HedgeHogs Grassoed

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Summoner/Madame WH, yep same prob even from way over here this am, on desktop pc, but back to normal now.

You guys are lucky, my hard drive went missing--lost it all ( :cry: ) and now operating off an external hard drive. (Probably had nothing to do with your problems but saw my opening to complain and whine and took it. :P ).

The Terror is beginning to be ratcheted up again... 1.7 muslims in the US and nothing...

There will be an attack if it is needed and Right now I'm leaning towards London as their political situation seems to be in more danger...

The obliteration of South Korea is also a possibility...

Also a buz about a big Gaza operation in Oct...

The "real authorities" are diabolical beyond the average human beings understanding.

I try to stick to the pure mechanics of FRB but following the money trails will destroy your mind...I understand why pits of burning diesel seems so outlandish to most.

Ultimately fear is what is used to keep us in line...It reduces the ability to think straight...

An attack of some sort would silence the critics effectively if managed properly...and everything could be blamed on it...

It would be the point of no return...

I forgot about Chechnya it was the first war in history between Nuclear armed opponents...

PS This market cant go down unitil enough bears have been burnt.

Perhaps some one should invent a "Burnt Bear" indicator????

It is my belief that much of the market's rise since June has been due to hedgehogs closing shorts and going long. The premise of the "burnt bear" scenario (which certainly is true for highly shorted individual stocks, like eBay) is that disproportionate short interest represents a "pool" of would-be bulls, and that squeezes of said group would constitute fuel for further upside.

I contend that the complexity of dynamic hedging strategies, including the fact that 95% of all derivative transactions are "off the books", limits the usefulness of many statistics, eg. P/C ratio. Momentum and cycle indicators are more useful from my viewpoint, at this stage, and many of these are indicating tops or downside.

The price of the market is dependent on the amount of money in it; future market prospects depend on future cash inflow prospects. Of all the events which could suck significant $ out of the market in the near future (esp. USD collapse), the positive contribution of closed short positions has essentially run it's course, IMHO.

Agree. Also public switching 401K money from bond funds (after sharp drop there) to stock funds might have mostly run its course now. Same with Ditech money chasing stocks, that has been cut off at the source.

Archived