IDS World Markets Wed 8th October 08

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More from the kitchen-sink-hail-mary dept.:

Dozens of real-estate funds and other investors hoping to buy into the $700 billion bailout may need to take on the government as a partner.

One idea being considered by Treasury officials working on the rescue plan is to sell big packages of toxic debt to ventures owned partly by investors and partly by the government, as opposed to selling directly to the private sector, according to executives who have talked to senior government officials.

Of course, the government first has to buy the illiquid assets which have helped to put the financial system into gridlock by tying up the capital of dozens of major financial institutions.

The Treasury hasn't yet determined how it's going to do this or what it's going to pay, although a "reverse auction" is a leading possibility.

But once the Treasury gets its hands on the assets it will be trying to move many of them back to the private sector as quickly as possible. That's where the joint-venture plan comes in.

U.S. May Help Private Funds To Purchase Troubled Assets

In Russia, things are so peachy I may buy some more.

Micex trading was halted at 11:05 a.m. after it fell for a sixth day to the lowest level in almost 3 1/2 years. The suspension will remain in force until Oct. 10, unless regulators say otherwise. The RTS exchange was suspended indefinitely. Trading was halted 10 times in the past three weeks, including today.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...OkCE&refer=home

So if this doesn't work, what next ?  :ph34r:

697237[/snapback]

It's not going to work.

We are going into a black hole.

Those of you who are thinking about going long, or godferbid, actually doing it, better have your 1 minute bar charts up and running.

It's not going to work.

Those of you who are thinking about going long, or godferbid, actually doing it, better have your 1 minute bar charts up and running.

697246[/snapback]

I went long for a bounce on ES over night(went fishing), i think i should be able to hold for a few days.

:ph34r:

But this is crazy.

It's not going to work.

697246[/snapback]

I think we're already in the Black Hole.

Only it's too dark to notice it. :ph34r:

Cash is 70% king. :huh:

Archived