B4 The Bell, Moonday,October 18

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems that the physical gold slam did not have as much punch as usual. I think the next leg down will move gold to the 50 day MA at 410. I will stick with the call for a BBH move to 140. It came within 83 cents today. Still think one more move up then down starting tomorrow around 10:30.

Will also stick with trannies move to 3400 tomorrow since we are only 17 points away then down also. I was also in the camp regarding a gap and crap but maybe with a twist just to screw with everyones brain. How about a gap open with a strong down move to fill the gap at 10 then a strong up to 10:30 then bombs away!!

Any thoughts?

Turk

Why doesn't someone ask how much money Theresa Heinz Kerry gives away to worthy causes every year, instead of regurgitating meaningless Repugnicant campaign propaganda.

Not to put too fine a point on it Doc, but she apparently doesn't give away much money at all.

The various Heinz Family charitable trusts DO, but they are seperate entities, constructed for tax and other purposes. There is a big difference between someone giving away their own money and sitting as a member of a TRUST that gives away money.

The Demo's are the one's putting the spin on this, using the words "responsible for" the $4 million + in describing her direction of the charitable donations on behalf of the TRUST. $4 million out of a $1billion or so trust, doesn't seem like much to me.

Part of the controversy is self-inflicted because she is exercising her rights to privacy and not really fully disclosing her financial affairs.

Anyway, isn't the real issue about Kerry himself? Here's some scary stuff for those that would like to see Kerry win, (which includes me.)

In all, taking into account losses from investments, Kerry reported a total 2003 income of $395,338. His total federal tax bill was $90,575. He had $27,277 of that withheld from his paychecks and paid the rest, $63,298, with his tax return.

Kerry reported giving $43,735, or about 11 percent of his total income, to charity. That significant level of giving stands in contrast to his record in the 1990s, in which the issue of the senator's charitable contributions was a source of controversy. In 1995, Kerry reportedly had a taxable income of $126,179, and made charitable contributions of $0. In 1994, he gave $2,039 to charity. In 1993, the figure was $175. In 1992, it was $820, and in 1991, it was $0.

Story

Some blogger went back and tallies up information from public records and came up with this. Don't know the accuracy of it, but find it disquieting, non the less......

Link

post-20-1098152354_thumb.gif

It seems that the physical gold slam did not have as much punch as usual. I think the next leg down will move gold to the 50 day MA at 410. I will stick with the call for a BBH move to 140. It came within 83 cents today. Still think one more move up then down starting tomorrow around 10:30.

Will also stick with trannies move to 3400 tomorrow since we are only 17 points away then down also. I was also in the camp regarding a gap and crap but maybe with a twist just to screw with everyones brain. How about a gap open with a strong down move to fill the gap at 10 then a strong up to 10:30 then bombs away!!

Any thoughts?

Turk

I'm looking for a possible move down in Gold to 405ish worst case and an outside shot under 210 in the HUI to 202-203. Like 410 and 210 better but an overshoot can't be ruled out. Would shake out a lot of skirts too. :D

Why doesn't someone ask how much money Theresa Heinz Kerry gives away to worthy causes every year, instead of regurgitating meaningless Repugnicant campaign propaganda.

the two pages of tax returns provided are FACT - my point was mostly that i'd like to see how she got to the $5M, which is probably why she didnt release the returns in total - what, do you believe she doesnt have them? since when are facts propaganda? facts are facts, there is no issue with the facts? :o Mrs. Kerrey may be very charitable, but i believe when we see her complete returns, it will be "interesting" - i also think cheney being paid by haliburton while VP is a crime and all the other lying, cheating and graft that goes on - none of these guys leave D.C. and starve.... look at the 5% corp tax rate (cut) recently passed; tax cuts for Nascar track owners, $10B for tobacci farmers, and all the rest - i mean give me a break - do you think they will give Doc Stool a 5% FED tax rate, or Pee Brain. my post was really non-partisan - the little guy, the non-special interest J6P is getting screwed - as always. i bet there are guys on this site, and that have since left, that dont pay much less than her and with a lot less income too. a billionaire pays $650,000 in FED TAXES and all you can see is proganda? that is part of the problem, its either liberal or conservative or 'Pub vs. Dem and facts be damned, its all about spin.

she hasnt released the returns, so my guess about how they got to $5M may be totally wrong. maybe she has a ZILLION shares of heinz, a bunch of muni's and gives most of her coin to charity. maybe im the jaded one, but in terms of probablity, i expect to be disappointed by politicos, rich influenctial people and D.C. hypocrits (DC hypocrits is probably redundant).

Yep me too the Dead Sox-live on.. I don't give a shit what mrs. kerry makes it is from her former husband not John kerry.. if you want scandal

look no further than the Idiot Prince and big swinging Dick and Halliburton you closet repubs make me puke, you rail against their wealth but ignore all the Repub hacks who snort at the trough on an ongoing basis, most Ceo's are Criminals who put the Soprano's to shame and who is it that confirms their behavior?? the Idiot prince-that is who! ;)

If my memory is correct, for a small number of years up to 20 years ago, virtually no one could avoid paying some tax even if they held municipal bonds. Now it is perfectly legal to use municipal bonds in some cases to pay no income taxes at all - no matter how much municipal bond interest one earns.

