B$ The Bell, Moonday, March 15

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bearvest if you are short yours and mine favorite airline stock you are buying the beer! ;)

Brian-- Shorted CAL at $15.65 Feb 2. Covered at $14.35 Feb 5.

Never re-entered.

But I still owe you a beer. That was a great call of yours then and now.

Many thanks.

B.T.W. I keep Granville OBV charts on the 30 DOW components, the 20 SMH components and the 15 HUI components.

The DOW and SMH are flashing classic buy signals. We could be due

for a bounce. Intermediate signals are quite bearish, however.

2 Banks to Pay $675 Million In Mutual Fund Abuse Probe

By Brooke A. Masters

Washington Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, March 16, 2004; Page A01

NEW YORK, March 15 -- Bank of America Corp. and FleetBoston Financial Corp. have agreed to pay $515 million in cash and to discount mutual fund fees charged to investors by $160 million over five years in the largest settlement yet in the scandal that has shaken the fund industry.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Mar15.html

Robert the Bruce - Some quick advice:-

1) Get to know Elliott wave theory and terminology. It will help you understand what Wave C of 4 of 1 all means !!!! Many analysists use it.

PS: Don't listen to Robert Prechter of EWI. He is a quack that can't predict the past. He will bullshit you with smoke and mirrors linking crud like fashions, pop stars or sollar spots to markets. There are better Ewaver's than him even though he makes out he re-invented it.

2) Read up on Hurst which is what Doc talks about. Basically says that markets moves in re-occuring cycles of different frequencies and amplitudes. The summation of them all will compound or dampen overall market direction. My engineering assessment is that they interlink with Elliott wave observations.

Learn how to ignore news. It does not really cause market move as much as they say. News only moves markets when it is looking for an excuse.

3) Get to know ideas behind the fibanaci numbers. They are uncanny in how they cause trend reversals esoecailly on the Nasdaq. In some ways they seem to be self fulflilling prophesies.

4) Pay for the anals. Worth their weight in soon to appreciate, gold.

Don't want to send you too far off site but:-

5) Ike's site marketviews.tv is worth listening to and paying for. ($80 PA)

6) Stockcharts.com also has some good free discussions.

...EDS is also dealing with a government investigation into

its accounting.

The SEC began informally probing EDS in October 2002 over

its hedging strategy. Regulators upgraded the probe to a formal

investigation in January 2003, and it was later expanded to

include how the company recognized a $334 million loss on a

Navy contract, in a deal valued at about $6 billion.

The company's ratings are on watch for possible downgrade

by Moody's Investors Service, Standard & Poor's, and Fitch,

each of the ratings agencies said last month.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/bonds/newswi...rtr1299733.html

Robert the Bruce - Some quick advice:-

1) Get to know Elliott wave theory and terminology. It will help you understand what Wave C of 4 of 1 all means !!!! Many analysists use it.

PS: Don't listen to Robert Prechter of EWI. He is a quack that can't predict the past. He will bullshit you with smoke and mirrors linking crud like fashions, pop stars or sollar spots to markets. There are better Ewaver's than him even though he makes out he re-invented it.

2) Read up on Hurst which is what Doc talks about. Basically says that markets moves in re-occuring cycles of different frequencies and amplitudes. The summation of them all with compound or dampen overall market direction. My engineering assessment is that they interlink with Elliott wave observations.

Learn how to ignore news. It does not really cause market move as much as they say. News only moves markets when it is looking for an excuse.

3) Get to know ideas behind the fibanaci numbers. They are uncanny in how they cause trend reversals esoecailly on the Nasdaq. In some ways they seem to be self fulflilling prophesies.

4) Pay for the anals. Worth their weight in soon to appreciate, gold.

Don't want to send you too far off site but:-

5) Ike's site marketviews.tv is worth listening to and paying for. ($80 PA)

6) Stockcharts.com also has some good free discussions.

All good advice. Especially Fibonocci knowledge.

So Iike I'm logging in as I usually do every 3 months and I can't find anybody, well anybody that counts B)

So, I ask the venerable Madame and she informs me that the party has moved over here. So I got a refill on my Glenfiddich and headed on over.

FWIW, tomorrow is 360 degrees from the March 12, 2003 low on the square of nine. Something to be aware of although not to trade on specifically.

I closed all my shorts today( based on my system rather than on the above) and took a small dong.

So Iike I'm logging in as I usually do every 3 months and I can't find anybody, well anybody that counts B)

So, I ask the venerable Madame and she informs me that the party has moved over here. So I got a refill on my Glenfiddich and headed on over.

FWIW, tomorrow is 360 degrees from the March 12, 2003 low on the square of nine. Something to be aware of although not to trade on specifically.

I closed all my shorts today( based on my system rather than on the above) and took a small dong.

Wrecked,

How the hell are ya? :)

Tomlinson has a natural time low at tomorrow close/ first hour Wed. However a high is due March 24th +-.

SureWest Delays '03 Filing On Probe, Sees Lower Yr Net

ROSEVILLE, Calif. (Dow Jones)--SureWest Communications (NasdaqNM:SURW - News) delayed filing its annual report because of issues related to its ongoing probe into a former employee's alleged scheme to transfer company funds to outside accounts.

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/040315/1715000900_1.html

TE

I'm good although work has been busy. Saw 40 new consults today, hence the reason for the second scotch. :rolleyes:

I am also eying the end of the month. On my Gann angle charts I have a time price relationship originating from the October 10, 2002 low. I treat those squares with the utmost of respect. The squares from the March 2000 high and the July 2002 low have been bang on.

=DJ UPDATE: Japan Tanigaki: No Change To Intervention Policy

By Miyako Takebe

Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Japanese Finance Minister Sadakazu Tanigaki Tuesday held firm his resolve to intervene in currency markets despite a media report that Japan is looking for a way to end its massive yen-selling campaign.

Tanigaki said Japan's policy on foreign exchange hasn't changed and it will intervene whenever the yen moves out of line with economic fundamentals.

"I won't comment on daily foreign exchange levels, but our stance remains unchanged," Sadakazu Tanigaki told reporters. "We believe foreign exchange rates should move stably in reflection of (economic) fundamentals."

Dow Jones Newswires

DJ War Games By US, S Korea Dangerous Provocation - North

SEOUL (AP)--The USS Kitty Hawk aircraft carrier sailed to South Korea for annual joint military exercises that start Sunday, drawing condemnation from North Korea that Washington is trying to provoke tension amid the crisis over Pyongyang's nuclear weapons program.

A U.S. military spokeswoman said Tuesday the war games involving 8,500 American troops and an undisclosed number of South Koreans are "defense-oriented and designed to ensure readiness and the ability to defend the Republic of Korea against external aggression."

Dow Jones Newswire

Archived