Valentine's Day Ultimatum

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fadix...I should have mentioned the golds are green, there's hope yet :rolleyes: Which golds are you in? I'm in an LHG call which I bought near the top of the last run *sigh*, story of my life with gold. Fortunately pog usually bails me out by going higher (eventually)..

Aussie,

took my profits on LHG at the last spike. Bought them below .80 as saw them as takeover target. Don't like their hedging position (keeps increasing).

Initially positioned in the 'big" guys as could see that the internationals were going to swallow them up. Have taken all profits on them, and have now moved further down the food chain to the more juniors.

Have positions with sovereign risk companies, as well as just specs. So far, DRD, OXR, RBK,BDG,JAK,CRS,OSH,JBM,MIM. I'm watching MAR,MMN as future silver plays as well as EMP and a few others. KZL (great inside buying now for quite a while.)

Will now start looking at support infrastructure companies, as it is getting pretty hard to find drill rigs on time now. So will be checking out drill rig companies, assay labs, earthmovers etc, but don't think I will do anything too serious about them for a few months other than observe.

Wrecked Him, seriously, washing hands regularly one of the best ways of avoiding contagion imo, especially viruses. The last time I had flu was in 1986 when Texas flu hit Aust., I was a bit run down at the time. Even the gym I go to has posters up recommending not eating or rubbing eyes before washing hands after using machines/weights. Looking at some of the guys there I'm only too happy to follow their recommendations ... could pick up anything!

Winter storm paralyzes much of East Coast

U.S. government offices, closed Monday for the Presidents Day holiday, will be shut down in the nation's capital again Tuesday because of the foot and a half of snow that blanketed the Washington area. Emergency services will be operating.

Does anyone know if this means no Fed "Feed" operations tomorrow? Or does that qualify as "Emergency services"? :blink:

Yes, how bad is it in New York? Will many traders have difficulty getting in to the city tomorrow, and if so how will that affect things? :blink:

If you want a preview of Detroit's future just drive up the Upper Ohio River Valley... through the dying towns and rusting industrial complexes. Weirton, Wheeling, Steubenville, Youngstown, etc. It's slow strangulation or death by a thousand job? cuts.

FORD is laboring under CRUSHING debt. Auto's are supposed to drive 1 out of 7 some say 1 of 5 jobs in America.

Torah, presumably you were shoveling SNOW and SNOT something else? LOLOL

good grief! "Queen For A Day"??? that DATES this participant.

all those overweight ladies from blue collar neighborhoods like Chicago's South Side with their tear-jerking stories! Then they would win prizes like a refrigerator, etc. Was Linkletter the host of that?

Oh My God- You speak ENGLISH! And quite well too. :D

Doc: I feel for you with your Dad.

I lost my Dad to Lung Cancer when I was 17.

For many years I could only remember him

- all pale, shrunken and attached to an oxygen cyclinder.

When he eventually died - I felt this sense

of relief that felt really wrong.

He was incredibly brave - never showed

any sign of fear - and his only concern was our well being.

Now when I dream of my Dad, I remember him

in his youth - and I remember all the good he did

- he was a pioneer in Cot Death research.

My admiration only grows

of his courage in his last year.

Now that I have children I understand why

all he cared about was us kids.

Nothing like a father son relationship!

Doc: I will say a prayer for your Dad.

Fadix, yeah I heard drill rigs are as scarce as hens' teeth..I'll pass on the silver stocks MAR/MMN to a friend of mine. He asked me about silver plays but I didn't have a clue being as I'm an options trader and don't follow the specs. Thanks.

Now when I dream of my Dad, I remember him

in his youth - and I remember all the good he did

- he was a pioneer in Cot Death research.

My admiration only grows

of his courage in his last year.

Nothing like a father son relationship!

Doc,

My prayers go to you and your family. G*d bless you.

My dad died of lung cancer when I was 17 too. He was a highly respected cardiovascular/thoracic surgeon (doctor's doctor) who smoked from age 12 until his death, 15 months after the diagnosis. He was the smartest person I ever knew. He did a lot of teaching and pro-bono work and it took me a long time to reconcile his dying vs. so many scumbags living. When he died, my mother found a verse that brings me comfort when I think about him ( now going on 30 years.)

Few could live with him

in usefullness of talent

And fewer still possessed a

heart more benevolent

Or disposition more social

He died in the prime of life

But lived long enough to know

How fully he had secured

The respect and esteem of all good men

Enjoy your loved ones while you and they are here, things can change in a minute.

Stoolies rule....

BW

BU

My mother died of metastatic breast cancer when I was 13. She suffered for 5 long years. Bilateral radical mastectomies, bilateral adrenalectomies, bilateral oophorectomies etc

Ditto re your post

When my father was diagnosed in October with pancreatic cancer, it changed our lives. Now every time I see him, on parting, I give him a kiss on the forehead and tell him I love him, and he tells me the same. We never did that before he got sick. This is most surely, a change for the better.

Doc; re your post of your father's illness and your interaction with him; Your heart is revealed in the way you treat your elders

Regards

WH

I don't know if you are watching but Asia is getting whacked with the exception of Ozzie land which is up a whopping 4 points. The GTN indicator is alive and well-our futures are slowly eroding away. Watch mr. Softy tomorrow the options split-followed by the stock Tuesday now the Fundies all hip deep in Softy have limits they must adhere too-the Softy split will mean that a lot have to sell Softy to stay inside their allowable percentages-what will that mean for softy? HPQ split and went down the drain-ditto ADBE and others-could it happen to Gates-BWHAHAHAHAHA! Trade Safe!

I don't know if you are watching but Asia is getting whacked with the exception of Ozzie land which is up a whopping 4 points.  The GTN indicator is alive and well-our futures are slowly eroding away.  Watch mr. Softy tomorrow the options split-followed by the stock Tuesday now the Fundies all hip deep in Softy have limits they must adhere too-the Softy split will mean that a lot have to sell Softy to stay inside their allowable percentages-what will that mean for softy? HPQ split and went down the drain-ditto ADBE and others-could it happen to Gates-BWHAHAHAHAHA!  Trade Safe!

Yeah, I saw it as I was sitting here trolling for more turds to short, laughing quitely, and wasn't going to post but I couldn't resist a reply to yours Brian. :P

WRH- earlier in the day when the subject of astrology was getting kicked around the block-someone posted "ask anyone in an Emergency room what happens on a full moon" well I have two family members in your field who concur with the poster plus our own DOC concurs-Wade in here WRH so the doubters understand-I'll provide crayons if they need them. trade safe!

Archived