Kudlow Scores

RAYOK-You have been on my list-for a long time-How did you get the idea you weren't??? All the luck in the world to you! Mark-that was a great link-but read it again-he doesn't say up till yr end he says DOWN NOW! He points out world events have taken over and an impulse wave down has replaced the corrective wave. Trade Safe!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aussie Bear-Buying any kind of GOLD is a good thing-but GOLD shares will appreciate more than the metal itself. e.g.-you own a kilo bar-gold goes up 10 bucks your increase is $350.-.the same outlay will buy you 1,000 share of GG a $10.- move in Gold- stock up at least a buck or $1,000.-. Trade Safe!

Mark, I've said it before and I'll say it again - be careful with SYMC. It's probably the strongest stock among the stocks of security and anti-virus related companies. Heck, it's one of the strongest stocks on the NDX!

Sure, it's an overvalued POS - its P/E is 59. But at least it has a P/E! Most other security and anti-virus companies don't have an E for a meaningful P/E...

There ought to be safer stocks to short... Sure, it can correct to 40 - or even to 36, if you're lucky - but is it really worth the risk when there are much weaker stocks around?

Regards,

Vesselin

Mark, I've said it before and I'll say it again - be careful with SYMC. It's probably the strongest stock among the stocks of security and anti-virus related companies. Heck, it's one of the strongest stocks on the NDX!

Sure, it's an overvalued POS - its P/E is 59. But at least it has a P/E! Most other security and anti-virus companies don't have an E for a meaningful P/E...

There ought to be safer stocks to short... Sure, it can correct to 40 - or even to 36, if you're lucky - but is it really worth the risk when there are much weaker stocks around?

Regards,

Vesselin

what does the weighted alpha mean in the table on the link you gave?

also, are the stocks weighted to get to the ndx number?

i sure hope the answer to the first question isnt the second question. :blink:

like Doc I don't belief in nor trade based on "forecasts" alone, but I found this amuzing given its triple Scam Week :grin:

http://www.crystalball-forum.com/merlin/index.html

Torah, remember the saying "Friends don't let other friends trade during Op Ex week" ? Good one!

I agree completely with Bontchev and have been pounding that table for awhile (Doc too). Short the sick pups (dogs) not the big boy glams. Doesn't matter how you feel about them, "they" still love them and will prop them. Don't fight a losing battle. You'll just be frustrated to no end. "Bitches!" :lol:

You know I just listened to an interview-with that eminent, raconteur and market pundit-old SmOOOOthie his self-Dr. Stool-Ike was putty in his hands-now if Doc could only teach Ike to speak english! Anyway Doc was great havva listen it's on marketviewtv Trade safe!

Ike's enlish is one helluva lot better than my version of his native language. My respect for Ike is huge- tough enough to write for a financial audience (I know), tougher still to do it in your own voice (I know), must be pants-pissingly scary in your second or third language (I can only imagine).

Vesselin:

I agree, SYMC and INTU have been dangerous shorts. However, that may be precisely why most shorts will stay away this time around.

Same with ERTS and TTWO, but they finally cracked.

I actually think that the Supermodels are even more dangerous, since everybody is locking on to those stocks firmly in a downtrend.

I'll be watching SYMC like a hawk. If it goes above $43, I'm outta there.....

What a market, huh??

So many short squeezes.

So many surprises.

Sometimes I'm tempted to close all shorts and just play the gold stocks on the long side, or even find short squeeze plays on the techs....

Mark, I've been having the same thoughts, especially after giving back so many chips on the October madness. The fact is that our bear scenario requires lower stock prices, a lower US Dollar, and higher metals prices. Of these categories, the stock plays take the bulk of my time, and account for the bulk of my misery. While most of my trades are profitable, the few losers tend to be 180 degree mistakes. Stop loss stop loss stop loss stop loss stop loss. But, if we are correct, metals will make many of our dreams come true.

Tanks for the kind words stoolies. The interview Doc's Interviewis live here.

If you participate in other message boards, Doc would be most grateful if you spread the word.

Also we have a thread going about the interview over on our Look Out Below forum.

Once again, dungs a lot!

According to Thomson Financial, insider selling is up 125 percent in November to $2,6 billion from $1.2 billion in October. Tech insiders selling increased to $861 million from $244 million, a 250 percent rise. Insider buying is up just 5 percent, to $193 million from $184 million.

Kevin Schwenger, insider research anal cyst with Thomson Financial, said there was about $13.71 in insider selling for each $1 of insider buying last month.

Last month was the first time the insider seller/buyer ratio rose above $10 since June (it was $6.41 in October.)

Judging from the above data, looks like a nice move downward.

Weekly charts of the dow and spx show nice ?M? tops.

Toast city!

CYA

BUDDA-you never disappoint-how about Joe Kernan as a doorman at a cheap hote in Newark! Here's a good play for hungry BEARS. The NDX is rebalancing dec.23rd as we know and throwing out pretty well everything with a tech connection and replacing them with crap like xray and expeditors. Now all those tech dogs they throw out-atml,pmcs,cnxt,amcc plus bio dogs-adrx and sepr etc. will lose all their institutional support as the fundies must buy the ones going in so they will be SELLING these former darlings and SO will I ! Trade Safe!

Archived