If it's blatant, it must be futures

If it's blatant, the mechanics should be clear & obvious.

What are they?

I don't track the futures, but I'd imagine that if you looked you might find footprints. But those guys are good. They are very good.

More importantly, they were unable to achieve what I thought they could, which would have been significantly lower yields from a bond market rally beginning several days ago, accompanied by a rout in stocks.

That, they were unable to pull off, so it looks like they will be faced with the mounting horror show of ever higher debt service costs in the Feudal Budget.

The target of the manip is the Treasury market. Stock index futures are just a tool.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to take this opportunity to invite those of you who are seriously interested in this tapestry of deceit to try the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition Fed Report risk free for 30 days. I cover both the threads that I can tie together as well as the loose ends, where you might find useful information. Click below to get started.

This market is a joke. Blatantly manipulated. That selloff this morning was engineered at the Working Group on Financial Markets.

Usually, when I get this way, it is indicative of a top - at least VERY close to one.

We may get a small rally from here for EOM, but we are close, VERY close to a top.

Continuing an earlier comment of mine from the Intraday Stool, I was doing some more research on the mechanisms of manipulation. The main laws that was to stop manipulation was the Securities Act of 1934. I gave references to two sections earlier.

In my research I came across the following issue from Wikipedia, upon which reference I hate to rely. However, I feel confident in the accuracy of this point.

"Exemptions from reporting because of national security

Section 13(
B)
(3)(A) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 provides that "with respect to matters concerning the national security of the United States," the President or the head of an Executive Branch agency may exempt companies from certain critical legal obligations. These obligations include keeping accurate "books, records, and accounts" and maintaining "a system of internal accounting controls sufficient" to ensure the propriety of financial transactions and the preparation of financial statements in compliance with "generally accepted accounting principles."

On May 5, 2006, in a notice in the Federal Register, President Bush delegated authority under this section to John Negroponte, the Director of National Intelligence. Administration officials told Business Week that they believe this is the first time a President has ever delegated the authority to someone outside the Oval Office."

Wiki Source

So, if you find footprints, you better cover them right up since it is a matter of national security and I doubt that there is any change in the position of the current administration on this point.

But this does not at all suggest that the manipulation is not happening.

I don't track the futures, but I'd imagine that if you looked you might find footprints. But those guys are good. They are very good.

More importantly, they were unable to achieve what I thought they could, which would have been significantly lower yields from a bond market rally beginning several days ago, accompanied by a rout in stocks.

That, they were unable to pull off, so it looks like they will be faced with the mounting horror show of ever higher debt service costs in the Feudal Budget.

The target of the manip is the Treasury market. Stock index futures are just a tool.

Look at the bright side. They saved you personally several cents in interest on your portion of the $40billion two year notes.

The odds still favor a short term rally in Treasuries after the auctions are over. Admittedly my model of the sell off before the auctions and rally after is based on observations of longer term paper. (two years might be a very long term now)

Also it's pretty significant I think that the ConCon is no longer responding to the stock market. I would almost, almost, go so far as to say that a continuing stock market rally is pissing off many of the 60% of the populace who don't own stocks directly, with the widespread and growing GS hatred being the avenue. Of course that ties in with my favorite theories. First that the crisis is at root a political crisis and the short term advantage of giving money and power to the pigmen is going to be negated and more for the administration and really the entire political system.

Has the Board of the Federal Reserve been relieved of their obligation fpr "keeping accurate 'books, records, and accounts' and maintaining 'a system of internal accounting controls sufficient' to ensure the propriety of financial transactions and the preparation of financial statements in compliance with 'generally accepted accounting principles.'"

Just asking.

Maybe Ron Paul should ask the question.

Coincidentally- Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, July 28, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Today’s minimal pullback in the market averages actually left bears with some grasping straws. If I were a bull, I would not be all that confident, although the weight of the technical evidence puts the onus on the bears to prove something. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

Yawn.

The "recession is over" drumbeat continues to get louder. It is annoying. Last year we were told there Is No Recession, nor would there be one. How many times can the lies be told? It seems like the number is unlimited with the Sheeple trapped in Wonderland.

Caught a few minutes of the Ben Bernanke PBS townhall last night.

Other than his wheezy, breathless voice, I was struck by his insistence on the Fed's political ties to the US government. In response to direct questions ("Who does the Fed report and answer to?"), he emphasized that the Fed governors are appointed for 14 year terms, while the Chair is appointed by the President of the US for a 4 year term, that as Chair he's required to testify to Congress, etc., and that the Fed is responsible for consumer protection from banking abuses, such as dictating the format of monthly credit card statements to assure their clarity.

None of his comments were commensurate with my understanding, that the Fed is a private association representing banks, and has no direct accountability to the US or any other government, beyond having to periodically respond obfuscatorily to questions posed by lay politicians seeking to score easy points with an uncomprehending, invicibly ignorant public.

None of what he said was directly contradictory to the "Creature from Jekyll Island" perspective, but it certainly wasn't clear, especially given the studio audience crowd of J6Ps. No one quoted that famous (Jefferson?) line about banks controlling money supply posing the greatest threat to democracy, etc.

Funny- I was going to say that I hope this issue gets more play, but that's a very 2003 thing to say. By now, I think it's too late, as all the horses have left the barn and it's too late to revisit basic assumptions. Now, the name of the game is damage control and crisis management. Or, perhaps, it's always been so and we're just more sensitized to it.

Caught a few minutes of the Ben Bernanke PBS townhall last night.

Other than his wheezy, breathless voice, I was struck by his insistence on the Fed's political ties to the US government. In response to direct questions ("Who does the Fed report and answer to?"), he emphasized that the Fed governors are appointed for 14 year terms, while the Chair is appointed by the President of the US for a 4 year term, that as Chair he's required to testify to Congress, etc., and that the Fed is responsible for consumer protection from banking abuses, such as dictating the format of monthly credit card statements to assure their clarity.

None of his comments were commensurate with my understanding, that the Fed is a private association representing banks, and has no direct accountability to the US or any other government, beyond having to periodically respond obfuscatorily to questions posed by lay politicians seeking to score easy points with an uncomprehending, invicibly ignorant public.

None of what he said was directly contradictory to the "Creature from Jekyll Island" perspective, but it certainly wasn't clear, especially given the studio audience crowd of J6Ps. No one quoted that famous (Jefferson?) line about banks controlling money supply posing the greatest threat to democracy, etc.

Funny- I was going to say that I hope this issue gets more play, but that's a very 2003 thing to say. By now, I think it's too late, as all the horses have left the barn and it's too late to revisit basic assumptions. Now, the name of the game is damage control and crisis management. Or, perhaps, it's always been so and we're just more sensitized to it.

Well said! I absolutely cannot stand the Fed and I think Bernanke is a complete idiot, an absolute utter moron. It is entirely correct that they are a private organization that represent banks and I cannot stand banks. I can feel the rage start to burn....

Yawn.

The "recession is over" drumbeat continues to get louder. It is annoying. Last year we were told there Is No Recession, nor would there be one. How many times can the lies be told? It seems like the number is unlimited with the Sheeple trapped in Wonderland.

post-2204-1248821943.jpg

Well said! I absolutely cannot stand the Fed and I think Bernanke is a complete idiot, an absolute utter moron. It is entirely correct that they are a private organization that represent banks and I cannot stand banks. I can feel the rage start to burn....

You and me both. Boy did they ever save it today on treasury prices. I sense a lower high on the 30 and 10 year, then back to the lows. :ph34r:

Archived