A thousand points of light

LOL Hanky. :lol:

haaaaaaa........

i spoke with the lennar office tonite .i told them i have no interest unless we were talking in the mid 100''s........

he actually told me that a regional vp for lennar will contact me tomorrow and see what is possible. :o

what i shoulda told him was......

my appraiser,shorty ( of shorty's sh*tbox appraisal service ) said the home is only worth $1.50 if you throw in a new car in with it  :o .(porsche or better)...

...furthermore my financial advisor,drano,of drano and stool LLC said......shorty's estimates are 50% too high and the prices are falling faster than the dow did on friday.. :lol:

616697[/snapback]

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to remind us all of a point that's been made before by Doc, regarding RE in Seattle, or anywhere.? It doesn't matter much to many people if RE is "still rising"

if the inventory is building heavily.? So what if the average price of the few houses sold is still rising, if almost no one can sell their house.? Sure it's technically a "slow" market, not a "declining" one.? But it doesn't make much difference if buying has all but dried up and you're stuck with one or more houses.? Or if you're trying to run an RE business and your agents don't make enough to pay their own basic expenses.

616739[/snapback]

Here in Tacoma (South cheaper part of greater Seattle area). More houses for sale every week but hardly any selling.

616741[/snapback]

I was up in Longbranch last weekend for a memorial service. The roads were full of forsale signs, seems everybody wants to sell a piece of Gig Harbor these days but no buyers now. The second bridge is very nice but it still is a long hard commute to Tacoma or Seattle from what my relatives told me folks have tired of the trek and want out or bought a few years ago with the idea that land would go sky high after the bridge went in and are trying to cash in either way inventory looks like it will be years before its worked off.

616773[/snapback]

I drove the Around-Sound highway a couple weeks ago (Seattle to Port Orchard and back) and blew by the toll booth for the new bridge. No ticket in the mail yet. I've always held my breath going over the bridge. My sister and her husband live out there; he's an engineer and says the old bridge collapse remains a freshman level case study in Name 100 Things That Can Go Wrong With A Public Works Project.

Apparently Canadian civil engineers, upon certification, receive an iron ring forged from a similar bridge collapse in Canada decades ago.

The world would be a better place if everyone had to wear their mistakes.

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A large pension plan that owns shares of struggling Countrywide Financial Corp. has asked the board of the United States' largest mortgage lender to oust Chairman and CEO Angelo Mozilo.

The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, which counts 1.4 million members, made the request in a letter sent to the company's board late Thursday.

The union-affiliated pension plan also asked the company to name two independent directors to the board and replace its executive compensation committee with people who have not played a role in the committee's actions, the Los Angeles Times reported.

"Adding new independent directors is a way for stockholders to change an atmosphere that allows a dominant dual-role chairman and CEO to operate without appropriate checks and balances," Gerald W. McEntee, president of the union and chairman of its pension plan, wrote.

Full article

DONG YM for a scalp long at 13453.  STOP IF we take out 13431.

616780[/snapback]

I agree. I'm adding here as well.

616783[/snapback]

Well, good luck. Looking at the chart, you'd think this is support alright. But I was just thinking about something Doc said about supports not working in a bear market. I me own self, have been expecting a small bodied positive doji, then another big red one. Go PTR, down the elevator to the first floor please. :lol:

http://charts3.barchart.com/custom/stocks/5217.gif

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A large pension plan that owns shares of struggling Countrywide Financial Corp. has asked the board of the United States' largest mortgage lender to oust Chairman and CEO Angelo Mozilo.

The American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, which counts 1.4 million members, made the request in a letter sent to the company's board late Thursday.

The union-affiliated pension plan also asked the company to name two independent directors to the board and replace its executive compensation committee with people who have not played a role in the committee's actions, the Los Angeles Times reported.

"Adding new independent directors is a way for stockholders to change an atmosphere that allows a dominant dual-role chairman and CEO to operate without appropriate checks and balances," Gerald W. McEntee, president of the union and chairman of its pension plan, wrote.

Full article

616785[/snapback]

Ummm... a little late, aren't they?

Smells like they're in CYA mode themselves.....

Hang Seng down 1107, 3.76%

Hey Madness, how ya think them PTR puts are gonna do? :D

Congrats.

616782[/snapback]

Was up about 40% on it but as of now i'm not liking action.

It's up with Hang Seng down BIG! :angry:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=0857.HK&t=5d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

616784[/snapback]

They're running it with the same news over and over again!

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews...20071021?rpc=44

DONG YM for a scalp long at 13453.  STOP IF we take out 13431.

616780[/snapback]

I agree. I'm adding here as well.

616783[/snapback]

Well, good luck. Looking at the chart, you'd think this is support alright. But I was just thinking about something Doc said about supports not working in a bear market. I me own self, have been expecting a small bodied positive doji, then another big red one. Go PTR, down the elevator to the first floor please. :lol:

http://charts3.barchart.com/custom/stocks/5217.gif

616787[/snapback]

I'm thinking they'll run this up when Europe opens.

Archived