B4 the Bell Frydaddy Oct 8, 2004

Guest yobob1

The Republican Party has always been the radial party in America. I can back up the seeming odd claim but it would take a long essay, at least. The foundation of this radicalism is based on the twin pillars of a strong NATION, under a Christian God.

This is a radical ideal and if you care to think about it for a moment you will recognize it in the genesis and fighting of the Civil War, ie. the Radical Republicans, to the growth of permanent militarism to fight the cold war right up to todays preemtive war in Iraq.

The concepts of a strong NATION and individualism/individual freedom are mutally exclusive. Of all the bizzare habits of political thought in America none is more bizzare than the idea that Republicans, with their endless support for a strong NATION, based upon a strong military, is somehow for limited government. When any politician anywhere starts preaching about having a strong NATION grab your wallet and be prepared to to surrender your freedom, for the good of the NATION.

The Democratic Party was always one of coalition, not ideolgy. It was more than happy to embrace post Reconstruction Jim Crow southerners, unions, urbane Northeasteners and big city political patronage machines under one roof. Or it was until 1964.

Let me be blunt. When Johnson rammed thru the 64 Voting Rights Act and the 65 Civil Rights act liberal became an epithet that meant nigger lover, and the path of the GOP from the party of Liincoln to the party of Jefferson Davis (see John Ashcroft) was set in motion. (Strangely this is possibly the first election in 50 years that isn't about niggers, again to put it bluntly, but I guess it's the sand niggers who have replaced them) (In the Grand Rapids MI airport the Sunday after the 00 election, at the gate, CNN was showing Palm Beach people with signs. I entered a polite discussion with a guy who was visibly upset by the pictures. Within one minute he said, "Jews and niggers want to run everything. I don't see how people can vote for minorities) and one more aside. (Southern disenfranchisment, and worse, of blacks should be seen not a strictly racist but rather as something more mundane, a method of preserving and extending political and economic power along with personal and group priviledge. . In other words people working in their own self interest. That's what politics is folks. It isn't pretty. It's human nature)

The 'solid' South has always been the lynchpin of national political dominace, now enjoyed by the GOP. While the end of slavery meant the constituionially built in national electoral advantage for the south was mostly eliminated the last vestige of it, the electoral college survives, and it will probably be the means thru which the GOP will maintain power for the forseeable future. The only question in my mind is if that doesn't work, as it should, will violence follow. The jury is out.

Political dialog, even here, is almost impossible. The terms, from conservative to liberal to facist are cartoon like. Every word is a buzzword, meaning one eliciting emotion, not thought.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And a big Thank You to all Patriots for fighting to allow you and I this great freedom.

You don't know what your saying with this statement.

Few soldiers in the most recent wars this country have fought

were patriots. Most are dumb ass suckers who fought for corrupt

administrators and representatives. Vietnam, under the democratic

party was a vile and criminal action and Gulf war 1 and 2 under

republicans are both invasions for criminals to personally gain,

test high tech weapons, and benefit from the action.

Why do you defend them? Are you profiting from their

murderous ways?

Pee Brain, Interesting thoughts about your kids, lifestyle, etc... As Greg points out the most fiscally conservative and in many ways emotionally satisfying lifestyle, but one that evades Westerners, both North American and Western Europeans, completely is the extended family unit.

Have you thought of living cooperatively with your kids and have your kids thought of living the same kind of life with you, as the Mexicans do? :wink2:

Perhaps all the emphasis on independance is a useless artifact of a bygone era.

MY CHILDREN HAVE BEEN TOLD REPEATEDLY THEY WILL GET AN EDUCATION & START IN LIFE; THEN THEY GO MAKE THEIR LIVES - i HAVE MY OWN LIFE TO LIVE TOO. I HAVE RAISED THEM TO BE INDEPENDENT AND RESPONSIBLE - WE'LL SEE :lol: they can always come home, im just not sure where home will be. they'll have at least one house each, F&C, hopefully a decent stake when i croack - if they cant make with a good education, home F&C and passive income, then i guess its a 3rd generation kinda hex. ive told my son he can always appraise and take over the biz if he wants... he will start trading with me this summer. he earns $50/hr to $100/hr doing my floorplans for me - i suspect he'd learn a bit by working a stretch at Mickie "D" like i did - sliding around the floors, frying the stupid french fries and working over a grill during fryday night rush! that sucked. my daughter has my drive and intensity, my son has not shown the same - they are both good kids and love them both, but my daughter has the strongest will ive ever seen. BTW, my son saves like 80% to 90% of his earnings and funds his IRA. not bad for a 15 yo! my daughter earns $2/day working with me in the field - she also funds her IRA and really is a good saver! my son worked up from $1/day!