For a couple with two children with wage income, the actual marginal peak tax rates occur from about $120000 to $160000 in annual income. If you make more than that, your marginal tax rate actually goes down. This is because of a great number of "phase-outs" of child tax credits, itemized deductions, plus the alternative minimum tax sneeking in about there, that take effect at about $120000 and up.

As a banker over the last 15 years, with exposure to many private banking clients' tax returns, I can attest that very few pay taxes.

If they pay taxes, they are either stupid or do not have a good enough tax attorney.

The guys who are consistently in the highest tax brackets and pay the most are the small business owners, or mid-sized business owners who didn't invest in enough real estate.

The guys who pay the most taxes are the ones who hire the most employees.

The ultra rich don't hire anyone, other than nannies, maids, gardeners, pool cleaners, and personal assistants.

That's why guys like Kerry and Bush should be taxed the most, and the independent business owner should be taxed the least.

Unfortunately, the ultra rich will always find a loophole, so trying to tax them is almost futile.

Best solution is a flat tax, I think............

sherlock - 'foreigner who speaks German' ... how about

a family that made a fortune selling to the Germans in WW2 - the

Bush's of course.

Depends, your point is well taken.

What my thoughtless Daughter-in-law failed to consider is that our family

heritage is German.

Family Immigrants arrived here in about 1850.

Land owners, farmers, tailors, people totally dedicated to their new life in America.

At some time during WWII, my family stopped speaking German because it

was dangerous to admit to being German. Catholic church services that

had been delivered in German were suddenly switched to English and Latin.

Since German is but one of the languages spoken by Mrs. Kerry,

I was very hurt to think my D-I-Law picked that one to make her point.

My point in bringing this forward is that I am sure that my family is not the

only family that is becoming split apart by racist attitudes/misinformation that is encouraged by the media/administration. As a nation, we seem to be sliding backwards.

Sherlock.. I feel your pain. My in laws are all Bushites, bred Bushites, eat Bushites and shit Bushites.. My husband and I are the black sheep when it comes to our politics. It's reached to the point where I don't even want to be around them..All I can think of is they're contributing to the destruction of America, and my children's future. As it stands, our serious consideration of having to move to another country is very frightening. I have a mother who is of ailing health and I can't imagine having to leave her and the rest of my siblings behind. I don't think I can convince her to leave with us. Both my husband and I are very close to our families and this political devisiveness is bringing us much pains .. :( :( :(

Yep me too the Dead Sox-live on.. I don't give a shit what mrs. kerry makes it is from her former husband not John kerry.. if you want scandal

look no further than the? Idiot Prince and big swinging Dick and Halliburton you closet repubs make me puke, you rail against their wealth but ignore all the? Repub hacks who snort at the trough on an ongoing basis, most Ceo's are Criminals? who put the Soprano's to shame and who is it that confirms their behavior?? the Idiot prince-that is who! ;)

im sorry i make you puke, but i find the hypocracy of bill bennet, compulsive gambler, telling me how to raise my kids and live my life to be an insult. hey, its his dough, so he can lose it all, but its the hypocracy and arrogance that i object to... say someone like limbaugh who rails against lack of morals and then does so much drug that he almost goes deaf - dude, thats gotta be a bad habit & sick mind. if limbaugh wants to take the edge off at denny's, thats fine, just dont talk outta both sides of his mug. same for the married guy, i think he was a Dem, that was shacked up with the hooker at the Watergate - pleassssse! kerrey's wife has alot of money and its hers to do whatever, but dont kite on taxes and then try and portray champion of common man....

B$4, you have questioned my courage and the courage of others, and now you say i make you wanna puke, but if you are honest, you're view is just rabidly prejudice - same with Doc. my comments are not meant to be pro-republican, it is anti-hypocracy.... so lets wait and see the lady's returns - you dont care, but im curious.... i have tended to vote republican, but i cant vote for either bush or kerrey - i cant do it, my vote for someone else will NOT be a wasted vote. kerrey's biggest attraction is that he is not bush, im not sure what bush's attraction could possibly be... we have come to such a point that Nascar owners get special tax break and everyone just accepts it? :o US corps that have used loopholes will be taxed at 5% - dude, i cant see how we get outta this stuff with the little guy getting bent over even farther.

BTW, if you continue to question other mens' courage, you're liable to be called on it someday, but thats your choice. questioning someone's courage on an anonymous message board is in fact cowardly and hypocritical.... i think the moderators should put an end to it, or Doc hinmself... its totally outta line

I?d like to see speaking a (few) foreign language be a requirement to occupy the Oval Orifice (spealing in tongues would not count). Currently occupied by one who has trouble with his native tongue. If one cannot put together a logically constructed sentence, how can one think clearly, grapple with abstractions/ concepts? Oh, wait, its faith-based grammar, my bad. Need not be reality-based.

Is Teresa K. running for office? News to me?

Re: flat tax- how long would it remain ?flat? (?flat? for whom?)? My bet: about one session of Congress. Exceptions would need to be made to ensure continued flow of swill to the troughs.

Charity? Most organized charities appear to be scams. Take a homeless person out to dinner, show some kindness to a stranger, volunteer your time, heart & skills to some cause that helps alleviate suffering, helps people let go attachment. Speak truth to power.

Random brain farts from a grumpy old fart?? :)

Archived