No Longer Science Fiction

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SMegH up 3.5% pre-market. As I reported yesterday on IDS the SMegH was calling up all day. Unfortunately I left a lot of money on the table when I tried to finesse my entry with a limit order. Was too good a set-up for that. I had 3 chances and missed every one. I chased, a bit, and was denied. Still, would not have held long overnight anyway. Today's a new day with new ops and new set-ups. Hate starting with a gap opening, though. Hardest days to trade.

MUSE: Just musing at all that I see. Maybe, what is coming is the move that puts everybody on the same side of the ship. What would be necessary is a sizeable decline in gold, silver and PMS, fall in bonds, retracement of the US$ and continued rallying in the SM. Then, slowly bit by bit the participants begin to realise that it's over and a new and dark time will commence.

After lurking here since inception I have finally decided to join the fray. Listening to crapvision this morning brought back memories of an episode I taped for the archives back in February of 2000. NOTHING HAS BEEN LEARNED. The most extrodinary transfer of wealth in the history of the planet is running unabated with the full support of the fed, the administration and the media. The family of stoolies assembled here, has helped me maintain my sanity through what has been a shortsellers nightmare this past year. For this I am eternally grateful. I fully believe a big part of the reason we have entered bubble 2 is because of the pension liability 10 sigma event that was staring corporate America in the face last year. The pension issue had to be repaired. It seems this manipulated runup in the markets is having the desired effect. However,with non pro forma valuations at hysterical extreames I am convinced "they" will fail. The question is, Its not knowing what will happen but WHEN? Hang in there stoolies, your seeing the world for what it really is helping many like myself.

WECOME!

Pensions :ph34r: dark times ahead IMO

Lock limit post-

"big part of the reason we have entered bubble 2 is because of the pension liability 10 sigma event that was staring corporate America in the face last year. The pension issue had to be repaired. It seems this manipulated runup in the markets is having the desired effect. "

Thank you Lock Limit- in the context of your comment, the limited choices afforded in most pension plans make strategic "sense" in that all are doomed to fail in a kind of roulette scheme. investors will blame themselves, not the systemization of markets presented to them when they make the wrong "choices." Billions in corporate retirement liability can vanish "safely" as did in 2000-2001 and most investors will not realize that theywere handed a preloaded gun will all the chambers loaded.

Question: Why would silver get smacked on the basis of a recovering economy?

That doesn't sit right. Presumably, silver demand is linked to economic expansion.

If this recovery is for real, why would silver tank right now?

How many guesses do you need?

Question:  Why would silver get smacked on the basis of a recovering economy?

That doesn't sit right.  Presumably, silver demand is linked to economic expansion.

If this recovery is for real, why would silver tank right now?

How many guesses do you need?

Rhetorical questions don't need many guesses. :P :D

Welcome....

I believe you're right about the Pension Repair Plan....However, when the Pensions are made whole, what difference will it make when a cup of coffee costs $30.00 a cup.....

To further highlight this point, the Wall Street Journal today has a story that the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. is running a $8.8 billion deficit, up from $3.6 billion last year.

Quoting from the GAO, "Weakness in the airline and auto industries may threaten the viability of the PBGC, as these two industries are undefunded by $86 billion." :o :o

Let's face it, reflation has it warts, and it will cause problems eventually down the road, but not until 2005-06 or so is my guess.

In other words, sometime after the election?

I guess the goal is to prop up the market, which is the econmy, and trot out Bin Laden and Hussein from the deep freeze!

Archived