Glossary Part 3

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey no-one answered my question re Humvee parking tickets. Was I being just toooo embarrassingly ignorant? Anyway I asked a (male) friend who gave me the rundown on Humvees. I now know everything I didn't want to know :D

Man I'm glad I don't live on the east coast.

It will weaken over land, and the course may change but it looks bad right now.

It just struck me that Isabel's path is very similar to the area affected by last month's blackout.

Though we're near Detroit, we still usually manage to catch quite a bit of really unpleasant weather from hurricanes and tornadoes that hit the East Coast.

Washed away our breakwall, one year.

I can't help wondering if this won't give Greenspan another good reason to feed the system another big chunk of change.

looks like Big 3/UAW to announce settlement in midnight press conference tonight. I expect markets to bum rush on the news tomorrow. Why not?

Not an outcome I'd be willing to bet on! With business in the doldrums, I'd expect plant closings and givebacks to be an agenda the companies will be willing to fight for. With vehicles piling up on the lots, a strike could be just what the doctor ordered.

Bot me some Blue Rhino on Friday. Earnings release Tuesday AM. Broke out of triangle. They sell propane exchange tanks and appliances. Since I grill with gas and not charcoal (heat is heat) and since I've been seeing more and more of these propane mosquito vacuums, I like the company long term. It might also be depression proof since I can picture the new hoards of displaced "Grapes of Wrath" folks cooking around the travel trailers with propane stoves and grills.

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site....rino&script=100

post-7-1063593771.png

As far Isabel goes Up here on the South Shore of Massmanueratusetts, we are sharping our chain saw blades, starting up the generators, getting a few battries, getting the boats out of the water...and staying glued to the weather channel.

How about taking a look at a chart on what the Nikkie did after the Kobe earthquake on Jan 17 1995...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^N225&t=my

Doc made an interesting point when he said earlier...

"No one can predict what the economic consequences will be. But there's going to be awsome destruction if this thing doesn't weaken."

Obviously a hurricane is a natural event where there is a heck of a lot more time for preparedness and therefore the shcok to the "system" is more easily absorbed, nontheless the economic destruction and cost can never be predicidted, and although many people like to compare the Nikkei 225 to the nasdaq, how about taking a look at it compared to the SP 500 , at leat for the standpoint of the two beautifull, text book, head and shoulders patterns on both markets..here is the Sp500 http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quickchar...me=13&x=29&y=10

Madame WH,

It is virtually "dollar for dollar". In the event of higher prices, you sell at a "low" and buy at a "low"...In the event of lower prices, you Buy at a "high" and sell at a "high"....purely a percentagewise guess....few, if any, time the markets....for those that do, most likely luck...ask PeeBrain on this...he's quite good here...Me, I sell Cash Flow...not necessarily "Value"....BTW, I've never said "Thank You" for your input....your wisdom is vast...

Bot me some Blue Rhino on Friday. Earnings release Tuesday AM. Broke out of triangle. They sell propane exchange tanks and appliances. Since I grill with gas and not charcoal (heat is heat) and since I've been seeing more and more of these propane mosquito vacuums, I like the company long term. It might also be depression proof since I can picture the new hoards of displaced "Grapes of Wrath" folks cooking around the travel trailers with propane stoves and grills.

Nice charting bro. From that small sample it looks like you've isolated an important cycle. Try running that chart with an ROC (55). :)

co-WRECKED Stoolie, as to where locus of mortality intensity wuz, but methinx the year is wrong.

SNOT sure, however.

In the Keys Flagler dispatched a train to "rescue" the inhabitants. It was too little, too late and it felt the full brunt of the storm, packed with passengers. Hundreds died when cars were lifted from the tracks and tossed on their sides in the tidal surge.

It was Dante-esque.

But most deaths occurred FURther north. Thereafter a mASSive effort at channelization and diking around Okechobee occurred, contributing, greatly, to the present malaise of the Everglades.

Typically American, no response until a Pearl Harbor.

The tragedy in Isla Morada/Key Largo stopped Flagler's train "dead" in it's tracks. The RR never ran again. J.P.'s partner never, really, recovered FURom the debacle, either, allegedly.

HRFF's relation cut the conch home in half and had it moved from the leeward to the ocean side of Lower Matecumbe. When she did it, it made the Miami paperz.

Her next door neighbor was a Polish general who had fought the Russians and the Germans in WWII. J was a short, stocky, fearless fellow. When David arrived he stayed put in his waterfront home. He boasted he "wasn't afraid of any hurricane", later.

Neither home or it's inhabitants would survive a storm like Isabel or Andrew, head on. Thought he could take on nature cuz he took on the Russki's in the Big One. (Russia invaded Poland w Hitler this month in 1939.)

Bot me some Blue Rhino on Friday.  Earnings release Tuesday AM.  Broke out of triangle.  They sell propane exchange tanks and appliances.  Since I grill with gas and not charcoal (heat is heat) and since I've been seeing more and more of these propane mosquito vacuums, I like the company long term.  It might also be depression proof since I can picture the new hoards of displaced "Grapes of Wrath" folks cooking around the travel trailers with propane stoves and grills.

Another over valued stock, but 38% of the float is short.Is Mr. Market going to teach those dumb bears a lesson? :P

Archived