B4 The Bell Thursday September 9

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bullseatshitndie

i think that garbage in the futures this morning was more or less related the index rollover this morning. can now return to the program of down todayh

I had planned to go for a reload on the metals tomorrow but have become so gloomy on everything will wait until after Nov 2

If the metals make a move to the upside the dollar must decline. I just cant see power allowing that before the big day.

Too much at stake.

The plan now is to stand aside on everything until the fix is completed.

Nokias rescue on the Naz this morning and the dollar lies has added to my paranoid outlook.

Now watch the market, dollar and bond tank as the metals go into orbit!

Here's an old piece by Peter Warburton-"Debt and Delusion" explaining what the mad bankers are up to:

What we see at present is a battle between the central banks and the collapse of the financial system fought on two fronts. On one front, the central banks preside over the creation of additional liquidity for the financial system in order to hold back the tide of debt defaults that would otherwise occur. On the other, they incite investment banks and other willing parties to bet against a rise in the prices of gold, oil, base metals, soft commodities or anything else that might be deemed an indicator of inherent value. Their objective is to deprive the independent observer of any reliable benchmark against which to measure the eroding value, not only of the US dollar, but of all fiat currencies. Equally, their actions seek to deny the investor the opportunity to hedge against the fragility of the financial system by switching into a freely traded market for non-financial assets.

http://64.29.208.119/archive_comm_article....ontent_idx=8763

Kulicke & Soffa (KLIC) sells consumables to the semiconductor industries. In their quarterly update yesterday they basically said the semiconductor cycle has ended and a downturn has started. They further opined that they have no idea why the cycle is ending so early and it has taken them completely by suprise.

imho most tech companies have no idea of the current economic environment. They use historical data to forecast future demand so by definition cannot fathom how to manage in a post bubble environment.

It's worth a listen:

http://www.kns.com/Templates/ShowPage.asp?TMID=160&FID=113

I read in Bloomberg this morning that SNP is going to change its index calculation around the 20th September to only include weighting by shares in general circulation. Companies such as Walmart where the family owns 40% of the shares will be affected in that their weight in the index will be significantly reduced.

Sorry - but can't find the article now even with a google search. Might be they pulled it.

Archived