Alien Hunters Finally Get Some Respect

. . . after four decades of frequent ridicule, the astronomers seeking signs of life in the heavens are gaining some respect. Since 1960, when Tarter?s colleague Frank Drake first pointed a radio telescope at a pair of nearby stars in hopes of dialing in an alien broadcast, there have been about 100 searches for E.T. signals.

No space aliens have been found.

But new planets have. Astronomers have located more than 100 outside our solar system since the first was discovered in 1995.

Whether those distant worlds teem with life, much less intelligent life, remains unknown. But each new discovery further energizes the search for E.T. . . .

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg's best birthday joke ever.............

A retired Scotish Air-Marshal was invited to talk to a young student class studying the war.

He told the class the story about a morning patrol where he had been nearly shot down.

"We ha been up for about 20 minutes flying over enemy held territory, when we noticed, just in time, 3 fokkers diving on us from above."

At the first mention of `fokkers' the class giggled a little bit.

"Ur group broke formation, and began the dog-fightin'. 2 more fokkers a-coming at us from above and 2 more fokkers, freshly re-arhmed, ha come to join the battle from below".

At this second and third mention of `fokkers' the entire class was laughing openly. Irritated, the prim teacher interrupted the story to ask the Air Marshal to explain to the class that a 'fokker' was a particular type of plane flown by the German Air Force.

He replied, "Ya, dat is true, but these fokkers were Messerschmidts".

:o

I stated yesterday that I thought the move back up from 1021 was a fake one.....today will hopefully be the day that proves it. Looking for at least 1010 on a swing trade....

Knowing my timing at the moment it will - after it reaches 1070 first!!!

Archived