Apple mania peters out

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OOOFAH....

Goobermint to slash pay by an avg of 90% for fraudsters who got bailout cash....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1256151723..._LEFTTopStories

Kenneth Feinberg, the Treasury Department's special master for compensation, will lower total compensation for 175 employees by an average of 50%, these people said. As expected, the biggest cut will be to salaries, which will drop 90% on average.

What qualifications do need to get to be "special master"?

Good idea!

Of course, ass expected, Government Sachs and some other powerful players who got bailout money are immune to this.

"The companies under his authority are AIG, Bank of America, Citigroup, General Motors Co., GMAC Inc., Chrysler Group LLC and Chrysler Financial."

But definitely a step in the right direction. Employees at bailed out companies should have some limits to the rewards they receive for their incompetence. Too bad he can't slash bonuses too.

Hope the government never bails out another firm ever again, using our (taxpayer) money. I hope the government gets so irritatingly involved in the affairs of bailed-out companies that no company ever asks for a bailout again. These bailouts never should have been done in the first place.

I will say again what I said several weeks ago- I only celebrate when stocks go down WITH bonds, the dollar, and treasuries, while commodities go up.

For those that didn't believe- let the celebration begin!

My perception of Mr. Widget is if the yellow oscillator has been steadily falling and if price is struggling to break to new highs then there is a way to play against the bias using the orange crossing over the blue on the chart as either brake pedals or gas pedals when both get in gear to either direction. On an intraday basis you could probably still use the Orange/Blue crossover's to trade against an upbias. I only noticed it since the 16th. Before that I was clueless. Guess it's time to really dig deep into Mr. Widget.

The more you watch Mr. Widget, the more you realize what a powerful tool he can be. Every indicator, every cycle line on that screen is there for a reason. Observe it for a while and you will figure it out.

I'm really hoping to see some "profit sharing" or "thank yous" for it after a few weeks. I have posted a link in the left column. It will be interesting to see how the traffic grows on that page and if that can develop into an indicator of some kind.

Got my eye on 1058 level on yella dawg as well....a breach could start to roll many time frames at once....

the real support is the old high of 1033 until and if that is breached, this is all background noise.

22-23 is the bradley. looking for a bounce that lasts a couple of days, sucks in the johnny come lately s. and then heads lower.

not sure that the upside is finished? after that. these are definitely interesting times.

crude back over 80

the dollar scraping the floor

gold @new highs and the stock market in vertical ascent for the last 7 months

dharma

Got this note from one of your fellow stoolies:

Lee, I know you have a ton on your plate running this site so I make this suggestion, offer this idea, present this musing....with no expectation...

I LOVED MR WIDGET GDX ON IDS-

could you do another link with GDX - intraday

The truth is, I would probably be willing to pay to see, if it gave me the results I think it would.

( based on my positive experiences with your cycle work in the past)

I actively trade GDX intra day..I would love to have another reliable set of signals to consider besides my own.

anyhoo, just a thought

So, here ya go--

Updating live during regular trading hours http://wallstreetexaminer.com/mr-widget-at...ldbugs-edition/

Radio Free Wall Street 10/21/09

Lee Adler and Russ Winter discuss why they think now’s the time for the return of the bear.

Not a subscriber? Click here to hear a free excerpt.

To subscribe and hear this podcast right now, click here!

audio_mp3_button.png Radio Free Wall Street Podcast 10/21/09 [41:32m]: Play Now | Play in Popup | Download (8)

Subscribers, click player to start.

Listen to any podcast prior to April 22, 2009. Click here for archive. Be surprised!

the real support is the old high of 1033 until and if that is breached, this is all background noise.

22-23 is the bradley. looking for a bounce that lasts a couple of days, sucks in the johnny come lately s. and then heads lower.

not sure that the upside is finished? after that. these are definitely interesting times.

crude back over 80

the dollar scraping the floor

gold @new highs and the stock market in vertical ascent for the last 7 months

dharma

Didya see GDX last hour?

And a quick 25+ bucks in gold would be a sweet ride for me....the air gap is on the charts to 1033 if 1058 falls tonight....just reporting what I see....

If that drop happens, then after that, we see....

Didya see GDX last hour?

And a quick 25+ bucks in gold would be a sweet ride for me....the air gap is on the charts to 1033 if 1058 falls tonight....just reporting what I see....

If that drop happens, then after that, we see....

Did any of you guys see this?

CNBS at its finest. From Jesse's site.

http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/search?q=

When the Financial Journalists Were Indeed 'Pimping' for Wall Street

Here is a interesting moment in US financial journalism on CNBC. It does not describe the basis of the lawsuit very well, and does become a bit surreal at times. There is a nearly priceless moment at the end when the frustrated Attorney General of California Jerry Brown asks Dennis Kneale and Michelle Caruso-Cabrera, "Are you pimping for (State Street Bank) the defendant?"

You can watch the video and assess things for yourselves.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1301828700&play=1

Archived