What Will They Think Up Next

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been exhausting trying to keep up with this stuff.

690986[/snapback]

They will only allow individuals and firms to trading every other day. On off days the Depot of Homey Protection will force borkers to only let each acct. be accessed on their assigned day. :P :lol: I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Doc.

:huh:

What's exhausting?

:huh:

Nothing happened this week:

**9-12-08 CLOSE** **9-19-08 AFT**

S&P 1252 1251

DOW 11422 11391

2YR 2.21% 2.13%

10 YR 3.72% 3.75%

6MO BILLS 1.55 1.51

FN 30 5s 98-20+ 98-20

ABX 06-2 AAA 68-16 67-16

CMBX3 AAA 148.5 150

IG10 152 153

:P

Hammerin’ Hank and Helo Ben are living up to their names this week for sure. Hank for much longer, but he learned the smiley-face media game quickly after some initial arrogance in first round of interviews. It’s just a p/r smiley face though, he is the Hammer. He hammered Barney and the CONgressional leadership into giving him a blank check to deal with Foney&Fraudie, scaring them with the alternative (something about if they set a limit number of $$ available, people would game the system to get there). This morning he did another scare-sales job in TV interviews, threatening the Congress and the citizenry with their futures, and their kids futures, which would be far worse and more expensive if they didn’t give him a “couple of hundred billion”, which means at least $1 Trillion, probably. A trillion here, a trillion there, and pretty soon …..

The Big Scare seems to be the main ‘negotiation’ tactic of the Hammer, and the whole neoCON experiment in totalitarian rule for that matter. Up until a few weeks back, a recession was only a “remote possibility”. This week, we face Armageddon if we don’t do what the Hammer recommends.

Up till now, Ben has been more aptly Lysol Ben, for sterilizing every big cash infusion, however narrow and targeted the slosh. But I think I see a propeller forming over his bald head. He clearly seems to have begun monetizing dead-duck toxic waste from every quarter. If he intends on buying up the lot, that’s gonna run into the tens-of-trillions, at least, I would think.

But for meddling with forces much larger than your imagination or power, Chris Cox gets the golden stool award this week. The blow back of unintended CONsequences that is gonna be created from the overt attempt to set market prices by changing the rules of trade every friggin’ week, will be a milestone in blunders. :o

What an invigorating and exhausting and infuriating week this has been. A moment of silence, as Jim Grant asked at the end of an interview on bloombox, for the death of capitalism. I would only change it by saying the death of the fa?ade of capitalism.

Never have so few stolen so much from so many.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Nothing happened?

Maybe not yet.

I'm thinking the Trojan Horse has been taken into the city....

These are firsts. The Fed has never before directly purchased Agencies. Until now it has held Treasuries only, although it has accepted paper other than Treasuries as collateral for loans. This is the first time the Fed will hold non-Treasury paper outright. Second, the Fed will now finance worthless ABCP purchases with non-recourse loans. I guess that means that if the paper goes bad, the Fed will not require additional collateral. It will just absorb the loss. This is certain debasement of the currency.

-- Quote from Doc's publicly available intro to the Feed repor.....

Takin' in the Trash...

What about that all important tamale?

tamales.jpg

I'm an American who spends 5 months a year in Canada. Thinking of saying screw it, and just staying here. Absolutely demoralizing.

690994[/snapback]

...and I'm a Canadian (now naturalized American) who's giving this country 24 months to get its s+++ togther, otherwise I'm gonna go back to Alberta

Hammerin? Hank and Helo Ben are living up to their names this week for sure.  Hank for much longer, but he learned the smiley-face media game quickly after some initial arrogance in first round of interviews.  It?s just a p/r smiley face though, he is the Hammer.  He hammered Barney and the CONgressional leadership into giving him a blank check to deal with Foney&Fraudie, scaring them with the alternative (something about if they set a limit number of $$ available, people would game the system to get there).  This morning he did another scare-sales job in TV interviews, threatening the Congress and the citizenry with their futures, and their kids futures, which would be far worse and more expensive if they didn?t give him a ?couple of hundred billion?, which means at least $1 Trillion, probably.  A trillion here, a trillion there, and pretty soon ?..

The Big Scare seems to be the main ?negotiation? tactic of the Hammer, and the whole neoCON experiment in totalitarian rule for that matter.  Up until a few weeks back, a recession was only a ?remote possibility?.  This week, we face Armageddon if we don?t do what the Hammer recommends. 

Up till now, Ben has been more aptly Lysol Ben, for sterilizing every big cash infusion, however narrow and targeted the slosh.  But I think I see a propeller forming over his bald head.  He clearly seems to have begun monetizing dead-duck toxic waste from every quarter.  If he intends on buying up the lot, that?s gonna run into the tens-of-trillions, at least, I would think.

But for meddling with forces much larger than your imagination or power, Chris Cox gets the golden stool award this week.  The blow back of unintended CONsequences that is gonna be created from the overt attempt to set market prices by changing the rules of trade every friggin? week, will be a milestone in blunders.  :o 

What an invigorating and exhausting and infuriating week this has been.  A moment of silence, as Jim Grant asked at the end of an interview on bloombox, for the death of capitalism.  I would only change it by saying the death of the fa?ade of capitalism. 

Never have so few stolen so much from so many. 

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

691003[/snapback]

Fascist capitalism. :ph34r: With shockingly little dissent.

Dodd was just on saying when Hank and Ben got the CONgressional leaders in a room last night, he said there would be "Armageddon" if they didn't act swiftly. A bill is expected to be passed by next Friday. The only other issue jammed through that fast I can remember, was the Iraq War Resolution, and look how well that turned out. We are now spending $10 B a month (or is it a day, I can't keep it straight :P ) in direct costs for that little adventure that was to pay for itself. It's total cost has been estimated by Nobel economist Steiglitz at $3 Trillion. Tere's that sum again. When was it we switched to thinking and talking in billions, to trillions. I can't remember. <_<

Archived