all or parts of it. In states where the law was passed, citizens will be charged with a crime if they refuse vaccinations."

The above appeared in a story about forced immunizations under the new Homeland Security Bill

http://www.mercola.com/2002/dec/4/forced_i...munizations.htm

oh. here's more about how YOUR governor might become a mini-dictator in an article before the legislation was enacted evidently.

http://www.mercola.com/2001/dec/26/mehpa.htm

1 - You will have a mandatory vaccination or you will be charged with a crime

2 - You will get a mandatory medical exam, or you will be charged with a crime

3 - Doctors will give the exam or you will be charged with a crime

4 - Your property can be seized if there is 'REASONABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE" that it may pose a public health hazard... it can be burned or destroyed and you will NOT have recourse or compensation.

and here's more background. It's a CDC/Hillary thaaannnggg, ALLEGEDLY:

This publication is a service of the Free Congress Research and Education Foundation, Inc. (FCF) and does not necessarily reflect the views of the Free Congress Foundation nor is it an attempt to aid or hinder the passage of any bill.Nor is it an attempt to assist or defeat any candidate running for public office. Receive Free Commentaries Daily

Tell Your State Legislator To Scrutinize MEHPA

June 12, 2002

By James Frogue

This proposal, the Centers for Disease Control's Model Emergency Health Powers Act, or MEHPA, was first presented for public consumption in October 2001. Its main author was Georgetown law professor Lawrence Gostin, a leading member of Hillary Clinton's health care task force in 1993 and 1994. Much like that failed effort, this one also presents a vast government power grab. Indeed, everyone from social conservatives, to AIDS activists, to Second Amendment supporters is united in opposition. A revised and slightly toned down version appeared in December. It remains overkill.

The CDC sponsored MEHPA bill allows governors to unilaterally declare a public health emergency in their state for a full 60 days. Only after that time would even the state legislature have the power to intervene and end that state of emergency by majority vote in both chambers. This much power in the hands of one person is disturbing enough, but it gets worse when one considers the powers that go along with it.

Following the governor's declaration, non-elected state health officials assume broad powers to seize property, share your private health information, quarantine individuals suspected of being infected, ration goods and services, compel mass vaccinations, and even assume control over state and local police. In theory, even minimum wage nursing home attendants and the county dogcatcher could be empowered in this manner. The potential for blunder borne out of incompetence is enormous, not to mention the potential for willful abuse. Just how far these powers would extend deserves close scrutiny and hard questions.

http://www.freecongress.org/commentaries/020612jf.asp

HRFF is convinced the mess in his room hASS FUR years been a health hazard. Lord knows what creepy crawlies lurk in there!!!

The government, obviously? is preparing for some major health crisis, probably induced by bioweapons coinciding with major economic crisis and social unrest. Combine laws like these with the enormous expansion of Presidential emergency powers granted by Congress throughout the 1990's and late 1980's, and the latent powers of the federal govt are simply breathtaking.

Now if you will excuse HRFF, he's off to do a search of the www to see if Washington State is one of the 16.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several years ago, I encountered a doctor (forget his name now), who claimed that he worked with many State Senators. He told me that legislation was already written, just waiting to be pushed through that would make vaccines mandatory...and he said (gulph) that the vaccines themselves would be the source of disease. I hope to God he is wrong.

Dr Mercola is not at all enthused about the prospects of mass vaccination programs, to put it drily, and you can read a LOT more about that on his website. However, triggering the diseases such vaccinations are intended to thwart doesn't seem to be one of them, at least not the smallpox vaccine if HRFF is reading what he and others are saying about side effects correctly, that is. While its side effects can, and will, in some cases, be lethal and that potential is giving PAWS to those at even the highest levels of the Shrub's Admin where an intense debate over same has been raging FUR months the thing is, there are only a few vaccines out there and many more insidious potential WMD's, almost, as or maybe even more horrific than the ones now commanding attention and debate. FUR ex. there's no anthrax vaccine at all or if extant, widely available.

In a compromise, the Admin is ordering smallpox vaccinations for a limited universe of people, half a million HRFF thinks, initially, mostly military, and health care providers, and then, later, to be expanded to infrastructure types like emergency workers, cops, firemen, ambulance drivers (not CHASERS!), etc.

While The Shrub gears FUR war, steadily, his Admin seems to be engaged in whistling pASSt the graveyard on the spectre of a global smallpox epidemic, somehow wishing and hoping (see discussion of hope below) it won't occur and gingerly, timidly? and belatedly taking tentative and controversial prophylactic measures.

It's done studies of what might happen, domestically, with, say, a smallpox attack.

They're positively terrifying, per the Washington Post.

Bio terror has now been elevated deliberately by the media and Admin to such a degree of visibility it is hard to imagine that if war comes, as Bush seems HELL-bent on waging, someone, somewhere won't let Pandora out of the box she's been shut up in since oh, say, WWI. Then there may be, globally, a redux of the vignettes of the Black Death recounted in Baccacio's Decameron.

