Fed Lets Out A Squeaker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WSE daily visitors number in the hundreds (not including the message board). Those guys on the list are in the thousands and the 10s of thousands. That's probably because WSE is primarily a paid subscription market letter and not a blog, per se. Our message board traffic is in the range of those above, but message boards aren't blogs either. In the first year of the Stool, when the market letters were free, my traffic was in the league those guys are now, but I had to go in a different direction at that time and shut down the free stuff so that I could quit my job at the convenience store and make a living publishing a market letter.

Was it the right choice? At the time it was. But I've since dropped off most radar screens. I also don't get along with the lunatic fringe faction of the bearish camp, and have intentionally driven the nutcases away. There's 40% of the market right there. I suspect that some of them still sneak around the message boards, but not the WSE itself.

Will I ever achieve mainstream notoriety? Probably not. I just don't have the interest in self promotion and unless you produce free material on a regular basis, it's difficult to attract a large audience. And I don't give subscriber material away for free, with rare exceptions, so few people get to know me.

When it comes to marketing, I have violated every single rule in the book. Screw 'em. If I can't get recognized for just doing a good job, then that's the way it has to be.

Remember, I am the only person in history to have failed the Dale Carnegie Sales Course when I was a young stock broker. :lol:

I invite everyone to spread links around elsewhere to the good stuff that you see here and on WSE.

Only if you want to, though. ;)

OK. Well, I have to watch the last game of the World Series tonight, unfortunately. I'm proud of my Phillies, but they just can't compete with that Yankee $150 zillion trillion payroll.

Go Phils. Win or lose, I'll always love ya!

Go Phils! Long live the Fightins!

Well, let's face it. World Series in November is obscene. If the Yankees were really all THAT good, they woulda swept it and avoided the grim spectacle of baseball so late in the year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's sick. Bet you can't wait for that first November World Series in Minnesota.

Diversionary Tactics �" Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, November 4, 2009, in Professional Edition, Today's Markets | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit Cycle based stock screening data strengthened across the board on Wednesday, suggesting that the late selloff might be a diversion. Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

It's sick. Bet you can't wait for that first November World Series in Minnesota.

Our wonderful government illegally (in violation of the state constitution) rammed an extra sales tax down our throats to pay for a ridiculous, unneeded outdoor stadium. My fervent hope is that every home baseball game next year in the new stadium is accompanied by rain, high winds, and a few tornadoes, to reward those stupid fools who kept whining about how hard it was to enjoy baseball games in a covered, temperature controlled situation.

There was an event here where they let us go on to the field at the Metrodome. It was really cool to stand on the pitcher's mound.

OK. Well, I have to watch the last game of the World Series tonight, unfortunately. I'm proud of my Phillies, but they just can't compete with that Yankee $150 zillion trillion payroll.

Go Phils. Win or lose, I'll always love ya!

Go Phils! Long live the Fightins!

They had a shot to close the gap there just now...

Archived