This Time It's Different

"I am not argumentative but NOTHING but the paying off or defaulting of debt will prevent deflation."

Only inflationary forces greater than deflation will prevent deflation...

Paying off or Defaulting adds to deflation...

Once deflation runs it's course "bank"ruptcy is the result or "stopper"

Debt deflation is the key. Debt creation is the fuel which runs inflation. Inflation is what we all depend on for survival... Debt deflation is when creation of debt slows or stops. When you can't inflate faster then you deflate it's over...

We've been deflating for 3 years and next year deflation is going to be twice as powerful..

:D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GF,

Could that have been the person's last name?

Hyper,

we have been deflating or disinflating for years now. you are correct. The question is wether a fiat currency will allow for deflation. I think, YES in deed.

TE- nope, that's my point. It takes the title for stupidest journalistic decision I've seen in memory.

i think INFLATION is killing us.....my gas natural bill up 35% in 2 years....gasoline up,electric up,cable up,home ins up,car ins up,food,doctor visits,heatlh ins has doubled in 2 years..average car prices are insane,house prices are insane,going out to dinner is outrageous,even a mcdonalds "value meal"is pushin 7 bucks...i can go on for hours :angry: :angry: :angry:

I don't know where this deflation is,i guess its just me gettin screwed!

Inflation, Deflation.... It's all about the psychology of buying and selling... The only thing that can save the Worldwide economy is a shift in this psychology...

When Y2K came and the World didn't end, we were overstocked on everything from PC's to gas generators and bottled water to guns and ammo. There's your bubble - Oversupply is a funny thing. - demand drops, prices drop. The best cure for this is reduction of capacity - what was it April of 2002 that Scott McNeely finally got around to laying off and cutting back? There's the problem, the suckers got so sold in the frenzy of the bull market and internet revolution that they actually BELIEVED. Overcapacity is the biggest problem and there's only 2 cures

1) soak up excess capacity with an uptick in demand

2) Reduce capacity... Consolidate, concentrate market share into fewer entities (i.e. Shrink)

Here's the problem with 2)... China... Example: Semiconductors - instead of buying market share and therefore plant assets by acquiring chip companies... China chooses to buy new equipment and build their own fabs... RESULT - MORE overcapacity.

Which makes 1) further and further away from being acheivable...

If Al Green is able to stimulate the consumer with his newly acquired easy money programs, it might take a long time before we can achieve the second necessary ingredient to economic recovery. NAMELY: Demand pull inflation.

When the psychology dictates the consumer buy NOW before the price goes higher.

But look, if you wait now, you can get a house cheaper, right? You can buy a stock nearer to it's low if you wait for the bottom, day old bread is cheaper at the outlet store than fresh in the market, substantially cheaper. If I wait til January to book a ticket, I'll get a better fare... the psychology of buying and selling says WAIT...

There's the landscape... it's all psychology. When the car guys quit doing the zero interest deals, that might be the first sign things are starting to change...

You know, I went to the article with the same thought in mind, perhaps "Person" is someone's last name (since it was you Greg, I should have known better). I can't believe it. It's so funny and so, so pathetic.

Stoolies,

Nobody seems to understand me.

Oh, I doubt this.

For bears, these are emotional times, not just because money and time and a trader's intellectual commitment and skills are involved, and challenged, but also because a belief system and particular values are being challenged. We have to remember we are here by choice. We could be doing something else. Let us continue to be insightful, critical, truthful and skillful, and remain balanced and patient.

A story:

A little girl was alone in her room, talking with God. They were discussing relativity. God was saying, " You know, we each have our own perspective on things. What might be a million years for you would be but a mere second for me..."

The little girl thought about this, and then asked: "God, may I have a penny?"

God replied, "Of course...hold on a second...."

Pile,

Did you tell the boards not to short NVLS at 37 ams MXIM at 44 as well cuz they were going to go another point higher before they absolutely got crushed....I posted those here near the tops as well....Funny board...never seen so many bears afraid to short parabolic stocks in my life..playing bear funds and indexes that can be manipulated while parabolic stocks collapse and provide bears massive gains for those with the bear balls common sense to short high and hold on.........The majority on this board seem like nothing but a bunch of nickel and dime scalpers of indexes...so anyway PD, you want that bet?

Archived