Actually, the ancient myth involves a bottle and SNOT a box, and guess what was left trapped inside?

HOPE.

You don't suppose that's why the Russians have a saying that goes: "Hope dies lASSt", now, do you?

what kind of crime? it said misdemeanor, but like the guy said, the criminalization of refusing medical treatment is tyrannical. What's next...jailing people who refuse to bathe daily, brush their teeth twice daily, and floss? Screw these bastards. The terrorists have already won. The republic is no more.

Mystery guest made a powerful statement:

what kind of crime? it said misdemeanor, but like the guy said, the criminalization of refusing medical treatment is tyrannical. What's next...jailing people who refuse to bathe daily, brush

I was talking with 2 great friends (husband and wife) last night who happen to be Jewish.

He spoke volumes about the steps the US is taking towards more govt. control and fascist like policies.

Key elements of fascism:

1. The belief that war is great for economic renewal.

2. Business and government are one.

3. Large central control of humanity by central government.

Adolf would be proud of GW's current direction if you ask me.

That sounds pretty awful, Bareister. I think the original purpose of forced vaccination was to contain epidemics, though. Awful that we're so unnerved by the present administration that we have to wonder if their real plans are to kill us, then steal or burn all of our stuff.

Most of us can recall a time when our leaders were just compromised hypocrites. Those were the days. Fills me with wistful nostalgia. Now they're scary friggin' monsters. I don't know what scares me more...being rounded up like cattle into a fema stockyard, vaccinated and God knows what else, or actually catching small pox, and then the dreaded "pizza face". And apparently it is really bad. I don't mean cheese, hold the anchovies. I mean double mozzarella, with sausage, mushrooms, AND olives! Forgive me, that was irreverant. Can't help it, gallows humour. :D

Guest sigmoidoscope

Did you ever find out which are the 16 states?

If the government decides to pre-emptively shoot me, will I still have to get the vaccination? :P

http://www.aapsonline.org/testimony/mehpajuly02.htm

States that rejected or shelved MEHPA:

Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, California, Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi, Connecticut.

States that effectively rejected MEHPA by passing alternative:

Louisiana, South Dakota, Vermont, Utah

1601 N. Tucson Blvd. Suite 9

Tucson, AZ 85716-3450

Phone: (800) 635-1196

Hotline: (800) 419-4777

Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, Inc.

A Voice for Private Physicians Since 1943

Omnia pro aegroto

Status of Emergency Powers Legislation

Andrew Schlafly - AAPS General Counsel

I have reviewed the current status of state consideration of the Clintonesque Model State Emergency Health Powers Act (MEHPA), an appropriate task for Independence Day.

7 states have passed portions of MEHPA, while more than double that have rejected it. No state has passed all, or even nearly all, of MEHPA. So we've done well in fighting it.

Surprisingly, I think the worst is Republican-controlled Florida -- where I will soon debate a public health official before a crowd of 200+ in an effort to rescind it. Here is my ranking of the 7 MEHPA states with comments, beginning with the worst:

1. Florida ? The public health department (not necessarily the elected governor) may declare a health emergency based on incidence that may result in substantial risk of harm to public health,; then the health department has the power to use law enforcement to forcibly quarantine or by "any means necessary" vaccinate, without any recognized exceptions.

2. Maryland ? The governor may declare a "catastrophic health emergency," limited to an imminent threat of extensive loss of life or of serious disability cause by exposure to a deadly agent, defined as anthrax, ebola, plague, smallpox, and other listed causes, or mustard or nerve gas, or deadly radiation, and then act on the crisis.

3. Arizona ? The governor may declare an emergency only if there is a substantial risk of a significant number of human fatalities or permanent or long-term disability, and may quarantine only if it is the least restrictive means, which expressly includes the possibility of detention in one's residence.

4. Georgia ? The governor must call a special session of the legislature to approve or reject a declaration of a public health emergency, which requires a "high probably" of harm to a "large number" of people; vaccination rules must permit "consideration of the opinion of a person's personal physician as to whether the vaccination is medically appropriate or advisable for such person"; and unless there is "an epidemic or immediate threat thereof, the vaccination requirement shall not apply to any person who objects in writing thereto on grounds that such immunization conflicts with his religious beliefs."

5. New Hampshire ? The governor may declare an emergency, which the legislature may revoke; the initial period of emergency is only 21 days; and a court order is required to quarantine.

6. Minnesota ? Sunsets in 2004; the commissioner of health must apply for a court order within 24 hours after detaining someone, and must then release the detainee if a court order is not received within 48 hours.

