Day of Infamy UNCH

Ags, don't get too discouraged. If your thing is not political action, then maybe you can just go for a run and get some of the frustration out of your body.

When I get really upset, I find it very therapeutic to just pick something up and smash it, just channel all the fury into the object and trash it. Just make sure it is not human or too expensive, though, and try not to let anyone else witness the event. It also helps alot if you scream uncontrollably when throwing the tamptrum. Afterwards, you will feel much better.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
May I remind everyone that we have Congressional elections coming up in less than a year. So all of us who don't like the folks we have in Congress have some time to find more suitable candidates, as I am trying to do. I would like a candidate who would pledge to accept no Special Interest Group campaign contributions, someone who has a reputation in the community for being honest and for doing real public service. I want someone who cares more about Main Street than about GS bonuses. I don't want to "Just say No" and just vote out the incumbent. I want someone worth saying Yes to. Who knows? The public could get somewhere, if enough people get tired enough of Benny, Timmy and their defenders in Congress, to actually be moved to do something about them.

Ags, don't get too discouraged. If your thing is not political action, then maybe you can just go for a run and get some of the frustration out of your body. You are bright and caring and deserve good things. I am sure you can find some constructive action to take that will help you to feel better, even if it is just for yourself and/or your friends and family, and not anything political or wide-ranging. And the same for other Stoolies who may be getting discouraged. Call me an eternal optimist, but I think it is possible to work some of these things out. And I think we all need to take good care of ourselves, because we are the kind of bright caring folks who could end up helping our various countries and the world to solve the economic problems that face us. So if we don't have the solutions yet (other than Ag's impressive solution to the national debt), we should just care for and preserve ourselves-- go get some exercise or see a funny movie or do something fun like Hanky is doing, skiing out there this week I think-- until such time as thnking constructively about problem-solving becomes possible again.

Maybe I can invent Wall Street Bo Bo dolls....

When I get really upset, I find it very therapeutic to just pick something up and smash it, just channel all the fury into the object and trash it. Just make sure it is not human or too expensive, though, and try not to let anyone else witness the event. It also helps alot if you scream uncontrollably when throwing the tamptrum. Afterwards, you will feel much better.

When I blow up, I feel worse afterward.

We gotta get a top soon. I can't take much more.

iamge51.png

Woods has some kind of subconscious wish to self destruct. So sad.

I feel so bad for his wife.

Same thing happened to Daly -- granted his was and is no TW, but still rocked the house back in his day

One of the tabloid shows had his ex-wife on tonight (ridiculously smokin' hot BTW, waaaaay hotter now that she has a big chunk of his $$$ sans his fat ass on top of her -- go figure)....she said these PGA guys are stalked like game by these groupies.....as per the Trader Joe rock-star, actor analogy mentioned in prior posts....not an excuse mind you...

BUT WHY THE F*** WOULD YOU GET MARRIED IF YOU ARE GOING INTO THAT LIFESTYLE

For cryin' out loud, wait until your testosterone is on the way down.....UGH!

john090607_468x605.jpg

I have the feeling that our country and possibly the world is on a suicidal path. We are in the speeding car racing for the edge of the cliff.

The blatant manipulation of the markets compounded with the continual beating down of the US dollar (rightfully so in my belief) against the backdrop of the healthcare debate and the cost to the populace plus the Coppenhagen Treaty and it's cost to our populace plus the ramp-up or expansion in needless wars far from our country plus the decreasing credit card debt plus the made-up employment numbers and on and on.

We can no longer trust what the people have been told by our medical doctors. And who knows about the long term health effects of our food supply with the consumption of sick cattle feed with GMO feedstock.

Money can be made clearly thanks to the constant patterns used. But what will the future look like?

To expect a different outcome over the short term is truly insanity itself IMO.

The problem is we are either driving at night or in a fog. I know the edge of the cliff and the dangers are in front, but do not know how far ahead it is.

I feel and share the frustration, but take comfort in the corruption of the system. Go figure.

TJ, I hope U R right that the repaid TARP funds are available to be used elsewhere. If we can somehow all pressure the government to use them in some useful ways rather than throwing them down the terlit in some way, that would be good.

Cap,

It's not like this money is coming to back to Uncle Sugar on an incremental basis.

The money was created out of thin air to begin with in order to prop up the aforementioned

That's like you taking out a home equity loan for $1,000, then loaning your brother $1,000. He pays you back a year later and your walk around acting like you're $1,000 richer

In isolation....

Bonds are issued....

People (BWHAHAHA)/foreign banks/the Fed/ et. al. buy the bonds....

The friggin' bonds now need to be repaid

The more I watched the MSM and read posts like this, here and other places -- I am friggin astounded by the fact that people don't know where the money came from in the first place

They think this is incrementally cashflow positive to Uncle Sugar

It was funding created by a friggin' loan (T-bags) backed by the Full Faith and credit of Uncle Sugar ----- read: the tax payments we make to "the Uncle"

Now the loan needs to be repaid.

Ah, but there in lies the rub.

Now that the "goose is loose", i.e., the money is out there and available to be spent with no further congressional action needed -- GOOD LUCK GETTING THEM TO REPAY THE EQUIVALENT AMOUNT OF DEBT THAT ORIGINATED THE TARP $ IN THE FIRST PLACE

iamge51.png

have you read any of stoneleigh's stuff. She has a great way with words..

Gold ownership is very much a double-edged sword. Personally, I think it far more important for those who have surplus resources to put those resources into obtaining as much control as possible over the essentials of their own existence. There are many hard assets one could buy now that may not be available later - assets that you could use to feed yourself, keep yourself warm or provided clean water. This is a much more important use for your wealth than owning something you intend to bury in a hole in the ground and sit on. Gold ownership really only makes sense for those who are wealthy enough not to have to make hard choices between competing priorities. If you can afford to do it all without making compromises, then gold is a good insurance policy. If you are not in such a fortunate position, that kind of insurance may be a luxury you can't afford.

http://theautomaticearth.blogspot.com/

Cap,

It's not like this money is coming to back to Uncle Sugar on an incremental basis.

The money was created out of thin air to begin with in order to prop up the aforementioned

That's like you taking out a home equity loan for $1,000, then loaning your brother $1,000. He pays you back a year later and your walk around acting like you're $1,000 richer

In isolation....

Bonds are issued....

People (BWHAHAHA)/foreign banks/the Fed/ et. al. buy the bonds....

The friggin' bonds now need to be repaid

The more I watched the MSM and read posts like this, here and other places -- I am friggin astounded by the fact that people don't know where the money came from in the first place

They think this is incrementally cashflow positive to Uncle Sugar

It was a friggin' loan backed by the Full Faith and credit of Uncle Sugar ----- read: the tax payments we make to "the Uncle"

Yup yup and yup. The federal treasury is .. a treasury.

Something about borrowing, lending rolling... All that stuff...

TARP repayment may influence rates a tiny bit, [slightly less iSSuance] butt, snot income.

Reamtire some t-bones.

The saga continues in a shocker. Tiger's wife Elin apparently has had enough and has moved out. Will the world ever be the same?

Linkage

All those sports superstar wives know what comes with the territory. I view this as a cynical PR move, now that she's got the new pre-nup. Tiger will announce he's going into "therapy" for his "problem," they will reconcile, and his endorsement contracts will be saved.

Archived