... my daughter earns $2/day working with me in the field - she also funds her IRA and really is a good saver! my son worked up from $1/day!

Pee - When dad passed away and I

recalled our life together one thing that

was most clear in my mind was how

we worked together when I was a kid

and he taught me how to work and get

ahead. Only he didn't pay 'til saturday.

'Course thats now called child labor!

Looks like a push up in the futures.

Shorting opportunities unfolding.

Also to the "Big Thank you!"- I was at a trade show in Atlanta about 10 years ago and a guy came up to me and said I see you are a Canadian Company-having noticed the Maple Leaf lapel pin I was wearing-I said yes and he said Nice Country Canada and I said thank you and he said but you don't have the sense of patriotism we do. I said I think we do just a quieter one and he said (ignoring my previous statement) that is because your Nation wasn't born in blood ours was so we are always vigilant against our enemies. I said Yes we were born peacefully but when push has come to shove we have always joined you against the common enemy and in fact were in WW2 before you were and with you in Korea and Iraq he said but you weren't there in Nam and I said Nope we weren't he smiled and said see ya-I said have a great day! ;)

To all great Stoolies--Iam sure somewhere in our growing up stages,we were told to never discuss politics-religion-or how much we make--It pisses most everybody off--With all this great talent on the board--the time would be better spent on how to make more money-no matter which ass gets elected--Then you could fund what ever type of protest you wanted too--or move to where you want too---The sad truth is -most of the freinds we have, that make the most noise-About-40%--Don't vote--Let's just VOTE--Let's get even and make some Moneeeeeeeeeeeey

Gonna get me a woman and an RV.  :lol:  I rented an RV in Alaska once, and that worked out very well.

dude,

screw Alaska, in NV you rent a RV and a babe <_<

gas has been about $2.25/ here in north san diego county - its getting to where i start to notice the price - i gotta buy it anyway, no matter what the price is?

To all great Stoolies--Iam sure somewhere in our growing up stages,we were told to never discuss politics-religion-or how much we make--It pisses most everybody off--With all this great talent on the board--the time would be better spent on how to make more money-no matter which ass gets elected--Then you could fund what ever type of protest you wanted too--or move to where you want too---The sad truth is -most of the freinds we have, that make the most noise-About-40%--Don't vote--Let's just VOTE--Let's get even and make some Moneeeeeeeeeeeey

YEP.

Meeting another Stoolie.

I just came across N. Ron Shrubbards post about our getting together for lunch in Sacramento. That was great getting to meet another Stoolie face to face, and I found that he is as smart in person as we know him to be here on the Stool. I met him and his fellow lawyers at his office, and after exchanging some small talk - I found his fellow lawyers were all Stoolie candidates, and the one Republican say's he is not going to vote for Bush this time, - we were off to lunch.

We were in complete agreement on the economy and what we think our government is doing in the "free" market, so it was a lot of nodding agreement and re-enforcement on those issues. We did share personal information though, and got to know each other. That was great, and I see he was concerned about me and the rattlesnakes. I guess I tell good stories, but I have met a few. I told him how when that buzzzz goes off, the movie theaters with their surround sound have nothing on the rattlesnakes buzz - it just surrounds you, and you can't see anything moving and you can't tell where the sound is coming from. I told him I had just bought a pair of leather hiking boots, so hopefully a strike would get the boot and not me. I am seeing snakes because I am building trails, but most people will never see a snake if they stay on the trails. The snakes feel you coming (vibrations) from a long way away and try to hide or get out of the way. I have passed within 3 feet of a snake and not seen it because they blend in so well with their surroundings. It was only when I stopped and started to change direction that the snake got nervous and started to buzz, or I would have never known he was there. They eat the lizards and the bats.

