B4 The Bell Turdsay October 21st

PeakOil

Link 109 Italian Soldiers dead due to exposure to depleted uranium.  After you have read the article you can click a link to the Italian source.  I wonder how of our guys have been affected.

Depleted Uranium -

The Real Dirty Bombs

Unable to post a link. However, check link blocked.com

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When supposedly educated people, some of whom were career military in the zero corp, will not and cannot fathom how they are being manipulated and controlled, I am amazed at the effects of the propaganda.

Whats zero corp?

I've had a quick look on google and amazon but I'm not sure what type of thing it is so its difficult to refine the search.

Many thanks.

Bush has delusional vote locked up.  This poll shows how frightening a band of True Believers can be.  Historic examples of of blindly following maniacal leaders abound.

Bush Backers Steadfast on Saddam, WMD

Jim Lobe

WASHINGTON, Oct 21 (IPS) - Three out of four self-described supporters of President George W Bush still believe pre-war Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (WMD) or active programmes to produce them, and that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein gave "substantial support" to al-Qaeda terrorists, according to a survey released Thursday.

Moreover, as many or more Bush supporters hold those beliefs today than they did several months ago, before the publication of a series of well-publicised official government reports that debunked both notions

Seventy-five percent of Bush supporters said they believed Iraq was providing "substantial" support to al-Qaeda, with 20 percent asserting Baghdad was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks on New York and the Pentagon.

Sixty-three percent of Bush supporters even believed that clear evidence of such support has been found, and 60 percent believed "most experts" have reached the same conclusion. 

Despite a steady flow over the past year of official statements by foreign governments and public-opinion polls showing strong opposition to the Iraq war, less than one-third of Bush supporters believed that most people in foreign countries opposed Washington having gone to war.

Two-thirds said they believed foreign views were either evenly divided on the war (42 percent) or that the majority of foreigners actually favoured the war (26 percent).

"The roots of the Bush supporters' resistance to information very likely lie in the traumatic experience of 9/11 and equally into the near pitch-perfect leadership that President Bush showed in its immediate wake," he said.

"This appears to have created a powerful bond between Bush and his supporters -- and an idealised image of the president that makes it difficult for his supporters to imagine that he could have made incorrect judgements before the war, that world public opinion would be critical of his policies or that the president could hold foreign-policy positions that are at odds with his supporters."

http://www.ipsnews.net/interna.asp?idnews=25967

When supposedly educated people, some of whom were career military in the zero corp, will not and cannot fathom how they are being manipulated and controlled, I am amazed at the effects of the propaganda.

That said, maybe I should also say that propaganda does not form the delusions

but only assists the individual in becoming self-delusional.

B52 & FB drivers, Brown water navy types, UDT/SEAL types but ironically very few

submarine types. The characteristic common to all is follow orders.....DO NOT QUESTION ANYTHING? Further, I have noted another common theme.....of religious

blind faith....DO NOT QUESTION.

Feed the sheeple please!

Having been married (since divorced) into the family of a former Air Force fighter pilot (Nam) who now lives in that bastion of free thinking, Colorado Springs...flies Glider Tow Planes for the Air Force Academy as a paid hobby, shops at the base commisary for nearly free food, enjoys the benefits of subsidized health care and insurance and a nice pension...it's easy to see how those who were previously indoctrinated into this cult...sucking on the government teet...will blindly follow any path that the military industrial complex endorses.

Needless to say, he and I had some spirited debates. He was Archie Bunker...guess who I was.

Hunter

The link is dead

Have they got to it already?

Thursday 21st October 2004 :

109 Italian Soldiers Dead So Far From DU In Iraq

According to the Italian Military Health Observatory a total of 109 Italian soldiers have died thus far due to exposure to depleted uranium.

The observatory stressed the fact that 41 pct of active personnel casualties relate to disease. According to Domenico Leggiero at the Military Health Observatory, "The total of 109 casualties exceeds the total number of persons dying as a consequence of road accidents.

Anyone denying the significance of such data is purely acting out of ill faith, and the truth is that our soldiers are dying out there due to a lack of adequate protection against depleted uranium".

Leggiero pointed out the fact that the Senate has to date failed to establish a probe committee on this matter: "it is proof of a worrying lack of oversight on matters which are frankly dramatic".

Members of the Observatory have petitioned a urgent hearing "in order to study effective prevention and safeguard measures aimed at reducing the death-toll amongst our serving soldiers". (AGI)

http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=3873

Archived