B$ The Bell, Friday, February 13

The Halliburton thing has more than an aroma to it-first WHAT is an oil services Company doing providing a catering service?? That is like a plumber doing Brain Surgery. The overcharge on the meals is in excess of 45,000 more than a counting mistake wouldn't you say. Then they were marking up the gas from Kuwait to the Military and ripping them off. Yet no one, no one says anything?? other than of course to obliquely mention that Big Swinging Dick used to run the Company. Have Shrub and crew got the media scared or are the media just that damn DUMB???? ;)

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which Side?

Cell jammers declare war with signal

By DAVID HO

Cox News Service

NEW YORK ? A cafe customer fed up with cell phone chatter sits in a bubble of blissful silence as nearby patrons puzzle over dead handsets.

A man tries to take a secret snapshot with his camera phone, but gets only a blank screen.

A priest imbues his church with a new energy ? the electromagnetic kind ? to keep his sermons serene and free from beeps, chirps and rockin' ring tones.

These are glimpses at a war of gadgets quietly playing out around the world.

As millions embrace the freedoms of mobile communications, some people and companies are pushing back against the tide. They are fighting technology with technology, using detectors, jammers and other gizmos to defend privacy, security and sometimes sanity.

Jamming cell phones is illegal in the United States, but with pocket-sized jammers sold online by foreign companies and even on eBay, and the military and government already using such devices, the wireless fight is already here.

"It's like the battle between the radar detector and radar guns. It keeps on escalating," said Jeff Kagan, an independent telecommunications anal cyst based in Atlanta. He said the need for such devices is prompted by the "double-edged sword of technology."

I'm no Luddite -- but the childlike faith people place in technology frightens me, speaking as a Computer consultant for 25 years. And I'm fed up with people yak-yak-yaking on their in buses, bars, and planes around me, broadcasting the inane details of their fruitless, sheeplic, meaningless, consumer-driven lives.

</RANT>

Icky,

This might help..

http://www.globalgadgetuk.com/

The Halliburton thing has more than an aroma to it-first WHAT is an oil services Company doing providing a catering service??  That is like a plumber doing Brain Surgery.  The overcharge on the meals is in excess of 45,000 more than a counting mistake wouldn't you say.  Then they were marking up the gas from Kuwait to the Military and ripping them off.  Yet no one, no one says anything?? other than of course to obliquely mention that Big Swinging Dick used to run the Company.  Have Shrub and crew got the media scared or are the media just that damn DUMB???? ;)

B4:

I can certainly see Dick telling HAL to ramp up a "troop support division" to be prepared to support a war not long after he was elected "just in case we happen to invade Iraq for their oil."

It would be interesting to know which came first, the new division of Haliburton capable of supporting U.S. combat troops, or the decision to go to war.

Also:

Prechter seems to think the market is topping now, and the dollar is bottoming now...and once the market begins to decline, we will head into deflation, which would lead to a weaker market, lower gold prices and a stronger dollar.

You would have to say that the dollar chart sure looks like a double bottom, and the S&P chart sure does look like it could be a double top. If these prove to be true, does gold actually go lower in a deflationary environment?

http://www.weedenco.com/welling/liframe.htm

The Halliburton thing has more than an aroma to it-first WHAT is an oil services Company doing providing a catering service??? That is like a plumber doing Brain Surgery.? The overcharge on the meals is in excess of 45,000 more than a counting mistake wouldn't you say.? Then they were marking up the gas from Kuwait to the Military and ripping them off.? Yet no one, no one says anything?? other than of course to obliquely mention that Big Swinging Dick used to run the Company.? Have Shrub and crew got the media scared or are the media just that damn DUMB???? ;)

B4:

I can certainly see Dick telling HAL to ramp up a "troop support division" to be prepared to support a war not long after he was elected "just in case we happen to invade Iraq for their oil."

It would be interesting to know which came first, the new division of Haliburton capable of supporting U.S. combat troops, or the decision to go to war.

Also:

Prechter seems to think the market is topping now, and the dollar is bottoming now...and once the market begins to decline, we will head into deflation, which would lead to a weaker market, lower gold prices and a stronger dollar.

You would have to say that the dollar chart sure looks like a double bottom, and the S&P chart sure does look like it could be a double top. If these prove to be true, does gold actually go lower in a deflationary environment?

Since the money supply is composed totally of debt...Money is debt and debt is money...

Debt inflation leads to price inflation since borrowed money is created out of thin air debt with compound interest attached by commercial banks at the request of the consumer or consumers...

Monetary inflation is caused by consumers borrowing...including Government...

Consumers account for almost 70% of debt inflation...

The required amount of debt inflation is needed to overpower debt deflation...

All that the Federal reserve and government can do is create the conditions which encourage debt inflation...

No one can actually be forced to consume debt...Once consumers have consumed the maximum amount of debt then their debt consumption in the required amounts to overpower debt deflation will slow then stop...

If Interest rates and regulations cant be lowered enough to light the fuse of debt inflation then the debt deflationary potential which has been building for 45+ years will flood out and overwhelm the system and be totally unstoppable...

A Hyperdeflationary implosion of debt...

