B4 The Bell, Moonday,October 11

I think Kerry will win eventually but I see it going to the Supreme Court again. Doesn't matter tho -there would be a Sayonora Rally if Kerry wins until the realization sets in that he has just been named Capt. of the Titanic!

Supreme Corral shootout- I give it a virtual certainty, whichever side "wins" -heh- what the F do they think they're winning? Win in Iraq? Would someone inform me what the hell that means? Do we get a DU trophy...

...just been named Capt. of the Titanic!

What could he be thinking? Can it be he just..... means well? /chortle...

great posts this weekend, tonight, all. Great forum, Brian.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned the SF prices this weekend. Where do you live Agent? I'm in the Marina district.

I can attest to the premium gas requirement. I was leasing a Boxster when I first moved here. So glad to be rid of that financial drain! I take the bus to work now. :blink:

Outer Sunset. I take Muni everywhere. I do not have a car since an idiot driver rear-ended me in 2001. It saves tons of money, no insurance, no gas. But then I have a Lotus Elise on order, so I will be paying $3 per gallon gas next year.

Looks like a fancy version of the MR2 Spyder I used to drive. Should be fun as hell!

Re the Concord Coalition and the deficit:

Guys - Congress can tell the Pentagon to cough up the missing 3.1 trillion dollars they stole to build an unfunded unapproved star wars system and pay off the whole damn thing. there is another trillion out there in unpaid taxes on offshore corporate accounts. President Kerry can push legislation to declare offshore corporate accounts criminal and lay millions in fines for noncompliance. think they won't do it? when the government goes broke they will.

I mentioned the SF prices this weekend. Where do you live Agent? I'm in the Marina district.

I can attest to the premium gas requirement. I was leasing a Boxster when I first moved here. So glad to be rid of that financial drain! I take the bus to work now. :blink:

Outer Sunset. I take Muni everywhere. I do not have a car since an idiot driver rear-ended me in 2001. It saves tons of money, no insurance, no gas. But then I have a Lotus Elise on order, so I will be paying $3 per gallon gas next year.

Looks like a fancy version of the MR2 Spyder I used to drive. Should be fun as hell!

Thanks. light weight and pretty good gas milage. yes I am delutional and should not waste money on a toy.

With heating oil so short on supply, I'm thinking propane will rally. Propane is far more short on supply then heating oil. Add some new demand to the picture and propane could really explode higher.

It's all too funny to think that most all folks think this is just a short term situation.

Sorry, but were maxed out!

;)

Business has been brained washed by our government and media into thinking peak oil is a temporary situation, and therefore they have held back passing along increased energy costs for fear of reversing retail price increases later. Take away strong earnings from the energy sector, and year over year earnings for most companies are only holding about the same as a year ago - mostly because of layoffs, outsourcing, and financial zaitsu.

Outside of a significant recession, energy problems are just not going to go away.

Since the early 90's, Detroit has massed produced diesel engines for light duty trucks.

Folks that need heating oil are now in direct conflict with the demand of, on road- low Sulfur diesel. (soon to be ultra-low diesel ) Now we have the railroad fighting for every drop. And finally, the Airlines.

Build a refinery? Ok.. sure but where's the pipeline for the upstream & downstream.

We have problems, serious problems that will take Federal & State regulators to fix,& we all know how all of that works out in the end. :o

If things don't cool off pretty soon, I can imagine that the container for the laundry soap will cost more then the soap does.

Gas last week was about $2.06 to $2.07 per gallon.  Today I noticed that it increased at a lot of stations to about $2.17 to $2.19.  Some stations have not yet posted the increase, so it appears.  I passed a couple of higher priced stations and filled up at $2.07 even though my tank was half full.  Looks like the public is about to get more pumped up. :wink2:
The most expensive gasoline was sold in San Diego, where self-serve regular was $2.35 a gallon. The cheapest was in Houston, where self-serve regular was $1.84.

anal cyst: Gas Prices Jump With Oil Prices

Well if Houston is the cheap end @ 1.84, then I wonder what SLC should be considered when ULR sells for 1.79.

I just knew there was only 49 states.

Thanks. light weight and pretty good gas milage. yes I am delutional and should not waste money on a toy.

Mid-forties, are we? Hell, my solution to the conundrums of that age was to wrap my relationship w/ SO around a tree (figuratively). A Lotus sounds much more sane. :lol:

Thanks.  light weight and pretty good gas milage. yes I am delutional and should not waste money on a toy.

Mid-forties, are we? Hell, my solution to the conundrums of that age was to wrap my relationship w/ SO around a tree (figuratively). A Lotus sounds much more sane. :lol:

Not yet. I am 37. The car can do 0-60 in 4.7 seconds stock. There are guys working on a supercharger that will drop it down to about 3.7s. I think I may crash into a tree before I wrap myself around one.

Pakistan tests 'nuclear' missile

Pakistan has tested a medium-range nuclear-capable missile which could hit targets deep in neighbouring India.

A Pakistani official said the test was not intended to send any message to its nuclear-armed neighbour.

The Hataf-V Ghauri missile has a range of 1,500 kilometres (930 miles) and can carry nuclear warheads

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3735380.stm

LCD makers feel price pinch

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 Posted: 0544 GMT (1344 HKT)

SEOUL, South Korea (Reuters) -- Shares in Asian liquid crystal display makers sank Tuesday after LG.Philips LCD, the industry's number two, reported a surprisingly large fall in profits and warned of a further slide in flat-screen prices.

LG.Philips led the decline, dropping almost 9 percent in Seoul to 32,850 won, 4.8 percent below the price at which it sold shares in July in a $1 billion initial public offering.

After the market closed on Monday, the screen maker reported a 15 percent fall in third-quarter profits because of tumbling LCD prices and warned a global supply glut could push prices down by another third.

"With the fourth quarter not looking good (for LCD makers), we are looking to see when the earnings will bottom out," said Kim Young-il, head of equity management at KB Asset Management Co.

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/BUSINESS/10/12/korea.lcd.reut/

Back from Stockholm just in time for the party!

Nikkei down 150 and all other markets down too.

Oil is up over $1 ($54.35) as I write this and the futures just crapped so badly that CNBS was forced to put phony numbers on the screen to keep up appearances, until they finally had to admit that:

"the futures numbers are actually far worse than those we has been showing in our bug on the screen, and we apparently are having some technical difficulties so we won't be showing the futures numbers until we can get that fixed."

Maybe they will have it fixed in November.

Today is going to be BIG.

Re the Concord Coalition and the deficit:

Guys - Congress can tell the Pentagon to cough up the missing 3.1 trillion dollars they stole to build an unfunded unapproved star wars system and pay off the whole damn thing. there is another trillion out there in unpaid taxes on offshore corporate accounts. President Kerry can push legislation to declare offshore corporate accounts criminal and lay millions in fines for noncompliance. think they won't do it? when the government goes broke they will.

Let's just see who's ox gets gored first.

Archived