Grace

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GDP 7.2; jobless steady. Gld up 4$. Something has to give. Check bonds...

What 'gives' is going to be gold.

And, of course silver becasue, as logic would suggest, a strong economy would be bad for a metal that is primarily used for industrial purposes.

Actually, the silver slam tells me that this economic 'expansion' is crap and someone is still battling the money metals for the threat they represent to the bank product.

Well it looks like my GDP prediction isn't even in the right ballpark - but note the following:

Hmm... GDP figures include an estimate that computer sales advanced at a 94% annual rate in the third quarter., and motor vehicles 42%. No its not 9.4 and 4.2 but 94 and 42 respectively.

If any one on this baord board thinks those numbers are correct, please comment.

GDP Figures (click link)

HUI Long Running!

Outruns Field

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should read the Golden Stool! A daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get your daily release of the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

From the BEA GDP report:

The price index for gross domestic purchases, which measures prices paid by U.S. residents, increased 1.9 percent in the third quarter

:o :blink: :blink: :blink:

Uhhhh. That annualizes to, let me get out the calculator and check here, um, ...

... 7.6 freaking percent!!!!!

Sweet mother of god, I'm glad I am not long bonds right now.

I'll hang onto the gold too, thank you very much.

I laugh when I think of the FEEDs statements about the worries of disinflation.

Anyone who is buying their jawboning about disinflation is a complete maroon.

Archived