What Will They Think Up Next

PM_daloisio-300x0.jpg

"`In the current climate and, in light of the actions taken by other regulators, we need a circuit breaker to assist in maintaining and restoring confidence,'' ASIC Chairman Tony D'Aloisio said in the statement."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...J1Yo&refer=home

I'm wordless against this kind of rationale.

Stocks are overvalued, RE is overvalued, there's too much debt and leverage out on the streets. Why try to keep these values bloated?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe they'll forbid all shorting if the DOW ever plunges 500 again. Then they'll be out of "get out of jail free" cards.

691264[/snapback]

I can't even imagine WTF they will pull if we see another massive selloff (BTW, I think the pobabilty is high, especially now that the US balance sheet is on the verge of entering junk bond status).

Close the markets.....worked for Russia, right? Not!

Limit lock-limit trading ranges even tighter?

.....I mean really, I think we are on the verge of something really really big....and I thought last week was exhausting

i've a new medical breakthru: the depoopificator.

to keep colons entirely free of excrement and smelling as decent as any other bodily organ, the depoopificator will extract excrement at the interface of the small bowel and the colon.

the extraction process is magical and requires no incision or instrumentation.

once extracted, the foul-smelling material goes into a stool retention reserve in an undisclosed location between washington d.c. and wall street. stool within the reserve will eventually ferment and explode and thereby endanger the populace, but that's frickin' life--deal with it.

oh, and regular folk need not apply for the procedure. only bankers and their friends carry the proper insurance for the purge.

post-5990-1222046152.jpg

Exactly what I figured, but good to see it in black & white....Naked Capitalism

I worked at [Wall Street firm you've heard of], but now I handle financial services for [a Congressman], and I was on the conference call that Paulson, Bernanke and the House Democratic Leadership held for all the members yesterday afternoon. It's supposed to be members only, but there's no way to enforce that if it's a conference call, and you may have already heard from other staff who were listening in.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that, behind closed doors, Paulson describes the plan differently. He explicitly says that it will buy assets at above market prices (although he still claims that they are undervalued) because the holders won't sell at market prices. Anna Eshoo pressed him on how the government can compel the holders to sell, and he basically dodged the question. I think that's because he didn't want to admit that the government would just keep offering more and more.

:huh:  :blink:  :unsure:

...how long did it take them to discover you were jewish?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

691233[/snapback]

Jesus wasn't a Jew? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He makes numerous interesting points, one of them that I was unaware of, is that

regulations have prohibited independent verification of the financial health of a company for years now.  He doesn't think the problem is overall too little, or too much, regulation, but the particluar legislation that we had in this area of independent verification of a company's financial state.

http://www.decisionmoose.com/Moosecalls.html

Snippet below:

Anyone visiting any trading floor in any financial institution in late 2005, heard traders informally marveling among themselves at the laughable mortgage ?crap? that had begun to come across their desks, and that they were somehow able to move along to others. Had independent market anal cysts been able to investigate and report on such observations, even as the management of those firms claimed handsome profits rooted in supposedly AAA-rated securities, the current massive unwinding would have begun sooner. An earlier hit to their stock prices would have induced managers to curtail the excesses that instead were hidden and allowed to build up over the next two years. The systemic damage would have been far less.

In a country that extols its free press as a guardian of the public good, it is unconscionable that independent private investigative confirmation of the operational and financial condition of publicly traded corporations would be outlawed. That all news should be provided by one centralized, government-controlled  TV channel or newspaper is inconceivable in America, and yet that is the very model that we have adopted for corporate information.

691234[/snapback]

C'mon Cap! Are you THAT gullible? Do you believe every blog that you read? I would think that we would have learned by now to separate fact from some idiot's unsubstantiated opinions.

The End of Capitalism as We Know it

http://leavittbrothers.com/chartspeak/Char...20Know%20it.pdf

What to do?

Looks like patience is required as nothing likely to happen till after election?

Just short term measures?

PS Was a psychologist at one time, the MMPI (The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) cannot be faked.  Question responses are important not the question - called factor analysis

691236[/snapback]

Bullshirt. I knew what they were looking for in that test, and I gave it to them. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence and a Psych 101 course can easily manipulate that mindless crap.

