What Did I Miss?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmm...

If that's the case then why are we rallying over the past 4 days, shouldn't they be preparing for it a bit earlier?  Didn't we get one of these huge drain a few weeks back and yet the market rallied?

647440[/snapback]

The market can rally on a day the Fed drains heavily if there are other extenuating circumstances. When the Fed is pumping heavily, the market rarely falls much. The day to day correlation is haphazard. It's probably better than 50/50 but it's far from perfect. However, over periods of weeks and months there is a direct correlation. This is especially the case for the 13 week and 6 month cycles. When things do get out of whack for longer periods, the market always returns to where the Fed Liquidity line is. Hence the axiom "Don't fight the Fed" is well supported by the analysis of just how much liquidity the Fed is providing. In some cases it works day to day, but more on a month to month basis. Therefore it's important to recognize the turning points in how the Fed is managing open market operations.

One of those turning points was January 31. When the Fed was quantitatively tight between last July and the end of January, we saw the result. That ended on January 31, and we are now seeing the results in the stock market. Obviously, it is not the only driver, but it is one of the most important ones. If you compile and analyze the data as carefully as I do, you will come to realize just how important the Fed is to the market.

By carefully following and analyzing the data every day, I was able to correctly forecast that the Fed would be pumping in February, and I warned at that time that if this did turn out to be the case that it could coincide with the beginning of a 13 week and 6 month cycle up phase.

Of course, you don't have to do the work yourself. It's time consuming and there are multiple relationships involved, so let me do the heavy lifting for you. If you are interested in the real facts about what the Fed, Treasury, and FCBs are doing every day, and how those actions are likely to affect the market, then the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition Fed Report is for you! Click the link below to begin your 30 day risk free trial and get in the know RIGHT NOW!

This message is an advertisement for the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition. Capitalstool.com is sponsored in part by the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition.

Is it a holiday or something? This is supposed to be bearish, right? :ph34r:

Well, it's been a good decade to own gold. Not as good as rhodium, of course. Does anyone actually own rhodium? I wish I owned rhodium. :unsure:

647514[/snapback]

There are rumors about former Armscor and other white power hardliners in South Africa having amassed large hoards. The whole strategic metals supply dilemma has been talked about for decades -- pretty much to the point where everyone got bored with it, especially after Russia (the #2 source) became a "free market economy."

So less than twenty years after "the end of history," welcome to the new world order. Where do we fit in? Under the heading of Clusterf*ck Nation (apologies to Mr. Kunstler). <_< :( :ph34r:

Archived