Wall Struck Performance

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How does the drop of fibo numbers in the doo-lar equate to what the spx might do?

I respectfully ask that some get a clue. The market will do whatever it wants. If the 1135 area is broken on a closing basis the expect 1175 (the March 2002 highs) if that is broken expect.....

TE

What I said was rhetorical.

Falling buck and MoGauge were supposed to at least halt rally in equities

if not resume the decline.

But we all know what happened particularly over last 2 month when buck

fell from 94 to 87 and NYSE (where foreigners allegedly invest) rallied 10%

TE

What I said was rhetorical.

Falling buck and MoGauge were supposed to at least halt rally in equities

if not resume the decline.

But we all know what happened particularly over last 2 month when buck

fell from 94 to 87 and NYSE (where foreigners allegedly invest) rallied 10%

OK.

Old Habits

I've mentioned gold quite a lot, actually--I currently have 50 2004 July $7 silver calls-I bought em when silver was $4.60--paid $250 each--they traded at $1040 last Thursday--I had 200 gold calls I bought early in 1999-I was holding them when the $84 mini-bull pop in gold happened in the fall of 99--sold half-left a lot on the table...after that I switched to silver--gold call premiums remained outrageous-even though gold went down to $260 & change--silver calls were still somewhat a bargain...

Guest Icky Twerp
OK.

Wow, Like I speculated that some people might even be "front-running" the mo-gauge, but as the Good Doktor said a couple of months ago, (something to the effect of ) "It's stretching the bands, now!".

The mo-guage effect is what I had latched onto as my primary signal, thru the end of the year... I might hang out a little longer, but I hear the siren call of PCRDX, et al . Mebbe some NatGas, too.

Now even Hypertiger is saying 2005. . .

W may get re-elected, but he'll never serve another full term, given that the chickens MUST come home to roost, someday. I predict the recall / impeachment will start in Kalifornia.

In a bull Mkt, bad news is incendiarily bullish-Remember parmalat? Look at Italy on Friday

NO SWEAT

Italy MIBTel ^MIBTEL Jan 2 20,245.00 +323.00 +1.62%

Turkey ISE National-100 ^XU100 Jan 2 19,147.69 +522.67 +2.81%

T-Minus-

Where'd you get that 60% ARM's on new mortgages? That is not correct from what I can see. It's reported at 30% in the latest MBAA weekly report. Still, that's a record. See the current MoGauge report.

About 50% of mortgages are refinancing. Leaving 50% for new mortgages. So 60% of new mortgages are ARMS. 0.30/0.50 Unless they are including refinances in the ARMs count. In which case I made a big oops. Sorry.

"Over dinner when my wife brought up her sisters house"- Soup that must have really hurt... and the mess! Doc-you have been an honorary Hoser for a long time! Interesting that Canada-Eh! and Kaleeefornicate tied for the biggest sources of Stoolies. TE-Gold and the Spoo's were both in a bull market in the run up to the 87 crash. Marky-I agree with YoBob you dreaming Dude. As to the markets couldn't agree more with TE this is the month where it turns or i gotta put them bull horns back on-still stickin with the BEAR case -I'll be shorting a bounce tomorrow with a stop of 1119. Bare you are back- when you went home for xmas we wondered if that old arrest warrant was still valid-apparently not ! From todays New Yawk Times-"Federal Revenues have declined for 3 straight years (2,000 to 2003) while spending has increased more than 20% in the same period to $2.16 Trillion-the last time this happened was the 1920.s-Trade safe! :rolleyes:

Zen- it only costs $380 Million and I note that it says it "won't harm the environment." and "is for the protection of visitors". The wacko Militia's have taken over, when the visitors stop coming what will the airlines do???? Trade safe! B)

But are they going to secure the Canadian and Mexico borders with these new toys? Otherwise what is the point? Maybe more spending is being planned.

In the early nineties, when my work entailed a huge amount of international travel, we used to have an inside joke regarding standing behind people with passports with squiggly writing at Customs & Immigration. It wasn't racist so much as practical: at 10 pm on a Friday night, having been away from home since the previous Sunday afternoon, the last thing you wanted was a slow queue.

These new regulations remind me of the squiggly writing thing.

Since it doesn't affect people with EU passports (because we have visa waivers) my first reaction was that this is bound to be a useless new regulation. After all, any terrorist with an EU passport can circumvent the whole fingerprinting thing. But then I reflected on the lengthy rigamarole I went through last year when I had to renew my own Dutch passport - it included a compulsory 20 minute personal interview with the consul. Presumably Ridge's henchpeople determined that since EU citizens would never agree to being fingerprinted (okay, so I can't speak for all Europeans, but I think I can say with authority that the Dutch would be outraged at the idea), they would just have to accept their passport security procedures as acceptable and leave it at that.

Archived