An event that basically everyone currently thinks is impossible but in reality gets more probable the longer the system operates...

Fractional reserve systems fueled by debt inflation only grow weaker the longer they ar in operation...They can only inflate debt to it's maximum potential then implode...

Yes, Butterfield8, Lou Dobbs has become much stronger in his views lately.

Tonight, his disgust over job-outsourcing is highly evident.

Today, Bush talked of the good mood in the country, that we are doing well, taxes have been cut, and jobs are on the way... yadda yadda

But he didn't mention outsourcing.

In response to a comment that the outsourcing might be good for the stock market but not for the country's economy..which are two different things, Dobbs replied that he remains unconvinced that its even good for the corporations/stock market.

It is refreshing to hear a commentator that doesn't try to appease everybody.

I am growing tired of middle-of-the-road meaningless discussions on TV that arouse emotional responses in the viewer but provide no basis for exploring the issues.

Sherlock

A guy is driving down the road with 20 penguins in the back seat-he is stopped by Police-the officer says look you can't drive around with Penguins in the back seat-take them to the Zoo-the guy says OK. The next day the same Officer notices the guy driving down the same road with the 20 Penguins in the back seat and again pulls him over-Look Mac didn't I tell you to take them to the Zoo-the guy says I did today I'm taking them to the movies. :P :D :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"catch222222222222222222                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          What is perfectly clear from simple arithmetic is that without a sudden increase in the number of jobs and the wages they pay, individual debt can not be serviced by personal income. Worse yet, not only are people not saving, but their financial reserves are not in real cash. The only thing keeping the ?national ponzi scheme? going is the illusion of wealth created by the Federal Reserve?s low interest rates and liquidity that has allowed stock market valuations and housing prices to artificially inflate."

The Federal Reserve will ?print money like crazy? to fight asset deflation and encourage inflation. Sometime before or after the Presidential election, the financial markets will be interesting, but painful to many.

The continuing the stagnation in the money supply while the economy is "growing" has much to do with the depletion of savings and spending exceeding income. The Fed will panic when it realizes the money supply is a drag on economic growth. There are no income tax increases scheduled in 2004, but some built in ones take effect in 2005 and more important increases take effect in 2006. Look for Congress to start debating further 2005 tax cuts - perhaps not until after the election.

The Halliburton thing has more than an aroma to it-first WHAT is an oil services Company doing providing a catering service??? That is like a plumber doing Brain Surgery.? The overcharge on the meals is in excess of 45,000 more than a counting mistake wouldn't you say.? Then they were marking up the gas from Kuwait to the Military and ripping them off.? Yet no one, no one says anything?? other than of course to obliquely mention that Big Swinging Dick used to run the Company.? Have Shrub and crew got the media scared or are the media just that damn DUMB???? ;)

B4:

Also:

Yes but at a slower rate then everything else.

Yes, Butterfield8, Lou Dobbs has become much stronger in his views lately.

Tonight, his disgust over job-outsourcing is highly evident.

Today, Bush talked of the good mood in the country, that we are doing well, taxes have been cut, and jobs are on the way... yadda yadda

But he didn't mention outsourcing.

In response to a comment that the outsourcing might be good for the stock market but not for the country's economy..which are two different things, Dobbs replied that he remains unconvinced that its even good for the corporations/stock market.

It is refreshing to hear a commentator that doesn't try to appease everybody.

I am growing tired of middle-of-the-road meaningless discussions on TV that arouse emotional responses in the viewer but provide no basis for exploring the issues.

Sherlock

In the segment featuring Bush at a stage-managed appearance before small business owners in Florida (who were purportedly optimistic about business), Bush said:

"I know you might think these optimistic business owners were hand picked to be here today, BUT THE TRUTH IS people across this country are feeling more optimistic about this economy."

Whenever I hear somebody start a sentence with "BUT THE TRUTH IS", I know I'm being sold.

I'd like to see the $ gain a little more to 86 or so before I'd say a double bottom on the $ has formed, but since I'm not trading the $ I don't think it will matter to gold unless we see a prolonged $ rise.

Also note that February 17 is a big bond interest payable date and that much interest may leave the US on that date.

One Price Clothing Stores Announces Layoffs and Plans Designed to Maximize Estate Following Bankruptcy Filing

Monday February 16, 4:38 pm ET

DUNCAN, S.C., Feb. 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- One Price Clothing Stores, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: ONPR - News), today announced that, subject to final approval of the Bankruptcy Court, it will be proceeding to sell assets in order to maximize the return to its stakeholders and that, as part of the bankruptcy, it had been forced to lay off approximately 200 people at its Home Office and Distribution Center in Duncan, South Carolina last Friday.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040216/clm045_1.html

Todays Financial Post has a front page story on what is happening in India some snippets "550 Million of its one Billion population are under the age of 25 the largest young population in the world embarking on a consumption cycle." "India produces two Million University graduates a year and a 120 Million people speak fluent English" "There"s an attractive pool of talented people, if a Company needs to hire 10,000 people in one fell swoop, fluent in English who are University grads India is the only English speaking place where they could do that." "Average p/e on Indian stocks 18"- We are really fooked-are we not??? ^_^

Archived