7. Maine ? Sunsets in 2003; the health department must prove by clear and convincing evidence at a hearing, within 48 hours of detainee someone, that the "person has been exposed to or is at significant medical risk of transmitting a communicable disease that poses a serious imminent risk to public health or safety and there are no less restrictive alternatives available to protect the public health and safety"; and the court must issue ruling in 24 hours of the hearing to release the person or detain him for a period no longer than 30 days.

..and he said (gulph) that the vaccines themselves would be the source of disease.

I'm paranoid enough to believe this is already happening. Instead of vaccinating everyone they just create a vaccine that is strong enough to spread, but not cause a serious illness. I noticed I got sick this year with what seemed to me to be a mild flu right after some coworkers got the flu vaccine.

That's pretty paranoid!!!

Why would they do THAT?

They've enough to worry about with all the madmen running around. There's even supposed to be a vaccine-proof strain in Iraq, allegedly brought by a now conveniently deceased female Russian (then Soviet) bioweapons scientist/expert.

Some are theorizing these three cruise ship outbreaks were no accident, either.

Not that the US govt is beyond or, rather, has been beyond such experiments. There are the now-notorius LSD guineau pigs and the deliberate releases of radiation from the Hanford nuclear complex here in WA state. Both were decades ago.

Maybe your co-workers were the cause of your illness but maybe it was a function of the law of unintended consequences. The one they say little about in law school. Along with Murphy's law!

The smallpox vaccine is an "old" vaccine. Newer vaccines are designed to contain only the immune-response-producing portion of the virus, thus the person is not infected with the disease, so cannot spread it. The concern with the smallpox vaccine is that it does create a mild active infection -- making it possible for vaccinated people to infect unvaccinated people, as well as possibly becoming very ill. Remember the Sabin oral polio vaccine, developed for easy administration orally instead of using a needle? The Salk vaccine (delivered by injection) is of a dead virus, so the vaccinated person is not threat to others. But the Sabin vaccine is a live, attenuated virus, so in the first few weeks after administration, the vaccinee (just made that word up) is potentially able to infect those with weakened immune systems. Other people have reactions to non-viral components of the vaccine, such as egg yolks (as in flu shots) or mercury-based preservatives.

From a public health standpoint, vaccinating everyone is a good idea, as it will halt the spread of the epidemic. If smallpox does appear, the unvaccinated people will probably become infected, and thus be vectors for further spreading the infection to other areas. Let's say an outbreak occurs in Chicago; you refuse to be vaccinated, having been exposed, and hop on a plane to L.A. You've just exposed a planeload of passengers, and they will now expose everyone they come in contact with. This is how epidemics are spread. Tell me -- can you honestly say that if you were on a bus or plane, or in an office, with someone who developed smallpox, that you still wouldn't want to be vaccinated?

I'm not defending the scary legislation, but there does need to be some way to contain an epidemic. There is plenty of precedent in the history of epidemiology -- quarantine was the ONLY way to fight many diseases. And you should take a look at the public health approach to fighting venereal diseases, when the infected person was forced to disclose all sexual contacts, who were then told they had been exposed.

I can't understand why there is not a crash program to design and manufacture a safer vaccine. Or maybe there is and there is no publicity so as not to panic us. Supposedly if you are exposed to smallpox, there is a window of about a week when you can be vaccinated and thus avoid the full-blown infection. Personally I would not want to wait until the epidemic is confirmed, possibly being one of those who provides confirmation by dying, and if they made the vaccine available I would, as they say, "consult with my health professional" and take the vaccination.

As far as flu shots, I think this year's batch is bad news. It's supposed to be an "attenuated" (weakened") virus but I know several people who have gotten sick with the flu immediately following their shot. If the virus is not attenuated, then people who have been freshly vaccinated would develop the infection. Flu is contagious BEFORE people display symptoms -- so it's perfectly reasonable to think you could get flu from someone who has received a faulty batch of virus. Or that you were exposed before they got their shots, and it really was a coincidence. After all, it is flu season.

Needless to say, I ain't gettin' no stinkin' flu shot this year. FWIW.

If you've studied the history of the flu of 1918, which killed anywhere between 20 and 100 million people (They recon 20 million in India alone), you'd finding some pretty harrowing facts. It started simultaneously in six places around the world (at a military base here in the US (hmmm). It killed far more soldiers than any guns did during WWI. The US and the rest of the world kept this quite a secret. It was hardly mentioned in any history books, and even the few that mentioned it gave no more than a simple paragraph on the subject. The US govenment handed out thousands of metals of honor with phoney stories to families of boys who died, saying they were brave in battle when the truth was, they withered away in some lousy cold medic's tent. And, of course, it conveniently eliminated a good portion of the population and made their asset disribution available. Furthermore, there was a vaccine program instituted at that time and recent private studies show that more vaccinated people died than those who were not vaccinated.

The PTB are getting us all ready for two things, WWIII and a new pandemic; that, I'm sure of.

Archived