Ah ha !!!

The reason for the ramp in RMIX revealed

Sympathy rally

John Paulson: My fund has never been so long 12/8/09 (TraderJoe: If I'm not mistaken, that's what she said)

"We still find a lot of compelling long investments on the equity side," he said, citing specifically Bank of America, U.S. cable-television giant Comcast Corp, and Germany's HeidelbergCement AG.

So he can't get longer any longer? :wacko: Thence shorten his longs he must.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madness, here are some more statistics continuing on the SPU discussion during the day.

Looking ONLY at the period of October 29 through cash close today (a total of 29 trading days), there were 16 days during which the LOD was set after the HOD, and there were 13 days when the HOD was set after the LOD. For those 13 days with the HOD after LOD, all closed with the SPU being in the upper 2/3 of the day's trading range.

Surprisingly to me, of the 16 days during which the LOD was after the HOD, only 6 of the 16 had the SPU close in the lower .4 of the day's trading range (5 in the lower 1/3). This also means that 24 out of the 29 days the SPU closed in the top 2/3 of the daily trading range. And a goodly number of those days had a requisite 10 SPU point bounce from the LOD.

There was not a single instance WITHIN this time period of two days in a row with the close being in the lower 1/3 of the day's trading range.

I do not care if the game is rigged. All I care about is understanding the real rules of the game.

So the fact that we are or at least were 40 SPU point down from the peak just does not matter to my intraday trading. There is just a high probabilty of late that when the SPU is near the LOD that by the end of the day it is going to bounce and that bounce will typically be 10 SPU points from the LOD (I do not normally capture the full 10 pts).

There is also a high probabilty that if a close is in the lower 1/3, then the next day it will be within the upper 2/3 of the day's trading range.

This is little more than finding the trading pattern based on the longer term trend as far as I am concerned.

I am in no way saying that this pattern will continue next week, next month, or even tomorrow. That is why I am looking for something that indicates a change in market character, such as two low closes in a row. Right now the character of the market is that of a scam artist orchestrated by a Ponzi/Maddoff type.

It is easy for the market to go up when there are the liquidity trades, low volume with few sellers, and Goldman Sachs and others being able to buy and sell to themselves. If something brings in selling from outside the clique, then the market may have a significant and lasting drop. But until then ...?

Archived