Happy Noo Year

LOL....TICK is negative and TRIN is falling, about to be a bullish below 1.0 level. Chop chop chop. Oppppss...we just got a TRIN spike up above the downchanel it was following. If TICK stays negative and TRIN rises....time to consider shorts.

Breakdown is the direction....at least for the short time frame.

882 and 8363 held them bulls to the stable.....

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sell ano's Bby? keep it for 1/2?

I just got email and verified, I now have access to my 1000 Shares of BBY to 'self trade'. I've been locked out of it since july when I was laid off (forced to retire).

please vote with reasons..hurry. gotta sell by 3:55 to be sure it sells if I sell.

2nd part, IF sell it is, do I do the NAV price in BEARX for the amount rec'd?

thanks all!

(as in Saturday night live circa 1982-85 "boil Larry's booty"

post-3-1041366669_thumb.png

LOL....TICK is negative and TRIN is falling, about to be a bullish below 1.0 level. Chop chop chop. Oppppss...we just got a TRIN spike up above the downchanel it was following. If TICK stays negative and TRIN rises....time to consider shorts.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

NYSE

Attached is the image I was viewing when comments were being typed.

Ok, am done with this TICK/TRIN stuff for today. Hope someone got some brain exercsie with my posts.

post-3-1041366696_thumb.gif

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Shows ya different strokes for different folks. If I had to follow that all day I'd go bonkers. I'm looking for ways to make trades that stick for a minimum of three weeks preferably longer. For me that is just too much noise. You know how cranky old folks get. I like to keep my eye on the belt buckle and avoid the head fakes. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Ride the bigger cycles.

depends a little on what you are trading, if you are trading the indexes, etf's, qqq, yes... but a very strong or weak stock can easily fade the market ( buck the trend). So I think your main focus should be where your money is...... don't mind me I am always contraian.

Notice, no year end window dressing? Understand SEC taking a dim view on this type of trading practice. Therefore hedge funds, and instituions may have to think of more devious ways to screw there customers.

Rich....and Doc....

Yeah, everyone is different. Cycle, order types, etc. We are individuals. I have alerts set for 5 mihnute through daily charts in Tradestation. When levels are hit, up pops the chart triggering the alert. Make it easy to follow a whole lot of things at once. The TICK/TRIN stuff is daytrading stuff when I trade QQQ, SPY or DIA.

However, you've given me an idea, but Doc must cooperate. Doc, how about a small colored spreadsheet where you list the various cycles and then state whether they are near top, down, near bottom, bottoming, heading up, etc or similar wording. I know you do something like that already with PTT in the anals, but something more like the Phil Erlanger website thing with some sweet color coding....we are visual creatures. Hmmmm?

sell ano's Bby? keep it for 1/2?

I just got email and verified, I now have access to my 1000 Shares of BBY to 'self trade'. I've been locked out of it since july when I was laid off (forced to retire).

please vote with reasons..hurry. gotta sell by 3:55 to be sure it sells if I sell.

2nd part, IF sell it is, do I do the NAV price in BEARX for the amount rec'd?

thanks all!

(as in Saturday night live circa 1982-85 "boil Larry's booty"

ano: BBY looks like a good stock in my system. Stochastics are low but rising, MACD is the same. The stock looks like a good one to hold or buy to me. If the whole market collapses next year nothing will be good. Just a suggestion, why don't you sell covered calls on it at 25 until your called out? IG

Happy New Year everybody.

Looking forwards to another phenomenal bear year. Thanks to Doc, Hurst and fellow Stoolies for making this site an absolute pleasure.....an oasis in a sea of turd.

Remember: If you drink and drive........sign your organ donor documents first :grin:

Gotta run.......

PolarBear-02.gif

I agree sniff. Price is the final arbiter for me. Tick and dickarms may give rockhead an edge but I concentrate on price.

Price is the key! Exactly!

Too many people use too many indicators. Find what you like and use them. KISS. You should only need 2 or 3 on top of price. No more. I really think too many people are not comfortable in their own abilities (not directed to anyone specific, just making a statement). If you dont have confidence in your own abilites, may God help you. Go to a trading class or dont trade....otherwise it will be an expensive education (like most stoolpid others, I have also learned the hard way).

But again.....we are in clear trading range. We need 882 and 8363 as upside breaks to get excited. It is nice to be able to scalp .15 to .30 moves when you need when the market is boring.

BTW...I did not trade today....no way I could have with this many posts.

Archived