Toilet Paper Prize

Alaska's Only Elephant Will Have Her Own Treadmill

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Nov. 1) - Animal handlers agonized over the issue for more than a year: the wisdom of moving Alaska's only elephant away from the only home she has ever known.

Nine elephant experts were consulted from zoos and animal parks in the United States and Canada, and a decision was made: Maggie stays.

The 22-year-old African elephant will continue to reside at the Alaska Zoo - instead of going to a warmer climate - with the understanding that her accommodations will be improved and she'll have to maintain a busy schedule, including aerobic workouts on an elephant treadmill . . .

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hedgehogs, and the royal flush.

---------------------------------------

General wonderings about Hedgehog land...

The VIX has been below 20 for most of the year.

Could this have any relation to the proliferation of hedgehogs?

If these hedgehogs are really market neutral, then what positions are they taking?

You can?t expect me to believe that it?s all arbitrage!

Get real ? you can only arb to the point of absorbing the identified imbalance. More money does not help when you already have enough to completely buy/sell the least liquid leg. Inflows into these hedgehogs must be simply driving down the total return of the funds.

If it's market neutral does not mean arbitrage, then....

Perhaps the VIX is being depressed by ?market neutral? non arb positions held by these unregulated ?investment? funds.

Can we assume then that the positions held *could* be directionally market neutral [within bounds], but perhaps not volatility neutral? [i.e. major shorting of derivatives pushing down implied volatility, as shown by the VIX].

So then, we may be in a situation where the direction of the market [within bounds] may not be as critical as a spike in implied volatility? :shocked

Well,

Well,

Well,

This should be an interesting day.

Breakouts galore.

Downtrends broken

All 2004 was just a corrective wave 4 of sorts, and we are now witnessing the beginning of Wave 5 of the rally that began in Oct 2002.

Damn.

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool. It's in your Anals daily. Take a subscribatory and download the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

Machinehead,

Consider the fact that most of the spec longs in 10yr futures were most probably hedge funds.

Consider the fact that they had a multiyear record net long position in those contracts.

Consider the fact that they probabkly now have to all get out.

Their cash levels were already high.

Where do you think they-re gonna go now, at least for a while ?

Bonds down, stocks up..... sheesh

regardless of whether one is long or short, this whole think makesw me want to puke

Breakouts everywhere, worldwide.

There were many questions about how many HedgeFunds were short the market, and how much cash was sitting on the sidelines awaiting the election results.

Now we have our answer.

Believe what you see, and go with it.

This last orgy may last a week, it may last a month.

Who knows??

Shorting the market will have to wait for awhile.

My take is that the drug stocks will benefit the most from a Bush victory.

That's where my money is going this morning.

Congratulations to our President. I'm not going to be a crybaby. He has my full support.

post-3-1099487841.gif

Archived