Breakout or Fakeout?

Well the Christie rhetoric in NJ is heating up

NJ budget gap for the next fiscal year is estimated to be $9.5B, on a 2010-2011 budget of $29B.....err, or something to that effect

Christie's two points thus far:

[1] Expect state budget cuts of up to 25%

[2] Taxes & fees will not be raised

The unions are already sowing the seeds for increased taxes, as in, "There is no way forward without raising taxes"

Christie's retort: "They think we can't do this without raising taxes. Well, they are wrong. I will not raise taxes, but we will be cutting spending"

This is setting up to be EPIC

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well the Christie rhetoric in NJ is heating up

NJ budget gap for the next fiscal year is estimated to be $9.5B

Christie's two points thus far:

[1] Expect state budget cuts of up to 25%

[2] Taxes & fees will not be raised

The unions are already sowing the seeds for increased taxes, as in, "There is no way forward without raising taxes"

Christie's retort: "They think we can't do this without raising taxes. Well, they are wrong. I will not raise taxes, but we will be cutting spending"

This is setting up to be EPIC

the latest estimate for California is that we're $20 billion in the hole. This is also an election year, so the pundits think that the politicians will work very hard at... doing nothing that will upset their voting blocks. A $20 billion shortfall I think puts us at a budget of $70 billion for fiscal year 2010-2011. Good luck with that. Tax receipts continue to fall every month.

State budget deficits combined with a renewed decline in the stock market will be devastating if the decline starts again in 2010. Unions continue to enjoy all their perks like Shorty says. I don't know how the state will do it this time, last year they used alot of smoke and mirrors that they supposedly can't do again. We'll see.

Most of the major california cities are hurting badly too. Same reasons... too much money going to employees, and too much gravy going to people who do nothing useful. Eventually that will have to change.

Check out the FAA Throws a $5 Million Christmas Party story at the link below (about half way down the ABC page)

ABC.com

...and then realize that the top salary for many of these 3,600 FAA "Managers"...err Jerkoff's...is upwards of $200,000 per year, plus pension, plus benefits...etc etc etc (Controllers, the one's actually "doing something" are paid as much as $150,000 per year)

Your tax dollars at work.

I mean really, other than the FAA (Uncle Sugar) would anyone here pay any one of these "bags" $200,000 a year plus a few million in pension and retiree health care beni's

Someone's got to go out and start spending to revive the economy

"Undercover video to be broadcast tonight on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer shows FAA managers drinking heavily and making the rounds of Atlanta bars after a day of meetings"

it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

from an email I got:

Dear Friend of Liberty,

Trillions of dollars are being stolen from the U.S. taxpayer.

Right now, you and I are seeing the worst plundering of a country’s wealth in the history of civilization, led by an out of control Federal Reserve.

But together you and I CAN put a stop to it all. :rolleyes:

Today, nearly 13 TRILLION in taxpayer dollars in bailouts and loans has been agreed to by Congress, the Bush and Obama Treasury Departments, and the out of control Fed.

So is it really any wonder more and more folks are starting to realize the Washington, D.C. establishment is hurtling us toward complete economic disaster?

Just recently, the Federal Reserve told Congress “NO WAY” when asked to account for $2 TRILLION in taxpayer-backed loans!

Well, why do you think they refused?

They know coming clean with Congress and the American people on how they doled out that two TRILLION dollars would result in an anti-Fed firestorm.

So can you imagine the impact of a full-scale audit? You and I will finally be able to show the American people that the Federal Reserve System leads to:

*** Constant economic crises -- the housing crisis and the resulting chaos is just one example of an economic bubble created by centrally-planned interest rates and money manipulation;

*** The destruction of the middle class -- as fuel, food, housing, medical care and education costs soar, everyone who is NOT on the government dole is forced to make do with less as the value of their money slowly decreases;

*** Currency destruction -- history shows us that riots, violence and full-scale police states can result when people finally realize our money isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on and REFUSE to accept it.

And unless you and I do end the madness in Washington, D.C., we may be closer than we’d like to think to learning that history lesson firsthand -- right here in our own streets. :ninja:

post-2457-1261528977.jpg

What was your first clue? :lol:

Give me a little break Doc. Say something on the order of $150 billion this week and next, or more. In other words beyond any previous pace of settlements. You know, the run of the mill hundred billion a month. Yawn. How about $250 billion this month?

Also, I really think there is a big battle going on about QEII. Ben isn't in yet. You know if his support drops into the just barely 60 range Obama could pull the nomination. If the Administration really gets behind the QEII bandwagon votes might just start trending to nay. After all that Q3 GDP number keeps falling like a rock. TJ still thinks he might be toast. Any story you wish to tell about the market next year makes a lot more sense against a backdrop of more QE.

Someone's got to go out and start spending to revive the economy

"Undercover video to be broadcast tonight on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer shows FAA managers drinking heavily and making the rounds of Atlanta bars after a day of meetings"

it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.

It is a shame that they did not capture any footage of the FAA managers doing their pre-flight checklists or getting into a cockpit for their flights home. How could they miss that unless ABC news had a news cycle deadline to make.

from an email I got:

Dear Friend of Liberty,

And unless you and I do end the madness in Washington, D.C., we may be closer than we’d like to think to learning that history lesson firsthand -- right here in our own streets. :ninja:

There's enough circus and bread in the US to numb down any feelings of revolt.

Archived