B4 The Bell Thursday July 22

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest Nat Gas Storage Numbers

we're only about 250 BCF ahead of last year's storage at this time. NOT a very impressive performance given that:

1.) It's been a very cool summer in the northeast so far

2.) This year's winter storage drain bottomed about 400 BCF above last year's (i.e. big head start this year relative to last)

3.) Nat Gas spot prices this year have averaged about $1 more per MCF than the 2003 average (I eyeballed a chart, and the $1 estimate is conservative)

I notice nat gas spot is up about $0.30 today, presumably as a response to this bullish report. Maybe a little reality is creeping in. Unless we get some miraculously cooperative weather from now through next March, I'm thinking we'll see $10 spot on a spike sometime this winter. Exactly what Al's drug-addled consumer economy DOESN'T need :(

We have 16.75B in repos added today, 8.75B of which on an overnight basis.  Expiring are 5.25B in overnight money, 3.25B in 6-day money and 11B in 14-day money, for a net 2.5B drain today from the Fed.

Tanks, Greg!

Tanks Zen and Greg.

The Fed has its finger over the panic buton but still hasn't pushed it.

After the market gets a "load spike" of sell orders they may change their mind.

Until then the trend is down.

Latest Nat Gas Storage Numbers

we're only about 250 BCF ahead of last year's storage at this time. NOT a very impressive performance given that:

1.) It's been a very cool summer in the northeast so far

2.) This year's winter storage drain bottomed about 400 BCF above last year's (i.e. big head start this year relative to last)

3.) Nat Gas spot prices this year have averaged about $1 more per MCF than the 2003 average (I eyeballed a chart, and the $1 estimate is conservative)

I notice nat gas spot is up about $0.30 today, presumably as a response to this bullish report. Maybe a little reality is creeping in. Unless we get some miraculously cooperative weather from now through next March, I'm thinking we'll see $10 spot on a spike sometime this winter. Exactly what Al's drug-addled consumer economy DOESN'T need :(

I agree. :o

We are also coming to a cyclical low in the sun cycle this winter - which has been associated with cold winters.

Mad: Good for you. I have often contemplated being an independent moneymanage ( broker). I think honesty and respect can go a long way. I have tons of well off friends and at times I just shutter at the way they are being treated by their brokers.

soup,

Tanks!

I am so glad I found this board and group of people, it truly is an oasis from the bullshit shoveled by so-called "investment professionals".

As I said, the clientele I serve is beginning to realize that Wall Street and the banks are just out to sell the "product du jour" to them, and they (the clients) are recognizing that they are being exploited.

Here's another example of the "3 Card Monty" game played by Wall Street, from today's Wall Street Journal. There is a story on page C1 about the implications of the Microsoft dividend/buyback. I almost choked when I read some shill named Steve Henningsen say this:

"It's better to give shareholders a choice of how to reinvest their money rather than leaving it up to the CEO's."

Wait a minute! :angry:

I thought one of the mantras during the 1990s, when old "fuddy duddies" worried about low dividend payouts, was that it was better to have Jack Welsh, Dennis Kozlowski, Al Dunlap, Ken Lay and the rest of the "captains of industry" invest the money in the business for me, rather than bother me with a paltry dividend??? :blink:

Pure Bullshit.

Archived