B4 The Bell Election Day November 2

Man, I'd vote,

But there ain't no place to vote out here.

I tried to talk the coyotes and the cottontail and the cactus wrens to set up a votin' place.

But they just run away whenever I approach them on the matter.

Oh, well maybe next time....

If there is,

A next time. :lol:

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for change and I didn't really care who's name was on the "change line". But I won't waste my vote. If Kerry does win the more votes he gets just adds to the mandate. If Bush wins the fewer votes he gets subtracts from the mandate.

I do not understand people who just refuse to vote. I do not know how to motivate anyone who doesn't wish to do so.

I personally consider it a duty and I will always do my duty because it is expected of me by my family, my friends, my fellow citizens, you my fellow stoolies, and, perhaps most importantly, by myself.

Consciously deciding not to vote, and expecting that this will send any message to anyone, puts you in the dumb electorate category. If you don't want to cast a presidential vote, then don't. If you don't want to say anything that counts about anything in this society, then don't.

Just bitch on a website the rest of your life.

Word.

I consciously did not vote in 2000.

I have been chomping at the bit for 4 years since then to vote.

Guest bullseatshitndie
this is just going to be another failure at the top..right shoulder of HandS. Everyone's net long, and there is no fear.

And it's the top of the 4 year cycle.

The issue is whether we blow off to the upside or reverse in...oh...about an hour.

completely agree. this is so laughable.

A failure to win today means the practical end of the Democratic party in national politics in the US. The Democratic party has been weakening for years with the substantial loss of its Southern roots to the Republicans. The Republicans now dominate the state governorships, both federal houses and the presidency. While the choice of candidates is pathetic (as the Economist put it, the incompetent or the incoherent), the longer term consequences are very significant. A loss today will further weaken the Democratic party's ability to deliver benefits to its clients, resulting in further defections from its base of support. I do not think that even Hillary in 2008 would be able to salvage this defeat. Welcome to the single-party state.

In the grand scheme it makes little difference who wins. In a corrupt system like ours' the ruling class will win and the working class will lose. That's my uplifiting message. Now, go vote and buy equities.

yobob, you are in the freakin ZONE this week. Totally eloquent statement of the REALITY.

Long-o-U, I am 47, and have voted since the day I came of age....darn near 30 yrs now. And it did NOT matter. Sorry, but that's just plain fact.

We libertarians have been ignored, shunned, and derided by BOTH reps and dems as "fringe" and "kooks" for the entire 30-40 years that we've tried to warn of the endpoint of exactly what yobob said. The endless demands for more gov.

I voted against a local bond measure. So what? It went 83% against me. I voted against a bad initiative, so what? It went 90% against me. That's what happens to us every single damn time we vote. Neither reps nor dems will STOP what they've been doing.

ps; just saw your later post, tanks....and I can well understand your frustration, since there -isn't- any conservative party or voice for us any more.

signed,

equally-frustrated broke-down dozer...

pps: NWD...tanks for the shooting-tip last night ! :lol: Robin and I will try it. It's still a great pic tho, eh? :D That was her first time shooting. Glenn and I were plinking cans one day, and she just up and asked "hey, I want to learn how to shoot. It's not good that I don't know how to handle a gun". And now she digs it. Beats -my- score every time too :lol:

Those dancers have muscle-control that just won't quit ya know... :grin:

Man, I got so freaking lucky with her I can't even believe it... :D

24 yrs now....

machine/yobob: Agree about not voting, why legitimize( sp?) A corrupt system? Although one could vote libertarian? I will vote, libertarian where I can, and against the incumbent in all other races.

thats the ticket!

until americans vote for real change nothing will happen :cry:

time they firgure it out things will be :shocked :ph34r: :cry:

Archived