It was really neat meeting another Stoolie, and we do need to have a Left Coast ASS meeting in Las Vegas so all of us can get the chance to see who our fellow Stoolies are. I would like the chance to meet all of you. I think the New York meeting was a success, and we could have a successful meeting here on the left coast, too.

I'm sure N. Ron and I will see each other again. That was fun. :rolleyes:

...Let me ask if I may? 178,000 ballots Mistakenly Filled Out.

That I don't understand.

patriot.

Florida voting- Past Results

All told about 6.1 million people cast ballots in Florida. According to the Florida Task Force report there were 179,855 blank or spoiled ballots; this includes uncertified results from 3 counties. The Miami Herald, in its post-election analysis, examined 176,087 uncounted ballots: 111,261 overvotes and 64,826 undervotes, while. USA Today examined 171,908 untabulated ballots: 111,261 overvotes and 60,647 undervotes. The Florida Ballots Project suggests a total of around 172,000. However, all these numbers depend on what is counted. For example in some of the larger counties there were "trays and trays" of absentee ballots where, for example, the signatures didn't match, that didn't get counted.

Vanishing Votes

Take Gadsden County. Of Florida's sixty-seven counties, Gadsden has the highest proportion of black residents: 58 percent. It also has the highest "spoilage" rate, that is, ballots tossed out on technicalities: one in eight votes cast but not counted. Next door to Gadsden is white-majority Leon County, where virtually every vote is counted (a spoilage rate of one in 500).

How do votes spoil? Apparently, any old odd mark on a ballot will do it. In Gadsden, some voters wrote in Al Gore instead of checking his name. Their votes did not count.

Harvard law professor Christopher Edley Jr., a member of the Commission on Civil Rights, ? dug into the pile of tossed ballots and, deep in the commission's official findings, reported this: 14.4 percent of black votes--one in seven--were "invalidated," i.e., never counted. By contrast, only 1.6 percent of nonblack voters' ballots were spoiled.

Florida's electorate is 11 percent African-American. Florida refused to count 179,855 spoiled ballots. [This] indicates that 54 percent, or 97,000, of the votes "spoiled" were cast by black folk, of whom more than 90 percent chose Gore. The nonblack vote divided about evenly between Gore and Bush. Therefore, had Harris allowed the counting of these ballots, Al Gore would have racked up a plurality of about 87,000 votes in Florida--162 times Bush's official margin of victory.

Section 5.1 - Polling Place Rules

Vote Spoilage

Voters using more accurate electronic machines and who have courteous assistance and a helpful hand are much less likely to have their vote spoiled.[?b] In Ohio, if you make a mistake and "spoil" your paper ballot, you have the right to receive another ballot and vote. You cannot receive more than three ballots. 11

ELECTION REFORM

Although no historical data have been recorded about the number of ?spoiled? ballots in previous elections, it is well known that there

have always been hundreds, often thousands, of ballots which could not be tabulated in a final count. Spoiled ballots include ?overvotes?

(more than one candidate is selected), ?undervotes? (no selection is made for an office), and punch cards with ?hanging? or ?dimpled?

chads. In the 2000 election, however, what seemed to be an inordinate number of ballots were ?thrown out? and not counted. Some examples:

? 63,271 in Texas

? 46,798 in Michigan

? 30,000 in Massachusetts

? 150,000 in Illinois

? 17,060 in New Mexico

? 179,855 in Florida

I have heard it the idea advanced that ?people who are too stupid to fill out a ballot shouldn?t be allowed to vote?- By what measure shall that be determined- IQ? a form-filling-out aptitude test? Possibly property-owners would be adept at filling out forms...

A question- for which I do not need an answer: do you believe that the Republican party as it exists now (as constututed of those who hold decisive power, & characterized by the behavior of those same) is the same (upholds similar values, standards, pursues similar goals) as that 40-50 years ago? I believe Goldwater (not to mention Eisenhower) would have been aghast- in fact I believe he made statements to that effect. It is the Bush Party, now. Don?t have the cover charge? -then get out. Lincoln? Bwahahahahaha!

Archived