Testing is mindless crap.

i've a new medical breakthru: the depoopificator.

to keep colons entirely free of excrement and smelling as decent as any other bodily organ, the depoopificator will extract excrement at the interface of the small bowel and the colon.

the extraction process is magical and requires no incision or instrumentation.

once extracted, the foul-smelling material goes into a stool retention reserve in an undisclosed location between washington d.c. and wall street.

spanking.jpg

691271[/snapback]

That would be Philadelphia. No one would notice it there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly what I figured, but good to see it in black & white....Naked Capitalism

I worked at [Wall Street firm you've heard of], but now I handle financial services for [a Congressman], and I was on the conference call that Paulson, Bernanke and the House Democratic Leadership held for all the members yesterday afternoon. It's supposed to be members only, but there's no way to enforce that if it's a conference call, and you may have already heard from other staff who were listening in.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that, behind closed doors, Paulson describes the plan differently. He explicitly says that it will buy assets at above market prices (although he still claims that they are undervalued) because the holders won't sell at market prices. Anna Eshoo pressed him on how the government can compel the holders to sell, and he basically dodged the question. I think that's because he didn't want to admit that the government would just keep offering more and more.

691272[/snapback]

Here we go again circulating completely unsubstantiated bullcrap. If we are going to repost unsubstantiated bullcrap, and at last count this quote was on about 7 different blogs and message boards if you do a google search for some of the language, then at least label it as such. To wit:

What I am posting below expresses my suspicion about what went on but it is unsubstantiated bullcrap. No one knows if the quote has any veracity whatsoever.

As for my personal opinion, I will assume it is compete horsecrap until someone presents evidence to the contrary.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

DON'T BE A MORAN!

THIMK!

"Fed Board Approves Goldman, Morgan Stanley Bid to Become Banks "

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...LUV4&refer=home

"To provide increased liquidity to the companies, the Fed agreed to lend to the firms' broker-dealer subsidiaries on the same terms as the Fed discount window for banks and the central bank's Primary Dealer Credit Facility lending window for investment banks."

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTKX00302620080922

More money for the crooks.

Jesus wasn't a Jew?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

C'mon Cap! Are you THAT gullible? Do you believe every blog that you read? I would think that we would have learned by now to separate fact from some idiot's unsubstantiated opinions.

Bullshirt. I knew what they were looking for in that test, and I gave it to them. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence and a Psych 101 course can easily manipulate that mindless crap.

Testing is mindless crap.

That would be Philadelphia. No one would notice it there.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Here we go again circulating completely unsubstantiated bullcrap. If we are going to repost unsubstantiated bullcrap, and at last count this quote was on about 7 different blogs and message boards if you do a google search for some of the language, then at least label it as such. To wit:

As for my personal opinion, I will assume it is compete horsecrap until someone presents evidence to the contrary.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!

DON'T BE A MORAN!

THIMK!

691274[/snapback]

You one in a million Doc, thanks for the great site, appreciate your feedback during these critical periods. B)

they have done a good job of making the 'shorts' the new bad guys.

It is really unbelievable how gullible most folks are.

On the stock chat boards the sheeple are openly baying for the blood of the shorts and today they are delirious that the 'evil shorts' are getting it good.

This is the most 'surreal' thing I have ever seen.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Babcock and Brown are a great case in point.

It is the shorts fault that they have dropped from $34 a share to .77c (up to $1.50 odd today),not management who borrowed squillions of $$$$$ during the boom.

PM_daloisio-300x0.jpg

"`In the current climate and, in light of the actions taken by other regulators, we need a circuit breaker to assist in maintaining and restoring confidence,'' ASIC Chairman Tony D'Aloisio said in the statement."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...J1Yo&refer=home

I'm wordless against this kind of rationale.

Stocks are overvalued, RE is overvalued, there's too much debt and leverage out on the streets. Why try to keep these values bloated?

691263[/snapback]

Consider what is about to happen to california. as RE falls, taxes revenue declines. Unemployment is going up, which means income tax revenues are falling.

This little wall street mess is going to screw up alot of things here, which means that revenue will fall even faster.

The state budget is 100% effed up right now. A new one was passed but already emergency spending cuts are being discussed as being required by December.

If the hot air isn't held up the state is in a financial disASSter (which it has no escape from). Thousands of state employees will get fired, leading to more home losses. The rhetoric will be fast and furious.

Now repeat across all the states.

Game over.

:o

Mainly, we just have to keep a cool head, green eyeshades in place.

My gut feeling is that this rally gets reversed pdq as the implications of what is going on begin to sink in.

And maybe Paulson did say that. Or maybe he didnt'. But it's legislation. The ball is in Congress's court, and right now the public is apparently overwhelmingly opposed to it, if you can believe the feedback on CNN. There's going to be some wrangling in Congress over this, that's certain. And the first version of the legislation is certain to be amended even after passage.

With angry constituents bombarding their congresscritters with complaints about bailing out Wall Street on our dime, you can bet that this legislation will not get passed overnight, if at all.

This is going to be fun to watch. Just you wait.

Archived