IDS World Markets Wed 31st October 07

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3rd Q GDP rises 3.9%.  Hurry Ben, we need to speed up growth.  T-bill is hovering around 3.83, I suppose waiting to see if they cut the full point.  :P

619147[/snapback]

"The price index for gross domestic purchases, which measures prices paid by U.S. residents, was up 1.6% in the third quarter,

compared with an increase of 3.8% in the second. Real personal consumption expenditures were up 3%,

more than twice the 1.4% increase in the prior quarter."

I know, I know, that's not inflationary. :blink:

No bottom in sight for financials

This morning Moody downgraded Carina CDO

AAA Tranche --->B2

Aa2 Tranche --->B3

And, on watch for further credit downgrades! No one notch BS from premium to junk in a single motion. $0.85 (which was bad enough to trigger writedowns) --> $0.15 (which is close enough to zero to just call it a complete loss after comms and 'friction').

3rd Q GDP rises 3.9%.  Hurry Ben, we need to speed up growth.  T-bill is hovering around 3.83, I suppose waiting to see if they cut the full point.  :P

619147[/snapback]

How on earth can they cut?

619148[/snapback]

must be all that fictitious paper that has been created driving the economy higher...

Where can I get some of that funny money?

619147[/snapback]

How on earth can they cut?

619148[/snapback]

The same way they packaged sub prime debt crap, called it sunshine and then off loaded the risk into outer space.

THEY can do whatever they want. :(

These two posts make a fascinating juxtaposition, don't they?

No bottom in sight for financials

This morning Moody downgraded Carina CDO

AAA Tranche --->B2

Aa2 Tranche --->B3

And, on watch for further credit downgrades! No one notch BS from premium to junk in a single motion. $0.85 (which was bad enough to trigger writedowns) --> $0.15 (which is close enough to zero to just call it a complete loss after comms and 'friction').

619150[/snapback]

needless to say, that sell signal on the Qs whipsawed.

Again.

What else is new.

Ignore all sell signals for now.

619151[/snapback]

619147[/snapback]

IMO, if the Fed cuts more than 25bps, that'll be the tell that the credit crisis is much more important to them than price inflation and the (short term) trend in the USD.

A cut of 50bps or more says the Fed acknowledges that somebody's in trouble and things are getting critical (as we are aware indicated by declining ABX numbers). :ph34r:

25bps on FFR and DR gives us a pop and puke, depending on the tone of the FOMC comments. :blink:

Archived