Keyboard kleptomania

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys really think that with the government pumping $13 billion cash into the market today that it's going to go down?

Please. Have we learned nothing?

do you have a minute to comment on net free reserves as a leading indicator of stock market

in context with that comment

Hey Doc, glad to see you tweeting. I have forwarded (RT) several of them. I hope this brings you some new customers and notoriety!

EDIT:

One suggestion - you might consider adding $SPX and/or the dollar symbols ($) to your cycle projection tweets so they will be picked up by the Stocktwits stream which includes a more relevant audience (i.e. more apt to subscribe to your services)

It is true that they tend to commit the funds a couple of days ahead, but $13 billion is a helluva lot of cash when it's as they say, at the margin.

a client was in my office today telling me that he is part of a syndicate tht loans millions to

athletes that are graduating from college with big offers awaiting them

they don't wait to buy the cars, jewelry etc.. until they have the contract

the member banks are even more clueless about how to handle money

do you have a minute to comment on net free reserves as a leading indicator of stock market

in context with that comment

You mean the trillion the banks have on deposit at the Fed? I've never seen any correlation between that and the stock market. In fact, the market collapsed as reserves were blasting off in September October 2008.

AHA, I get it! It took me a while. So there should be an inverse relationship. The stock market should rise as reserves come down? No, it doesn't work like that. The fact that they went in opposite directions in 2008 wasn't coincidental because of other things that they were doing simultaneously, but it was not a cause and effect relationship. I would not expect falling reserves to necessarily go hand in hand with stock prices.

There are other things which do directly correlate having to do with certain components within the money supply. I won't go into detail, but here's a chart which you see every week in the Fed Report.

iamge322.png

If you are not a subscriber, join specie and many other species of stoolie, and stay up to date with the machinations of the Fed, Treasury, and foreign central banks in the US market, along with regular updates of the US housing market, in the Fed Report in the Professional Edition, Money Liquidity, and Real Estate Package. Newbies get to try it risk free for 30 days. Don't miss another day. Get the research and analysis you need to understand these critical forces. Be prepared. Stay ahead of the herd. Click this link and get in RIGHT NOW!

Archived