Happy Holiday Weak End Bears

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Certainly crime is on the rise. Below is a neighborhood crime report circulated to residents via e-mail. Also, there was a story recently on the local news about security companies (ADT or Brinks) not monitoring their alarm systems. You pay your monthly service fee but the monitoring service never calls after a break-in and all your stuff is long gone - buyer beware.

On July 23 at 1:40 a.m., our neighbor observed two white males (both appear to be in their early 20’s) coming toward our cul-de-sac. Initially, he thought they might be delivering papers. These two men were going from one side of the street to the other working their way towards our cul-de-sac. As they got closer, within a few houses, he noticed they were wearing gloves and looking into cars parked in driveways.

My neighbor got his handgun and stepped outside to confront the men. Just about that time, we were awakened by our dog that had spotted the men in the front of our house. At this time, suspect #1 (medium build, 5’10” – 6’0”, blond spiked hair) had gone back to their blue pickup truck that had been parked in the cul-de-sac. Suspect #2 (thin build, 5’10” – 6’0”, curly brown hair) was peering into our SUV. The neighbor confronted suspect #2 at our SUV and yelled at him to leave the property. Suspect #2 held his hands up and walked through the cul-de-sac back to the blue pick up truck to join suspect #1.

Bold and brazen, suspect #1 then held his hands out to his side and started walking straight toward my neighbor despite the gun. Suspect #1 said “You want to shoot me…go ahead”. My neighbor warned him that if he stepped onto his property he would do just that. Suspect #1 turned his back, calmly walked towards his truck, got in and drove away at a slow to average speed. The actions of suspect #1 are clearly a sign that he is very bold and could be a potential danger.

The blue truck fits the exact description of the truck reported in the E-Mail blast from July 15th. It appears these are repeat offenders in our area and have been coming in during the middle of the week in the early morning hours.

Police response time was absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable:

Sounds like one of those areas where criminals have more rights then victums.

Sounds like one of those areas where criminals have more rights then victums.

Grand jury outcomes have been very favorable to the homeowner on home invasion shootings.

Increasing number of people receive concealed handgun license

October 19, 2009

The Courier of Montgomery County

Lucretia Cardenas

The demand for concealed handgun licenses is on the upswing, and a local police department is meeting the need to teach people how to exercise their right responsibly.

The trend is widespread across Texas, and most people are attributing the increase to the presidential election of Barack Obama because people started fearing their right to bear arms may be limited under the new administration.

Beginning in December 2008, the Texas Department of Public Safety started receiving an unprecedented number of applications of concealed handgun permits, said Tom Vinger, assistant chief of DPS media relations. During the first six months of 2009, DPS received an average of 12,700 applications per month, which is 46 percent more than the average for the first six months of 2008, which was 8,700.

I am calling these moron douche bags and cancelling my subscription. This kind of sh*t pisses me off! Am I reading this article wrong?

The first and last paragraphs floored me. WSJ - Star Spangled Bargains

EDIT: I just sent the e-mail cancelling my subscription! I will not support this BS! Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh :angry2:

wsjshoppers.jpg

Welcome to Murdoch World

This is not directed at you but, last time I checked I was not paying (now $155/yr) for a MAD magazine subscription. Yes, they raised my subscription fees the last several years - originally started out @ $99/yr, then $125/yr and now $155/yr. Screw them!

WSJ can do a lot more good by not perpetuating such BS and offer solid advice and fact based journalism.

Rupert does not care about solid advice and fact based journalism. His goal is to rule the world through the principles of Joseph Goebbels.

I love that 'ol Harvey Levin and the TMZ.com gang

They are the only ones that do this crap justice

Kinda like, CapitalStool is to Main Street Financial Media as TMZ.com is to Main Street Celebrity Media

During the phone conversation on Friday, Tiger told his friend, "I have to run to Zales to get a 'Kobe Special.'" The person on the other end of the phone asked Tiger what a "Kobe Special" was. The reply -- "A house on a finger."

Full Poop

Tenacious. WTF are you doing in quoting from Rick Perry's website. !

Grand jury outcomes have been very favorable to the homeowner on home invasion shootings.

Increasing number of people receive concealed handgun license

On subject of crime, a company I uhm know of, is doing very well in it's Video processing semiconductors. It has face recognition capabilities build in.

Sneakin’ Out The Back, Doh! Professional Edition Fed Report

November 29, 2009 By Lee Adler FCBs appeared to show up at the auctions this week, but they were apparently selling paper in the market even faster. This looks to me like an attempt to hoodwink the market by boosting the indirect bid, which all the media outlets are now following and reporting religiously, while quietly sneaking out the back door. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Police response time was absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable:

Less police, less vehicles, less training, etc., all adds up to less protection at a time when crime is increasing. It's going to get worse. :ninja:

To an extent there was a rush to buy guns when Obama got elected. When I ask a dealer about business today, much of the handgund sales are being driven by the economy and personal safety concerns. The increase in state firearm permits and concealed carry permits reflects this.

"Naperville is not unique. A poll of 200 departments during the summer by the Police Executive Research Forum, which studies law enforcement trends, reported 39 percent of respondents said their operating budgets were cut because of the economy and 43 percent said the faltering economy had affected their ability to deliver services."

"We have been asked to look at what we would do if we were asked to cut up to 15 percent. And if we do that that will get into sworn personnel," Phoenix's Harris says, referring to officer positions. He said he fears that could mean up to 250 jobs.

"David Rohrer, police chief in Fairfax County, has cut anti-gang operations, education initiatives and DUI enforcement -- and has been told to prepare for the possibility of layoffs of about 280 officers."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/23/police.economy/

"The situation got so bad this month that the bank repossessed five of his seven cruisers. Four of them sit in the bank parking lot now, shorn of their emergency lights, antennas and seals. In addition to losing his cruisers, the sheriff lost three-fourths of his staff, most of them deputies,

to budget cuts. At its peak, the staff had 29 full and part timers. Now there are five."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/09/28/...in5347697.shtml

Awesome! A whole 1/2% better than last year.

Nov. 29 (Bloomberg) -- Black Friday sales advanced 0.5 percent from a year earlier as discounts on televisions, toys and computers drew budget-conscious crowds across the U.S., according to ShopperTrak RCT Corp.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...MWzDI&pos=2

Archived