B4 The Bell Election Day November 2

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I too will abstain, as Idaho is 80% plus mindless Republicans, 19.9999% independents (Perot almost won in Idaho) and 3 Democrats.  :lol: Hitler would win here if he ran as a Republican.

Utah & Idaho are pretty much tied to the hip... So I can back up what Yobob is saying here.

Funny thing in all of this,... today. still, I am blown away by Utah's arrogance. No other PONTUS gave so much Federal funding to Utah, then did Clinton.

They took the fricking money... & mostly likely, after today, we'll have a Chemical brother,.. ala, John Huntsman Jr., for Governor.

I'm getting my "Will Work For Food" signs ready, better to be prepared. If Bushco wins this thing, I'm outta here & will be determined to relocate to Canada and work towards having Canadian citizenship. I'll need a few years to do it, but I won't turn back and change my mind. I'm do for a change anyway.

I just hope they have cheesesteaks up there.

You can abstain when you're dead..except where I grew up in Chicago. There, your vote lives forever. And there are many other candidates, bond referendums (which should be voted DOWN vehemently), etc that matter locally...which is all that really matters for 90% of what you do everyday.

Consciously deciding not to vote, and expecting that this will send any message to anyone, puts you in the dumb electorate category. If you don't want to cast a presidential vote, then don't. If you don't want to say anything that counts about anything in this society, then don't.

Just bitch on a website the rest of your life.

Thank you . Proud to be a dumb electorate instead of a fooled electorate. Local politics and issues are a micocosim of the bigger picture. It is the same power struggles on a smaller scale with the same poor choices. It boils down to a failed two party system that was never intended to be. Abolish political parties and we might start getting somewhere.

Ever see a referendum on a ballot to cut governmental spending? Oh sure plenty to cut taxes - but never a ying for the yang. All the sheeple demand free lunch, and all the politicians are more than willing to provide a chicken in every pot at no charge. Too bad the chicken is rubber, the pot is financed and the no charge is merely a delayed billing.

Did the 'Velvet Revolution' in Czechoslovakia occur via a vote?

No.

The people downed tools and walked out into the streets en masse. That sent a powerful message that no vote ever could have done.

The best way to bring down the putrid Depublicrat system is to delegitimize it by nonparticipation and ridicule.

Not voting and proud of it ... :P

I too will abstain, as Idaho is 80% plus mindless Republicans, 19.9999% independents (Perot almost won in Idaho) and 3 Democrats.  :lol: Hitler would win here if he ran as a Republican.

Utah & Idaho are pretty much tied to the hip... So I can back up what Yobob is saying here.

Funny thing in all of this,... today. still, I am blown away by Utah's arrogance. No other PONTUS gave so much Federal funding to Utah, then did Clinton.

They took the fricking money... & mostly likely, after today, we'll have a Chemical brother,.. ala, John Huntsman Jr., for Governor.

I'm getting my "Will Work For Food" signs ready, better to be prepared. If Bushco wins this thing, I'm outta here & will be determined to relocate to Canada and work towards having Canadian citizenship. I'll need a few years to do it, but I won't turn back and change my mind. I'm do for a change anyway.

I just hope they have cheesesteaks up there.

And if they don't that would be a perfect business for you to start!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Man, I'd vote,

But there ain't no place to vote out here.

I tried to talk the coyotes and the cottontail and the cactus wrens to set up a votin' place.

But they just run away whenever I approach them on the matter.

Oh, well maybe next time....

If there is,

A next time. :lol:

pistolpapa, where in the world are you located?

I voted for John Anderson in '80. A friend of a friend of the family. The vote counted, as did votes others have made fore Perot, Wallace, Nader, et al, throughout history, because it tempered the actions of the other candidates, and forced them to appeal to a voter demographic which would otherwise have been neglected.

The populace has been neutralized, not by the electoral process, but by the courts. Today in Ohio is Exhibit A. Totally disgusting. And Nader's failing to get on ballots. And all the lawyers lined up to contest the election, on both sides.

Voting should be as easy as brushing your (own) teeth. And the pols won't fix the legal part of it. Just vote for someone. Tell someone out there you give a shit about something. If a record number of people tell the pols and lawyers today that they give a shit, doesn't matter who wins, then maybe this silent majority BS will finally go away.

I was just finishing reading the end of last night's M2M, and saw Hoofgrinds post...

""

I think gold will be significantly higher in 3 months time as I do not believe investors are properly discounting the demand shock from the US gold ETF. US investors have inefficient means to buy, send, store, insure and house gold. And I'm not talking retail buyers here. I am talking about institutions who have no gold exposure and maybe play with Newmont as a proxy. We are starting from effectively a 0 base in Pension, Foundation, Endowment and high net worth money dedicated to gold assets.

""

Might this really whack NEM then, when it happens?

:blink:

ps; today shows us in crystal-clear form that the 'people', the retail-investor mean NOTHING in this SM. It'd be hard to believe that, on this particular day, the millions are busily watching the tickers, calling their brokers, etc. etc. ! With 7 hr poll lines in addition to jobs etc. ?? :P

pps; dustbowl... :lol: And Drano has been known to push half-drowned stocks underwater too.... :lol:

Mars- You must be watched very carefully then. I'm watching you. :D

Drano- You are in the same camp. :P

For hundreds of years the flag has been a symbol of "freedom and justice for all." Why should any political point of view be permitted to use it as an exclusive symbol? It should be the symbol of American idealism, available to all.

All I know is that I have become very suspicious of anyone wearing an american flag lapel pin.  :angry:

Well, I've become suspicious of people with those 'Support the Troops' twisted ribbon thingies pasted on their vehicles.

The ribbons on vehicles in the driveway seem to correlate with Bush/Cheney lawn signs.

In other words, there's a political subtext of 'support the war' in addition to supporting the troops.

One article said that two-thirds of families with National Guard members in Iraq support Bush. Talk about authoring your own destruction ... :blink:

The best way to support the troops is to demobilize from Iraq by a date certain ... something neither of the Depublicrat candidates is proposing.

Archived