B4 the Bell, Moonday Aug. 9, 2004

Guest yobob1

with all the hype concerning the terror threats 24/7 on the news - including Crapvisions "are we winning the war on terror" quiz - barely mentioned is the fact that the US completely screwed up by releasing Kahn's name. Their defense? We provided the name to reporters, but we didn't expect them to report it. ufb

US denies bungling al-Qaeda case

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CCL doesn't appear to like higher oil prices.

Looks like I was only two hours early shorting it. Usually I'm two months, or years, early. :ph34r:

Good Job!

I got onboard both CCL and RCL again this morning.

When RCL goes sub-$38, it's a quick trip to $30

I threw some gamblin' money at RCL last month, and it was goosed for OpEx, so I have to stick to CCL now. (Wash sale rule). Gaaah.

We are witnessing the wonders of monetary inflation expressed through the price of energy.  The Fed will have to create money all the faster just so consumers can "keep up".

One of the causes of Oil Shock I was that oil producers were irked by the dollar's steady loss of purchasing power. Nixon (who quit 30 years ago today) added insult to injury by refusing to exchange their surplus dollars into gold.

Nothing has changed, except that we import a lot more oil now. :mellow:

On this day in history:

1974: Nixon Resigns

2003: World's largest Blackout strikes Northeastern United States

Today: Stock market crash of 2004 begins

with all the hype concerning the terror threats 24/7 on the news - including Crapvisions "are we winning the war on terror" quiz - barely mentioned is the fact that the US completely screwed up by releasing Kahn's name. Their defense? We provided the name to reporters, but we didn't expect them to report it. ufb

US denies bungling al-Qaeda case

Nothing happens by accident with these boys.

They released his name to botch the undercover investigation and prevent their quadruple agents from being busted...particularly Osama.

Note the intentionally methodical 990N intervention blasts about seven minutes apart. You know they're desparate when they are not even attempting to conceal it.

While we're all watching paint dry, interesting comments from a Canadian trader who has spent 'considerable time in Saudi' on Swiss RE, Arabs in Switzerland and the incendiary state of affairs in the Middle East.

It all comes down to supply chain.  The US and the Western World needs oil.  Strategically, the US will do what it has to ensure the production, transportation and delivery of oil.  Without it, the supply chain breaks down.  Without the supply chain, the empire will crumble.  It's as simple as that....

The region is a firestorm.  I see revolution, destruction, further terrorism using religion as the hammer.  In a nutshell, it's going to be a mess.  For a very long time.

Note the intentionally methodical 990N intervention blasts about seven minutes apart.  You know they're desparate when they are not even attempting to conceal it.

We need 990N Ballcaps.

We need the 990N logo inside a circle with a line through it.

Now if we could just find an artist to whip that up....

Two high visibility ?outings? of intelligence, this recent one and Plame.

Two events do not a trend make, but each event has the same end result-

severely reducing potential knowledge in environments where we need more.

(Plame was situated at the nexus of Saudi oil and funding of jihadis re: ARAMCO)

Potential info with long-term value is getting pulled off the table.

Note the intentionally methodical 990N intervention blasts about seven minutes apart.  You know they're desparate when they are not even attempting to conceal it.

We need 990N Ballcaps.

We need the 990N logo inside a circle with a line through it.

Now if we could just find an artist to whip that up....

Maybe we should be more sneaky and leave off the circle with the bar through it so we can pretend we're on the 990N team. Then, any chicks that are into stocks and stuff might agree to ride in our porsches. Now, how to get porsches... Oh, yeah, brian4 is helping with that. ;)

PS maybe the 990N font should be the "bank" OCR font.

Archived